Howdy! I'm your debt helper
CBCS Collections - What do people say about this collection agency?Rate This Article:
CBCS collections is a collection agency (CA) which claims to provide excellent customer service. However, consumers who have dealt with this agency have certain complaints against them.
What complaints do people have against CBCS collections?
The complaints against this company are varied. Read through the sections below to know the complaints against them:
- Calling the wrong person: The CA is said to harass consumers even though they are not responsible for any CBCS collections debt. For instance, a customer complains that the CA called him for his daughter's debt and continued their harassment over the phone even after he told them that his daughter does not stay with him. Know more.
- Collection on a non-existent account: A customer alleges that the CA claimed that she owed US Bank $175. But she says she never had an account with US bank. The representative who called her was very rude and asked her to pay a settlement fee of $57 immediately! The customer refused to do so straightaway. Get the details.
- Collection of bills which are paid off: The collection agency is also accused of collecting on accounts which have already been paid off. A person says he paid off an outstanding bill in full by making payments of over $700 to the agency. But the company called him again a few months later and demanded $50. They kept calling him and sent him letters demanding more money even after he paid off the bill! Check out more.
- Asking for personal information: A customer complains that the company asks for personal and sensitive information from the consumers. He says he had to provide last four digits of his Social Security Number to talk to a representative of this company. He was then told to fill out a specific form with all the personal information. When he contacted his original creditor, he found out that the debt, which CBCS claimed he owed, did not even exist in the creditor's records!
The customer also adds that there are no CBCS Collections phone number and proper physical address mentioned on the collection agency's website. He thinks this is a clear sign of CBCS Collections being a scam company. Find more on this.
What should you do to deal with the CA?
In case you're being harassed by this CA and you want to know how to deal with them, take a look at the options given below:
- Send Validation letter: This is the first thing you should do while dealing with the collection agency. Send them a validation letter letter asking them to validate the account they're trying to collect on. If they cannot validate the debt, they have no legal right to contact you for collections.
- Send Cease and Desist letter: If the CA keeps harassing you even after they have failed to validate the debt, you should send them a Cease and Desist letter asking them to stop contacting you for collections.
- File complaints against them: In case the agency does not stop harassing you even after failing to validate the account, they will be in violation of the FDCPA laws. You can file complaints against them with the State Attorney General and the FTC.
If you need to contact CBCS Collections agency, you can use the following details:
CBCS Collections Address:
105 W 5th Ave.
Emporia, KS 66801
CBCS Collections phone number: (620) 343-6220 Or (785) 238-6123