Skip to main content
index page

716-650-6240 - whose number is this?

Submitted by imkimssister on Sun, 04/09/2006 - 20:12
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi, checked my answering machine tonight---remember I only use this phone line for internet and fax but have had it for years and years so all my bill collectors and collection agencies have it--I never answer. Have it set up to where the ringer is off and I never have to hear it. I have an answering service hooked up to it so I still do check my messages. I have another line that is private that family and friends have if I am needed. anyways, tonight I got a message that was left on it yesterday.
The number they left for my husband to call was
866-265-5287.

The guy sounded really rude and demanding. Just said for him to call and hung up. I called the number back and got an answering machine. It said it was 'cytell corporation'?? I know I didn't spell cytell right but am spelling it the way it sounded. Thats not who he said he was with on the message though--- I couldn't make out who he said he was with. It was two names and I couldn't grasp the first part but the second part was 'action'...something-action@866-254-5287
(on my caller ID the number was 650-6240-think thats a cell number).
thanks so much, shirley

okay--Bud Hibbs has quite a bit to say about these folks! they are also in with 'Sitel'. funny, they're claiming not to be in connection with sitel but when you call the number they give you to call, its the sitel answering machine. I have their fax number...about to send a cease and desist. the guy was rude on the phone and I have read quite enough tonight about them calling neighbors and relatives. so thats where the buck stops with me...nip it in the bud before the crap even starts. I dont even have an idea of what they're calling about but they will have to send me written validation on it before I will put much worry into it. I only have two big problems right now, and they're both being handled so anyone outside of that, is not a threat and can bite my butt. lol---sorry just getting tired of it! shirley

Submitted by imkimssister on Sun, 04/09/2006 - 20:43

imkimssister

( Posts: 1301 | Credits: )

Sitel is just a call center, I used to work for them. They have lots of offices that all do different things. Some do customer service, some do collections, etc. I worked for one that did Customer Service for GM. No collections involved. The one in San Antonio TX used to do AT&T customer service/collections. You can go to Sitel.com and look at their website. Sitel was a very disorganized company when I worked there...constantly lost computer data, management has no training..employees go through a 4 week training, then after that they are on their own. They are all trained to call themselves managers, and the real managers do not take phone calls, they are basically administrative only. So, these employees are basically left to fend for themselves and figure things out on their own. It was a horrible place to work. And you also cannot speak to the same representative twice, unless they call you. They leave an extention to seem professional, but you cannot be transferred to extentions. You just get someone new and hope your file has not been lost. When you call from your home phone, your file automatically pops up on the screen for the next person to take the call. I could go on and on...but I think you get the picture.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/12/2006 - 08:45

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Oh, and that guy that called you Shirley, made a mistake...we were trained to NEVER say we are calling from Sitel. We are supposed to be calling from the company we are respresenting...he can actually get in trouble for that..or he could at the one I worked at.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/12/2006 - 08:48

oh no, he said he was from national action. I called the number on the caller ID and the answering machine answered saying it was Sitel. The number he gave me to call back was for national action and also when I called it (the number he gave) it said it was national action. I faxed national action. I faxed them sunday night from a number I found on the internet and then faxed them again yesterday from the same number that I found on the statement that I received on monday.

Now, does anyone know if national action accepts debt consolidation payments on a payment plan?

Submitted by imkimssister on Thu, 04/13/2006 - 09:25

imkimssister

If you tell them that you are going to pay through consolidation company, they will definitely deny to accept payments. So it is your consolidation company that will get it done. I think you are in the consolidation process with some company for Oxford accounts right? You can ask them if they can work with National Action or not.

Submitted by curlycarl on Thu, 04/13/2006 - 14:29

curlycarl

( Posts: 616 | Credits: )

i am very upset by these people calling me.. They have calle my house many times and when I pick up are this man is extremetly rude and an ****. To put the icing on the cake-my 5 year old picked up the phone and he was an **** to her..That is when enough is enough--anyone who has an idea help me---i just contacted the bbb. thanks-help

[color=Red]****Adult term removed - Jason[/color]

Submitted by on Tue, 05/09/2006 - 12:19

I get several calls almost everyday on my cell phone from 716-650-6240. There is never a message, just a hang-up call. Very annoying!

Submitted by on Thu, 07/13/2006 - 10:49

Char, read from the top of this page. The number is for National Action Financial Service. Don't fall for their craps. Call them and ask the reason of their calls. If they don't have a genuine reason, the calls must end at your place and your name should be removed from their system. If this doesn't work, contact your phone company and block that number. You can also do a recording of the phone call after checking your state laws.

