Share post
member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

I just joined the forum, and I wondered if anyone else had a problem quite like mine. You see, I have been in the process of getting divorced for nearly two eyars now, and i really can't afford a lawyer or anything to expedite the process, thanks to my low income and too high for comfort debt.

You see, while we were married, I paid all off the essential bills (housing, utilities, food), while my ex paid the phone bill (including cell and DSL for his computer) and gas for his car. He made $11.50 an hour as opposed to my $7 an hour, and I had no idea what he did with the rest of his money, as the student loan and credit card people were constantly calling him about his accounts. During this time, I had to juggle utilities, robbing Peter to pay Paul, and I had to defer my own student loans and pay most of the bills by credit card.

By the time my ex moved out and in with his new fiancee, both of my credit cards were maxed out, my student loans were in deferment, and it was all I could do just to pay housing and utilities.

As soon as I could, I contacted Discover card, because their minimum payment was more than I could afford (after taxes, I bring home less than $1000 a month). When I asked to close the account and see about paying a smaller amount (what I could afford) until i could get things on an even keel financilly, the woman I talked to was extremely rude and unkind. She reminded me that doing this would "look horrible on [my] credit," and I replied, "What will look worse on my credit report: me closing the account and paying what I can, or me not paying anything on the account at all?" She was rude and pushy, but she finally agreed to close the account and let me pay $50 a month for a year. She was about as helpful as dropping a hammer on my foot. =/

I look at my statement and I shudder, because she said that I'd still have interest building up...and I do, and it isn't pretty.

Is Discover Card uncooperative when it comes to trying to settle debt, or did I just go about it the wrong way? *shakes head* I'm stuck, and it looks like I'm going to need some professional help to be able to get out of this quagmire.

I call them and i told them to stop to call my house
Because the bill is payed already.
She said:who is this?

Sub: #21 posted on Sat, 06/09/2007 - 09:10

tsacgiv tsacgiv

(Posts: 2106 | Credits: )

DISCOVER FINCL SVC LLC
PO BOX 15316
WILMINGTON,DE 19850 5316
1800 3472683.
I PUT THIS ADDRESS IN WHO CALLED US?
I COPY FROM MY HUSBAND CREDIT REPORT AND IS ANOTHER PHONE NUMBER FROM DISCOVER CARD.
http://www.whocalled.us /lookup/8003472683

Sub: #22 posted on Tue, 06/12/2007 - 20:36

tsacgiv tsacgiv

THE LADY FROM DISCOVER CARD TOLD MY HUSBAND TODAY HE HAS A CASH BACK ALWAYS HE USES DISCOVER CARD.
I SCREAMED NEAR THE TELEPHONE THAT DISCOVER CARD HAS A CASH BACK OF 48 CENTS!!!
SHE ASKED MY HUSBAND IF I HAVE INTERNET AND HE SAID:
YES.
SHE HANG UP VERY FAST.

Sub: #23 posted on Mon, 03/24/2008 - 18:49

tsacgiv tsacgiv

I opened a new discover card in July and they started chaging for payment protection paln on my balace transferred. As I did not use this card for purchase i did not relize they are charing from August'08. When I called today, they were rude and it took 20mins. to get to the agent. They say I agreed on Phone to the plan, I am not sure how and when. It seems they are rushing to end the call by canceling the program and give 1 month credit.. Beware of any calls from Discover, you may not know what you are signing up for...

Sub: #24 posted on Tue, 12/02/2008 - 12:52

Unregistered

We are in the same situation. We didn't use this card for purchase since Julay 2008 and keep paid it off and never pay attention on online statments. Today I noticed that they automaticaly push us on plan protection (PPD) and charge us for that about 68$ every month!!!! i want to cry, the total is already 450$!!!! Unbelivable!!! I know for sure, not me, not my husband never agreed and never ever were asked about signing up for this plan!!!! What to do???? I will call tomorrow, but from prev. responses looks like we can just cancel the plan, but never get our money back.

Sub: #25 posted on Tue, 01/27/2009 - 21:25

Unregistered

I gave complaint to ftc today about discover card.
My husband still paying since 4 years a high payment protection ppd 1877-883-1959 of$ 26.18.
Discover change his date of payment to 30 of each month.
Discover charged a late fee to my husband blind and mentally ill either because he pay discover card in 2 of each month.
Oct2 payment of 100,00
sep 30 late fee of 39,00
oct 4 payment protection ppd 1-877-883-1959 26,18
purchase of 65?
Finance charges is 55,62.
Balance is 2968.33.
How he can pay a ppd(payment protection )of 26,18 in discover card?
My husband is paying a ppd over 20,oo over 4 years.
Ftc complaint.

Sub: #26 posted on Sun, 10/11/2009 - 05:09

tsacgiv tsacgiv

https://www.ftccomplaintas sistant.gov/
THANKS SHAZZERS FOR THIS GREAT PAGE.HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY!!!
HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY FOR ALL GREAT MEMBERS OF DCC(DEBT CONSOLIDATION CARE FORUM).
THANKS WHERAMI FOR TELL ME IS TOO HIGH THE PPD OF 23,60 3 YEARS AGO.(2006)
MY HUSBAND BLIND AND MENTALLY ILL DID NOT UNDERSTAND DISCOVER ARE STEALING MONEY FROM HIM BUT HE IS SAD.
THANK YOU ALL FANTASTIC MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM.
I KNOW MY ENGLISH IS BAD BUT PEOPLE FROM DCC ARE ANGELS AND THEY DIDNT CARE ABOUT MY BAD ENGLISH.
DCC HELP ME ALWAYS AND IT IS FREE!!!
I LOVE DEBT CONSOLIDATION CARE FORUM MEMBERS.
HAPPY COLLUMBUS DAY FOR EVERYBODY!!!

Sub: #27 posted on Sun, 10/11/2009 - 05:21

tsacgiv tsacgiv

Dearest shazzers discover card do not want to change payment due date in 30 of each month.
My husband called customer service and the employee from discover told my husband she cannot change the day for the begin of each month again.
I think is illegally to do it.every customer have a right to change the date of payment due.
Discover want to charge late fee payment to him every month.
My husband received only 690,00 for month because he is blind(ssecurity disability).

Sub: #28 posted on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 11:04

tsacgiv tsacgiv

Shazzers thank you for your email.

Sub: #29 posted on Tue, 10/27/2009 - 15:34

tsacgiv tsacgiv

Hi guys, I am in the same situation. I haven't been using this credit card and just noticed that they had me enrolled in the PPD for more almost a year now. The total ads up to more >$700. I never signed up for this plan. I will call tomorrow to cancel the plan. But did any of you manage to get back his/her money back?
Looking forward to hearing back from you all.
Thanks

Sub: #30 posted on Mon, 10/11/2010 - 18:52

Unregistered

Page loaded in 0.238 seconds.