Skip to main content
index page

Quick update and maybe get some help

Submitted by 2nband on Fri, 09/05/2008 - 08:24
Credits:
[Donate]

Hey all ~ I am sorry for not being on here very much. As you know, things have been a little hectic with us and lately we have been kind of going thru a grieving process for one of our beloved pets that we had to put down 2 weeks ago today. But we are getting better. Just found out, and I am not suppose to know this, the guys here are are getting me another puppy, a cocker spaniel. It is a female and is black. Like I said, I am not suppose to know this. I will be getting her once she is able to leave her mommy. I guess they saw how much I was hurt by loosing my baby Belle, that they decided to do something to cheer me up. I will put on an accademy award winning performance when the time comes. LOL Of course you know I will post a picture once I get her.

My husband is still looking for a second job, but not too many people are hiring right now, at least for the times he is available to work anyway. But we are doing the best we can right now.

My son survived Gustav. He said it wasn't as bad as they thought it was going to be although there was still a mess on the base. He is due to graduate tech school next month and plans on coming home for a week before he heads to Nellis AFB, which is his duty station.

My daughter has started school and marching band. They are wanting $1100 in fees this year for band!!!! They are wanting approx $300 a month for this and they have said if fees are not current, the kids cannot ride the bus and go to competititons, but they are required to be at practices and ball games, but if cannot attend functions due to not paying fees and going to competitions, it will count against their grade! I am not going to get too much into this because I can get real fired up about it. Let's just say I have made my feelings known not only to the band directors, the booster president, the school principal, the board of education and the superintendant of schools in our county. I have been dealing with band for going on 6 years now and this was the straw that broke the camels back. Just let them tell me that my daughter cannot go on a trip because of fees and see what may happen. Claws will come out!!!!! :twisted:

Anway, band is the reason I mentioned maybe some help. In fact this will have nothing to do with donating points or anything like that. It has to do with a private fundraiser we are doing for my daughter, Pampered Chef, so if anyone is interested in information, send me a PM. We are doing what we can to help get her fees paid. Oh and the $1100 does not include any extra money for meals or anything like that. So, I am asking my friends and family to help with our fundraisers.

Let's see, what else.....hmmmm can't think of too much else. But I am at work now, so I need to scoot. I will check in later on and see what else I can post and where. Take care all!!!!

((((hugs to everyone))))
Karen

I hear what you are saying about band, and I am with you 100%! My daughter just started high school, and the band fees for the year are approximately $2000! They are higher than usual this year because the band is going to Indianapolis in November for Grand Nationals. Besides that we had to pay about $100 for uniform and maintenance costs. And we HAVE to donate AT LEAST two bags of recycling every month. And we are already on our second fundraiser (first a gym trial/raffle, now a car wash), with a minimum number of ticket sales per student. If the tickets don't get sold, guess who has to buy them?? I'm wondering who they keep expecting us to hit up month after month! Ugh!!

Good luck with yours! I'd offer to help (and I love Pampered Chef), but with my husband having lost his job recently, and our own band expenses, we're pretty tapped out!

Submitted by alias1958 on Fri, 09/05/2008 - 13:02

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

Alias ~ we are going to Indy also in Nov to Grand Nationals!!! It is really neat to watch the bands, but be warned, stuff is very expensive. Do get the DVD of your band's performance. We have done it every year that we have gone and it is really nice to look back and see how far you child has come. Good luck to you also.

Submitted by 2nband on Fri, 09/05/2008 - 15:39

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )

just got my orderin.waited for some friends to look too.decided
to just order.they will order as well i think,but i got my stuff ordered.good stuff too.PM 2ndband if you can.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 08:06

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Got it paulmergel! Thanks so much.

I will be closing the party out on Friday evening. I appreciate all the help!! I saw so many things in there that I wanted!!! Just have to do it a little at a time though, but will get there. I love the stoneware!!! I also like the pots and pans, just wish I could afford them right now, even the hostess special is a littel much for me at this time.

I am at work right now but will try to get on here later on this evening if I can.

thanks again!!!

Submitted by 2nband on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 10:40

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )