Skip to main content
index page

Calvary collection agency - want to take debt validation from them?

Submitted by on Tue, 02/21/2006 - 18:48
Credits:
[Donate]

my name is michelle stewart and my question is I am trying to pay my sprint bill with debit, and the collection agency is calvary and I have no phone number for them I owe $197.00 I want to pay full amount. thank you

Hi michelle

Do not panic dealing with this collection agency. The agency can't make your life unbearable and they should notify you about the account in writing. If you chose not to work with them, send a letter to your original credit company and explain your concern. You will be able to make the arrangements with them and won't have to deal with the collectors further.

If the account has been sold to the collector, ask for a debt validation before you agree to pay them. This is a federal rule and the collection company must follow it. They should not make any contact with you before the details have been given to you.

Submitted by david on Wed, 02/22/2006 - 09:39

david

( Posts: 1229 | Credits: )

i have been letting calvery with hole 45.00 a month out of my checking account for a long time to pay off a debt but i never get anything from them stating how much is owed and i don't know how to contact them

Submitted by on Mon, 05/08/2006 - 13:38

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

i finally got in touch with cavalry, they were very rude and said that i still owed over 600.00 dollars the funny thing is the total amount was not even that high at the beginning and i have been paying on it for over a year and ahalf help olease

Submitted by on Mon, 05/08/2006 - 14:18

Hi sherry

Don't allow Calvery take further money from your account. You must request for an itemized statement now and know the actual standing. Your bank must be having their address details. If needed, close your checking account. The company will contact you after not receiving the funds. You can then negotiate with them further.

Submitted by john on Mon, 05/08/2006 - 14:22

john

( Posts: 1231 | Credits: )

I received a call from this company this morning. It was an automated call and they were looking for my brother in law but left a number to reach them at if this was not his phone/address. I called the number back and spoke to someone at 1-800-821-2507. Hope this is helpful to you.

Submitted by on Fri, 06/15/2007 - 09:45

I recieved a call from this company and they asked for my husband I asked them there name and she told me but i then had to ask her from what company and mind you my husband only has good car credit, never has had any other thing in his name no credit card, etc and I have never heard of this company before and when i told her that he was not in she hung up on me RUDE!!!!

Submitted by on Thu, 07/12/2007 - 10:10

I just want to thank you all for having a site like this. I too have been receiving phone calls from them and I did speak to someone. I told them that I will call them back. Now I'm going to go home and check my mail for what they supposedly sent to me. I found that the way they handled things were very unprofessional and I won't be giving them anything!!! AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SITE.

Submitted by on Wed, 07/18/2007 - 17:45

they have been calling me for the last two days asking for someone I have never heard of! I had to check the last number called (which cost me money) to find out the phone number and spoke to someone who said he would take my number off the list. What is with this place? What should I do if they call again? How did they get my number with the wrong name? I have no credit problems. Is this place legal or should I contact the police or the phone company?

Submitted by on Thu, 07/26/2007 - 16:33

I had a friend of mine who had to go through an awful ordeal when he was literally being hounded for a loan that he didn????????t owe. Its nothing but a sleazy way to squeeze some money out of people. Next time they call you up make clear to them that you do not owe any responsibility for the debt in question. Ask them the name and contact details of the original lender. Tell them that you want them to put everything in writing. And then simply hang up.

Submitted by Good Nelly on Fri, 07/27/2007 - 06:14

Good Nelly

( Posts: 2846 | Credits: )

I just authorized a post dated check for this company which I will cancel. Thank you for your help. This is ridiculous and unfair...

Submitted by on Thu, 08/09/2007 - 04:41

Well I just called my bank and they Calvary does have my account. However I spoke with them and was able to get all the information and found it was a true collection unfortunately. However I have control of the situation and am not letting them have control.

Submitted by on Fri, 06/13/2008 - 05:38

I have two old insurance accounts Calvary is trying to collect on. I have told them I would send in a payment once a month and not to call me anymore, that I requested everything in writing. However, they continue to call everyday. Any ideas on what other kind of letter I can do to get them to communicate with me in writing only?

