member profile picture

I hope someone can help me. I have a civil suit against me from Capital One (valid debt). The suit went to judgment and I had made payment arrangements with their legal representative to make payments ($25.00) a week. My husband is the only one with income, so when his work slowed down, I missed three payments. I called them to let them know of my situation and said I would send a payment as soon as I had funds available. The rep. said she would note the account but that I was breaking my commitment.

Now, my huband received some money for disability compensation since he was injured at work. He put some in our joint account to help with bills and necessities. That account is now frozen. I have not received any notice that they were going to do this.

Okay, here are my questions. Since that money is not wages, can they do this? What will happen if I don't do anything? I have all the paperwork to file for an exemption (confusing), but what are the chances of having the freeze removed?

I cannot afford legal representation, plus I have two small children I bring with me everywhere I go.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.725 seconds.