Submitted by GunsNroses on Thu, 07/13/2006 - 15:02

GunsNroses

( Posts: 485 | Credits: )

Shirley, & all: if this so-called company claims they are collecting on a debt... be smart! Do not admit you have a debt of any kind and have them send you something in writing so you can respond via Cert.Mail & ask that they VERIFY your debt.Now, this is very important that they do this; if they don't verify a debt - they have no right to it. many companies claim to "buy" your debt from Credit Card Companies - when in fact you send them some $$ and they turn out to have NO Affiliation w/your debt. - you just got suckered!!

Submitted by on Mon, 07/24/2006 - 08:57

I have NO idea why these people are calling me. I've always paid my debts and my credit report/score is excellent. Any ideas?

Submitted by on Fri, 07/28/2006 - 17:25

This is a SCAM, do NOT REPLY... they have been calling me three times a day for six months, yes it's annoying but it's a SCAM and they put the fear of god into you if you return the call, and I feel sorry for elderly people who may fall victim to these jerks, they are simply looking for personal info so they can break into your bank account,

DO NOT RESPOND, and I've called the phone company to report them and there is NOTHING I can do to keep them from calling me, and it's so upsetting to get so many messages on my machine from this angry guy's recorded message saying, "It is imperative that you call back today, or legal action will be taken as a result of your lack of response".. well he's been leaving the same message for six months... duh.. this is a scam, do NOT respond.... do not let your curiosity get the better of you, it's a prepaid card number, so they can escape any legal capture, stay away from the is number....

Submitted by on Tue, 08/08/2006 - 15:36

Shirley .. this guy has been calling my mother non stop for about 2 months and then somehow got my grandmothers number and will not stop.. I've already threatened with a law suit so if you figure something out please let me know

Submitted by on Thu, 08/10/2006 - 13:13

TAbby

Make some proof before filing legal case against the debt collector. Send a cease and desist letter to their mailing address. They will violate the law if they call after receiving your letter. This will give your legal case against them more intensity. Consult a lawyer dealing with lawsuits of fdcpa and FCRA violations. This article from the FTC will sound helpful

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-debt-collection-practices-act-text#805

Submitted by keystrokes on Thu, 08/10/2006 - 17:45

keystrokes

( Posts: 495 | Credits: )

I have a common name. These people called me to discuss a debt with Wells Fargo. I have never had any business with Wells Fargo and told them so. They wanted my Social Security number and I refused to give it to them, so they keep calling. Unbelievable.

I have reported them to Wells Fargo and now I willc ontact the Attorney Generals office in my state and their state.

Submitted by on Tue, 08/15/2006 - 09:37

the same # has been calling me forever and its never an actual person calling they leave atleast 5-10 messages a day and say hello, my name is mike stone,etc... very annoying, and im not going to run up a long distance bill if i dont know who or what its for, they never give any details

Submitted by on Wed, 08/16/2006 - 14:15

Yes, these people were calling me over a wells fargo account as well. Its the weirdest thing, but I had joined a debt consolidation group and gave them the information on national action, and they sent them out a proposal and payment. RIGHT OFF the bat---they sent the account back over to wells fargo and send my payment back to my debt consolidation group. I don't know why. since then, the account has went back to wells fargo and then passed on to yet another collection agency. we are in the 'disbute' stage now because they are saying I owe over $500 more than what wells fargo was just recently saying that I owed . so anyways, got away from national action. shirley

Submitted by imkimssister on Fri, 08/18/2006 - 21:27

imkimssister

These people are a bunch of unprofessional idiots. About 6 months ago voice mails started from these people at my home phone. They are so professional and powerful that they never identify who they are only their personal name. In the voice mail they say the persons name they are looking for and speak in a tone of a scolding parent. I have called them numerous times and dealt with a different person each time. The funny thing is the person who they are looking for has nothing to do with the phone number they are calling. I have explained this over and over. Today I called for one last time. The guy was rude and was pissed that I did not return his calls. He also challenged me on who and when I called. I told him its not my responsibility to keep track. Am I accountable to him??? What a jerk. If he received the calls I got he himself would not respond. After telling him I had no relation to the person they were calling he kept playing the game of oh maybe the person used to live there.....I have had my number 4 years and this person has nothing to do with me I told him. With an attitude he said it must be a recycled number. They offered no apology, no sense that I would be removed from their list and as my voice and tone changed he said complain to anyone you want have a nice day click....