Submitted by on Thu, 07/24/2008 - 07:10

I would contact the Attorney General and report them for harassment which this most likely falls under according to the fdcpa. High frequency of calls is one violation. Calling you after you request them not to is another violation. Also if you ask for everything in writing and they do not comply that is another violation of the FDCPA. They must validate the debt. Keep good records and record your calls. You may be able to sue, wipe out the debt, and collect damages. Everyone should know the FDCPA if they have any credit or collections issues.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/14/2008 - 15:25

I borrowed a loan from a company seven years ago. I had to let them reposses the car after I lost my job. Prior to that, the payments of $377.95 that I had been making had not even touched the principle (I made 7) because they decided to collect the intrest first. The original agreement was to pay half-and -half. Since they breeched, the loan became a "write-off". A couple of years ago calvary started bothering me, saying that they bought the debt and there was a matter of $3425 that was unpaid. Then they upped it 6mos later to over $10,000, stating that I owed intrest. I ignored them. Then last year, they contacted me for $14,787. After an arguement w/a rude guy on the phone, They sent me a bill fo $7,635. I changed my # and told my collegues at work to say I was no longer there. Now, last month, I got a bill for $10,983 with a 1/2 off offer if I pay that 1/2 immediately with my bank card. What kind of company is this anyway?

Submitted by on Sun, 02/01/2009 - 15:47

are they able to collect legally even if a person does have a balance? i live in Maine.

Submitted by on Thu, 02/19/2009 - 07:57

I woke up this morning to a garnishment being taken out of my checking account by Calvary. I have gone to court for my debt with this company and am dealing with an attorney. So imagine my suprise when I say $300.00 taken out of my checking account with no notice at all. I haven't talked to this company for over a year, due to the court process. Do they not have to notify a person if they are going to take money out of your personal checking account. Now I am afraid to put money into my account that they will take that out as well. Any suggestions?

Submitted by on Fri, 09/11/2009 - 07:36

This company supposedly has a bill from a car that repo'ed in 2007 and they threatened my mom with putting her in jail personally I never dealt with them but I have a suspect feeling about them. If it got repo'ed 3 years ago then they should have dealt with it then not in 2009 now she can afford the payments now I'm stuck with it since it was originally my car

Submitted by on Thu, 09/23/2010 - 05:36

:mad:Received a call taday about my ex DIL and her new husband, our # is unlisted, how did they make this connection?

Submitted by on Mon, 02/07/2011 - 17:20

Tell Calvary to fuckoff...I get crap from them in the mail regarding a cell phone bill from a phone I never owned (stolen identity)...i tell them to take me to court....I tell them how to do it....but because they hire low class hacks to make the calls for soup kitchen wages they dont know how to respond because...it's a shakedown...they will NEVER take you to court....seriously, tell them to fuckoff ...

Submitted by on Tue, 07/19/2011 - 22:53

they called my work on my day off and left a message though my HR director. They dont understand if they get me fired i dont have money to pay them. it is only a $78 verizon bill i paid $20 a while back but to verizon they said they own the debt now and that does not come off what i owe them. I dont trust them i want to have in writing how much i owe them. It is always a different amount. Then i would pay them in full with money order. :mad:

Submitted by on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 10:58

Everything is based on what state you live in.Different states make different regulations on how the collection is to be handled. As far as what is allowed and what is considered harassment. I would look everything up, and find out what your own personal rights are before you commit to anything.
If it was a old debt, NEVER admit to saying to had it in the first place. Once you admit to the debt, the statute of limitations starts over. Just get the basic company info, like who they say you owe money to, but don't say you ever had anything to do with that company. Then look up the collection agency and make sure they are even legit.
Its is also very easy to get a debt completely removed, if the agency breaks any laws. Make sure you are well informed of your rights. Its helps a lot for the companies that like to call 10 times a day.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/19/2012 - 08:25