Skip to main content
index page

Asset Acceptance LLC complaints: How to deal with the CA

Submitted by on Mon, 08/01/2005 - 15:37
Credits:
[Donate]

So far I filed Asset Acceptance LLC complaints with the BBC and the FTC, but her is my story as short as I can make it.
In the beginning of June I received an Asset Acceptance collections letter stating they would meet me dollar for dollar on my credit card debt, so my girlfriend called the company and explained to them that this sounds like a good idea. Chris Sutton the representative handling the case said I needed $100 as intent to cooperate. So my girlfriend used her bank account to pay the $100 to get me going, Chris explained that I must pay $773.80 starting next month for 3 months. July came along and I received a letter stating they would be depositing $773.80 to their account from my girlfriends account. This was not authorized by her or me. So I called them and spoke to a representative named Marva who was filling in for Chris Sutton, I explained to her that I do not have the funds at this time and that we did not autorized any automatic transactions from my girlfriends account. Marva explained that they do not take the funds directly out of the account and that the letter should have been worded better. Happy with this answer I ended the call. Two weeks later we noticed the amount of $773.80 was take from my girlfriends account by Asset Acceptance without authorization. So I called on 8/1/2005 and was told by a supervisor Robert (Bob) Mills that they will not give me my money back after explaining that they took it from my girlfriends account without authorization, and that his representatives told me it would be directly taken out of her account. At this time I asked for the two recordings of the conversation he than stated their are none. So I asked how could he possibly know what was said from the representative without a recorded conversation which the representatives told me was being recorded.
So now my girlfriend is out of $773.80 of her hard earned money because of tactics used by this company. All I want is her money returned back to her account but I dont know where to begin to fight this. Asset Acceptance supervisor pretty much acted like We won you lost get over it bye!
Help me!

Trying to pay or find out how old my dept was..was on my credit report..when trying to call....the phone automated call says hold in silence until it's picked up..held for 20 min..
I called again ..same thing , but I didn't hold...It is for a large wholesale company..which I use to shop at...how do I get an answer..The Wholesale said go to the creditor..and I can't talk to a real person...what to do..this is Asset Acceptance LLC

Submitted by on Mon, 06/21/2010 - 15:35

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Asset Acceptance now outsources their debt collectors to India. They've been trying to collect an old outstanding bill from me that is way past the state's SOL for several years now. The last few weeks, I've been getting (703) 656-98** phone calls from a man with an English-sounding name but having an Indian accent who used several high-pressure tactics to get me to pay over the phone. After checking my credit report (and finding no disputes or collection agencies on my record...SOL) I reverse-called recently and spoke with another Indian man who admitted their call center was in India.

Submitted by on Sun, 07/18/2010 - 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Last year I did a credit check in feb; I found the Assets Acceptance LLC as a new negative mark. I had never recieved a phone call or letter indicating that I owned or held a bad debt. I called them and it turned out that I had an electric bill that didn't close until three months after I had moved. I paid them $480.00 over the phone on 2/10/05. I wanted to dispute the information but I don't think I could prove that I had canceled the electric when I moved. My real problem with this is: 1) I didn't hear from the electric company or Assets Ac. LLC ever- 2) After I paid the debt in febuary the account remained open in collections until April 3) Even after I paid it and the money was removed from my account I never recieve a letter confirming the payment of my account.
What can i do to at least make my credit report accurate?

All you have to do is call them and ask for a PAID IN FULL letter and it would get mailed out to you. They have to send it.
The reason why you didnt hear anything from anyone. Is because when a company (like the electric company) has an overdue account, if no payment is received (also you might of not even got the last bill cuz of you moving) in so much time, they will sell it to a collection agency (asset) and it actually takes a while for it to get into the system and before any calls are made, there is the 1st letter, acknowledging you of the debt and how its at (Asset), but the system (to send out the first letter) would probably have your old address (of the service address for the debt) and the 1st letter and other letters of attempt got sent there.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/15/2010 - 16:47

in the courthouse or county you were sued in. then they will set you a hearing pretty quick, within week or two. Then tell the judge this is not her account. If he requests or inquires if this is your account tell him no, that you have never had proof of this account from this company and you would like to see proof of the account (contracts signed) or they drop their lawsuit.