Submitted by on Sat, 09/23/2006 - 08:25

You'll get some very good hits. They're scam artists and ugly. Everyone says so. Don't pay them a nickel and don't even respond to them. We just got called tonight, and after googling everything, am now prepared for a bunch. Best guess is they'll go away if you ignore them. See about blocking them as was suggested earlier. Good luck. Here's one of the sites I pulled some good info off of:

Link deleted as per forum rules - Mike

Submitted by on Thu, 10/12/2006 - 17:13

Took a little digging, but here's some info on NAFS . . .

NAFS
165 LAWRENCE BELL DR # 100
WILLIAMSVILLE, NY 14221-7896 UNITED STATES
TEL: 716-565-1020 FAX: 716-565-1035
ABI-NO: 952424505

COUNTY: 36029 ERIE

POPULATION: 250,000 - 499,999 EE

CARRIER-CODE: C055

PRI-SIC: 732201 collection agencies

LOC-SALES: 20,000,000 - 49,999,999 GG

LOC-EMPLOYEES: 450

PAR-EMPLOYEES: UNKNOWN

BUSINESS-ORG: FIRM

EXECUTIVES: JIM RICH, CEO
JIM RICH, VP FINANCE
JOANNE HOOVEN, VP HUMAN RESOURCES
JIM RICH, PURCHASING AGENT

By the way, don't let the folks at Sitel fool you . . . here's a summary of an official document they filed with the NY Secretary of State . . . Not what's listed under "Other Names". (BTW - the made the same filing in nine other states.)

NEW YORK DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Company Name: SITEL CUSTOMER CARE, INC.

Process Address: C/O C T CORPORATION SYSTEM
111 EIGHTH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10011

Business Address: THE CORPORATION
NAFS OF CANADA
335 ONTARIO ST
ST CATHARINES, ONT L2R5L3
CANADA

Type: FOREIGN BUSINESS

Status Comment: BIENNIAL STATEMENT

Standing: NOTE: GOOD STANDING STATUS CAN ONLY BE DETERMINED BY PERFORMING A SEARCH IN THE RECORDS OF BOTH THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE CORPORATION RECORDS AND THE DEPARTMENT OF TAX AND FRANCHISE.

Filing Date: 7/18/2005

Duration: PERPETUAL

County: NEW YORK

Date of Incorporation/Qualification: 5/12/2003

State or Country of Incorporation: ONTARIO

Foreign Incorporation Date: 3/26/2001

Registered Agent: C T CORPORATION SYSTEM

Registered Office: 111 EIGHTH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10011

Corporation Number: 2904986

Microfilm Number: 030512000095

Officers, Directors: ROGER E. CARNEY
3576 PARKWAY LANE
NORCROSS, GA 30092

History: Type: BIENNIAL STATEMENT (FOREIGN BUSINESS)
Effective Date: 5/1/2005
Microfilm Number: 050718002029

Type: APPLICATION AUTHORITY (FOREIGN BUSINESS)
Effective Date: 5/12/2003
Microfilm Number: 030512000095

Submitted by Marcia Brady's Lovechile on Thu, 10/12/2006 - 22:36

Marcia Brady's Lovechile

( Posts: 59 | Credits: )

These guys are scumbag bottom feeders hiding behind a BBB that does not care one bit about we consumers:

http: // search.buffalo.bbb.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&ComID=0041000046002285

Above is all the information you could possibly want about this predator. Note the number of complaints and their nature, yet they "attempt to resolve all complaints" according to the BBB! Since this site doesn't like links, you'll have to re-assemble the one above!

Submitted by on Fri, 01/12/2007 - 18:21

I just called the (866) 529-1899 number, and the guy on the other end was super nice. Apparently they had my phone number listed for someone else (with my same initials). I explained that I've had the number since '99 and didn't know who this person was. He said he would remove my number from their system to stop the annoying calls and even wished me a Happy Valentine's. So not all the experiences are bad.

Submitted by Diane H on Wed, 02/14/2007 - 15:51

Diane H

( Posts: | Credits: )

Have been receiving calls from 716-650-6240 sense May 2006....sometimes 10 per week. Always just a recorded message to "Make this call your first priority"...what a bunch of C***...I found out who these jerks are by Googleing the phone#. They will never get a response from me until I get a letter stating their purpose and what they want. Good luck
NAFS...just keep on calling....it's beginning to be fun ignoring you

Submitted by on Sun, 02/25/2007 - 11:04

You can either speak to them, find out if it is you they are calling for, and if not, send a cease and desist letter forbidding all contact.

