Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums

What is the worst thing that can happen when you are sued?

member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

I am being sued by citibank credit card. I live with my daughter and have no income, i have not been able to pay on this debt since oct2001, i am scared i have never had this happen to me. what is the worst thing will happen to me?

Well sorry, but someone who followed the Bill of Rights Article 7th probably didnt bother to read it...it has nothing to do with paying bills.

I have been in other peoples shoes....I grew up in other peoples shoes...however I wont be gulliable and will ask questions if I dont understand what I am reading or signing.

Debts are not aways sold. Major creditors place accounts third party for collectitons which can and does result in being sued.

Sub: #71 posted on Tue, 03/02/2010 - 07:08

SOAPLADY SOAPLADY
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17310 | Credits: )

My employer received garnishment papers today, served by a constable. The account is ancient; over 5 years but my ex discarded all old statements to prove. No court order in papers; have never been notified to appear b4 judge...is this smoke and mirrors by attorney?

Sub: #72 posted on Fri, 03/05/2010 - 22:22

Unregistered

I too have been put off or scared away by the rudeness of certain Mods
This is not right.
I am glad you all are smarter than us "regular folk". But please do not treat us like garbage,

Sub: #73 posted on Sat, 03/06/2010 - 10:46

Unregistered

if YOU have been garnished wages that means YOU have ignored all contacts with your creditors and local law offices.

this being said: its better to be sued on your full balance than to pay minimums forever tripling what you owe!

its even better to pay back your full balance than paying a debt consolidation company that will take your money plus pay off your interest over a period of time which is a 90% failure.

Sub: #74 posted on Sun, 03/07/2010 - 01:57

Unregistered

Vegasgirl,

You must check with the county court to see if there were indeed a lawsuit been filed against you or not? If you were improperly served you may have an option to contest the judgement based on that ground.

Sub: #75 posted on Mon, 03/08/2010 - 04:02

SC SC
Moderators
(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

If you get sued, is it required/recommended that you get a lawyer or can we do this in court ourselves?

Sub: #76 posted on Mon, 03/08/2010 - 10:02

tygger tygger

(Posts: 42 | Credits: )

A law firm allegedly representing my cc company, sued with an S&C, which I answered timely with an Answer. They have now sent my Interrogatories, etc. that could take a lifetime to answer. I called the Clerk of Court in our County, and was advised that nothing was filed with the Court
What should I do with the Interrogatories...answer or not. I am preparing some Interrogatories for them also but maybe there is a better way to reach a settlement.
The Summons said the lawsuit would be handled by ADR but the lawsuit has not been filed?????
HELP!!!

Sub: #77 posted on Mon, 03/15/2010 - 15:57

Unregistered

who to contact to stop phone calls to family & friends about a debt owed?

Sub: #78 posted on Thu, 03/18/2010 - 13:57

Unregistered

I cant pay my credit card , sent to collection agency I HAVE NO INCOME OR ASSETS ONLY A MONTHLY SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY CHECK.
CAN I BE MADE TO PAY OR SUED
wHAT SHOULD i DO

Sub: #79 posted on Tue, 03/23/2010 - 18:40

Unregistered

The credit card company can sue your as long as the debt is under the legal statute of limitation. However, if you are living on social security disability income then it is exempted from garnishment.

Sub: #80 posted on Tue, 03/23/2010 - 21:38

SC SC
Moderators
(Posts: 3937 | Credits: )

Page loaded in 0.302 seconds.