Submitted by on Mon, 12/27/2010 - 12:01

Asset acceptance LLC is a low life collector. They are rude and have attitude. I was a co signer on a loan and they have no heart. I have been making payments on my account and they refuse to show payments made on my credit report. It looks as if I am not paying. I called trans union and have put in a dispute.
It should be the law that your credit report is truthful. And completely truthful is that I am making payments as agreed. The snot nosed kid at AALLC is that they don't have to do anything.
These are shady peeps and I am reporting to BBB today.

Submitted by on Fri, 02/04/2011 - 09:48

i have aproblem we foudn out i have a judgement against me from asset llc througha local court system.
i tried concaxting the court to ask abotu it they said i had to contact them.
i want to pay this off but at same time after doing some digging this accoutn was 2001 after an car accident and i was unable to amke any mroe paymets the credit card comay new this and refused to put my insurance i was paying in case this happened into action. instead they put me into collections.well we since moved a coupe of times due to husbanded getting out of navy and us finally planitng in florida. its now 2011 they credit is suppsoe to eb removed 2013 but we want to buy a house cheaper than renting, this judgment dropped me so low its not funny.
how can i either pay it or get it off my credit report within a month,
please help

Submitted by darcyag3 on Tue, 02/22/2011 - 09:33

darcyag3

( Posts: | Credits: )

Asset Acceptance are complete jerks and impossible to work with! I am filing a law suit against THEM, because they took unauthorized charges out of my account. I also spoke with the attorney generals office and what they are doing is illegal! Dont give ANY information to theirs people, retain a lawyer!

Submitted by on Tue, 03/15/2011 - 05:40

Wow thats funny that is the biggest crock of shit i have ever heard. You and all your co-workers are ignorant as hell and there is no working with you. Do you really think we do not want to pay these bills off? Im sure you are in debt too "ass-et worker". *****consumers******they are not allowed to collect after the sol expires. If you make a payment it resets the statue of limitations. Check with your attorney general to find out what the statue of limitations are in your state. In my area it is 4 years, after that they have no legal recourse to collect anything from you!!!! It will remain on your credit report but they cannot sue.also - they are not allowed to threaten you - that my friends is illegal and under the fair credit act its under harassment.dont fall for their bs get yourselves a lawyer like i have!

Submitted by on Tue, 03/15/2011 - 05:51

Submitted by on Sat, 04/02/2011 - 02:14

My husband almost fell victim to one of these scams. She called my husband in regards to a Southwestern Bell bill that was over 800 dollars, said she would settle for 300. My husband stated you will need to talk to my wife..knowing that something sounded fishy, she continued to call him, but he would be too busy to talk to her, and would ask her to call back during the evening, after a month, I finally got to speak to that LITTLE $W#%@#$... She got an immediate attitude with me, I asked her about the account, asked when the account was turned over to her? What the original amount was? From When? The original telephone #on the account, she played off that my husband stated that it could have been from his past, but when she finally found information, it was nowhere that my husband had ever lived, the scary thing is that she had all his previous addresses, all of the phone numbers that I had had at my house that wasn't even through Southwestern Bell and before my husband and I married... When she finally gave me a phone number, it was a phone # in Minnesota..Quite a bit aways from TEXAS!!!! I told her that I would take it up with SWB which had not been a company in over 10 years...So the debt was not valid anyways,.. I finally told her that if she wanted me to consider paying the damn thing, then she needed to prove that it was valid debt...I asked her to send proof so she did reluntantly and when it came in the mail, it showed that the account was paid and balance was $0.00........SO What did we learn HERE!!!! ALWAYS ASK FOR PROOF of DEBT!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 04/05/2011 - 10:34

Hi. I just recieved a notice of a lawsuit from Asset Acceptance LLC. Apparently they must have bought the account from a company. I went through lots of financial hardship last year and my home was in foreclosure. The amount I owe is actually 1300 dollars but Asset acceptance claim I owe 2300 but are suing for 1800 dollars including interest. The bill is for a medical procedure from Care Credit and I was originally paying through GE MOney. What Can I do about this? I tried to negotiate the real amount of 1300 with them and then also to see if they would reduce the amount so I could pay a lump sum. But the lady was so nasty and basically wouldn't offer any deal with me. I also explained that I do not owe 1800 but 1300 according the the payments I had made in 2009. I am thinking of using the assistance of a lwayer. Is there any possibility of getting the amount reduced in court in july?

Submitted by on Wed, 06/01/2011 - 18:48

it seems that asset is charging interest on my account since they picked it up. anyone know bout this. no other collections or creditors that i saw did this. so any info would help.? thanks

Submitted by on Wed, 12/19/2012 - 13:29