If you don't want to speak to them, pull your credit report, and see if NAFS is on it.

If it is you, send a debt validation letter, and a separate letter stating you will only communicate via letter. Use return receipt mail.

Also, I believe that within 5 days of making contact, they are to send you a notice in the mail. Leaving a message on either voice mail or a machine does not constitute "contact," only speaking to you or your spouse (if you have one).

collection agencies utilize the phone in several ways:

-Live personnel going through a batch of accounts, dialing manually

-Live personnel going through a batch of accounts, the computer terminal they are seated at dials for them (auto-dialer)

-A computer auto-dialer that only leaves a message

-A computer auto-dialer that will transfer you to the queue of calls, where you may have to wait for the first available collector

Doing nothing means they will continue to call. You say it's fun now, but eventually, it is going to piss you off again.

Submitted by Morningstar on Sun, 02/25/2007 - 12:12

Morningstar

( Posts: 1633 | Credits: )

I am called daily by this number looking for someone else with the last name Guy. They are rude, threatening, and abusive to me. How can I get them to stop calling?

Submitted by on Thu, 05/10/2007 - 08:58

These jerks call me as well, I don't owe they any money,I sent the scumbag bottom feeders a letter telling them to stop the calls,now they are harassing,my inlaws who are in there late 80's.
Scum pure scum 716-565-1020 ,scum 716-565-1020

Submitted by on Wed, 11/07/2007 - 18:10

This company just started calling me a couple of weeks ago - an auto-dial message call that usually comes around the same time every day for a few days in a row. I have excellent credit and no debt so I don't know why they are calling me except to extract confidential information so they can hack into my bank account. I called them back once and whoever answered the phone did not identify it as a company name so that was an immediate red flag. When I voiced my suspicion, he was very rude so I just hung up. But the calls still come. I have registered a complaint with the Cal. AG office and the National Do Not Call List. :x

Submitted by on Tue, 04/01/2008 - 13:47

These jerks like to hang up on you when you get mad because they are jerks. I thought it to be a little fun to harass them after the way they treated me. Kept calling them, they dont like it when its the other way around. Think I may have some fun with that, if I got time to waste. They think its funny to harass people when you have nothing to do with them or who they are calling for. Lets see how they like it when the favor is returned!! They are a bunch of rude s.o.b 's!! Everyone of them!! Im sick of them calling and leaving rude messages, it does sound like a scolding parent! I dont understand how they can get away with this kind of unprofessional rude, childish behavior. Some one needs to put a giant foot up there u know what!! Knock them off their high horse!

Submitted by on Tue, 07/29/2008 - 20:10

I actually started at NAFS not long ago. In training, we are not taught to be rude or disrespectful. In fact, I find that nearly all of the folks who have never worked in collections before (myself included) are very polite, respectful, and professional. Frankly, it's the employees who have worked for other collection agencies previously who often tend towards disrespect or disdain in their approach to the people they call. We are taught to take your name off our list if you are not a relation to the debtor in question, and as soon as we get in touch with the actual person, we remove all other contact numbers from the database. I have been in collections before myself (meaning, I let an account slip more than 3 mos delinquent), and I understand how difficult it is to sometimes pay your debts. Many of the workers there understand that and try to keep it in mind. There will, however, always be people who are more aggressive and severe in this business. If only you could hear the way that some people address us when we call to discuss a delinquent account...F this, F that, you're an Fing...you get the idea. And that's only after we've told them what we're calling about. I can only say that I'm sorry if some of you have dealt with rude people. It seems that the world is run amok of them right now...
But I do assure you that we are trained to fully understand and abide by the laws of the FDCPA, and are expected to be persistent, but polite, respectful, and professional.

Next time someone calls and you are NOT the debtor in question, tell them that you are not who they are looking for, and you have never known the person. Inform them that you would like your number removed from the file. If they give you problems, ask them what you have to do to go about getting your name removed from the file, and they should (if they are doing their job) give you a clear answer.

My apologies to any and all who are having problems. I actually really like my job, and the people I am working with at NAFS. Not all of them, but most. And I feel like the job I am doing is appreciated in respect to the professionalism and kindness I relay in the way I speak to people. I hope it stays that way.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/30/2009 - 12:38