Howdy! I'm your debt helper
Equable ascent financial complaints: Know the tricks to handle the CARate This Article:
Equable Ascent Financial LLC is an Illinois based collection agency. It is not a BBB accredited business and in the last 3 years, consumers have filed at least 127 complaints against them with the BBB. Consumers have also had a number of other issues with this company. Read below to know more.
- What are the major complaints consumers have against them?
- How do you deal with them if they contact you attempting to collect a debt?
What are the major complaints consumers have against them?
There are multiple complaints regarding how the business operates, handles debtors and manages their paperwork. Here are some of the common issues.
- Does not respond to DV requests promptly – Consumers were initially contacted via mail using a dunning letter. In most cases, the CA failed to revert once consumers responded with a written debt validation request.
- Difficult to get in touch with – Many consumers have tried in vain to reach the CA over the phone. In most cases, upon dialing the listed number, the phone is answered by a pre-recorded voice message that provides no helpful leads.
- Calls trying to collect on invalid debts – In a lot of instances, consumers have complained that the CA had contacted them regarding debts that belonged to others. Even after informing them of their mistake and asking them to cease calling and mailing, they continue to do so.
- Another company receives mails sent to them – Consumers had sent communications in writing to the CA via certified mail but never received response. On further investigation it was found that a neighboring company, Apex Financial receives mails on their behalf, with or without authorization.
How do you deal with them if they contact you attempting to collect a debt?
Since it is somewhat difficult getting in touch with the CA over the phone, there are a few ways of dealing with them.
- Respond to dunning letters or collection calls with a written debt validation request and send it by certified mail. If the CA does not respond to your DV request within 30 days of receiving it, they cannot continue attempting to collect on the debt.
- In case the CA calls or contacts you in writing attempting to collect on a debt which is not yours, you should send them a Cease & Desist letter by certified mail. In order to stop them from harassing you over the phone, put their number on the national do-not-call list.
In case you wish to contact Equable Ascent Financial LLC, here is their contact information:
Equable Ascent Financial LLC 1120 W Lake Cook Rd, Suite B, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-1970
Fax: 847-509-7810 Phone: 866-902-7395 847-504-3261