Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Debt Consolidation and Debt Settlement forums

Zwicker and Associates hararssing me to repay all my debt

member profile picture

I was contacted by Zwicker and Associates to collect an american express debt. They want the entire balance now. They looked up my credit report and are hounding me to transfer the amount to other credit card company balances. What are my options to repay this debt? They said if they do not get the total amount within 7 days they will start process to put a lien on my house and take me to court to collect the money through the courts.

You also, as all companies and members of the BBB, and BBB complaint uippun can. And many employees are using scare tactics to retain NCO, Lies, and other illegal and immoral thing to filed. I was just a mark on them add up to thousands of complaints already know, the better I felt.

Sub: #41 posted on Fri, 02/18/2011 - 22:00

parlin parlin

(Posts: 3 | Credits: )

we have certainly had our dealings with z&a. we each have a discover account there and a ge acct there. have been making payments to them since march 2010 (less than they would normally accept under "hardship") on the discover bills, and since august 2010 on ge. i recently talked to them to try to work out settlements on the cards, but they said disc would not take less than 80% of the current balance- i told them quickly, cant do that. offered them a %, they said not a chance, but did not make any effort to make the offer to disc. then talked about ge, man offered me about 65% if i could pay it over 2 months- can not do. so no settlement agreements on any. so will continue current payments for a couple of months, then gonna contact recovery depts of disc and ge and see what we can do.. got 2 boa's will be settlement paid at end of march, which will make money available in april for other cc's. will talk to disc and ge then. z & a can sure be a pain in the rear..

Sub: #42 posted on Sun, 02/20/2011 - 21:03

generallee generallee

(Posts: 150 | Credits: )

These people harrass me to no end. I spoke with a woman a while ago, told her my situation, was unemployed for 3 years, finally got a minimun wage job, husband disabled etc. She was soooo sympathetic, and said call back when my situation changed. Needless to say my situation only became worse. I have a judgement against me, they have levied my bank account, threatened to take my personal possessions. You can't get blood from a turnip. I'm more than willing to pay my debt, but circumstances at this time prevent it. I have always paid my bills on time, had the best credit, but I fell on hard times. It could happen to anyone. Really, they can't get anything from me now, because I am on unemployment and my husband gets social security. I am sure every one is willing to pay their debts, just give us a chance to get back on our feet. Enough said

Sub: #43 posted on Wed, 09/28/2011 - 05:46

sudalunts sudalunts

(Posts: 1 | Credits: )

i hope you hubby has his ss benefits going into a bank account that no other funds go into (dedicated), or they can take his benefits, and he can get them back, but a lot of bs to go thru. they can not touch that....or that he has the ss debit card.. and i hope that your unemployment is coming to you by mail.... as long as you do not put any money in that account, there is nothing for them to take. but if you put any money into it, they will get it... they can even attach your state tax refund next year! i had this happen to a friend in michigan this year, over a debt that was originally $300 and turned into over $1000. they got her entire state tax refund.... they can not touch the federal refund.. if you owe them enough $$, they can put a lien on your home. but i do not believe they can take your personal possessions...
it sounds like it is too late, but you could have avoided the bank acct levy if you had responded to the judgement filing.... sounds like they won by default (cause you did not respond)... sorry

Sub: #44 posted on Tue, 10/11/2011 - 13:47

generallee generallee

(Posts: 150 | Credits: )

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.793 seconds.