Skip to main content
index page

Fred Hanna and Associates 800-450-6575

Submitted by on Mon, 04/10/2006 - 19:15
Credits:
[Donate]

Someone named Fred Hanna called my father-in-law for either myself or my husband, he did not ask for either of us specifically I guess. He called from 800-450-6575. When my father-in-law called and gave us the message, we called the number but they were closed. Has anyone heard of these guys, or dealt with them. I looked them up and found some info on Budhibbs.com, and it says they usually work for LVNV/Resurgent. Anyways, just curious what I am facing. Not sure why they didn't just call us.

i have been dealing with a debt consolidation company for about 5 months now debt settlement america, they have been very helpful, but I am still nervous. Yesterday afternoon I found a summons from one debt company in my backdoor that they served to my neighbor. I am still waiting for my rep to get back to me, but in the mean time what does this mean? I have enough to pay more than half of it. So I am not that worried, but I have 3 other credit cards to go, one of them a very large amount. We are trying to save as much as we can each month, but there is hardly enough to buy groceries each week. When i got my first call from Fredrick hanna, they threatened me, with going to court, calling my supervisor at work, to take my possessions to pay, and my favorite, use my other credit cards to pay off this one. they repeatedly call me at work, after several requests not to as my employer does not allow personal calls. I have all intentions of paying back what i owe. I just cant do it all at once. Did i do the right thing using this company? thanks

Submitted by on Tue, 03/25/2008 - 03:56

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Edited by Shazzers
Reason: Inappropriate language.

Submitted by on Mon, 06/30/2008 - 17:21

These people, and I use the term loosely, have been harrassing a member of my family who ran up a credit card paying for college expenses. The refused to send anything in writing, refused to give an address to which sge could send payments, and threatened her with arrest if she did not immediately make payment arrangements. Since this "law firm" could not provide a mailing address, they insisted she provide her banking account information and agree to a monthly payment of $300. Imagine her surprise when they cleaned out her entire checking account in one fell swoop. Fortunately, she discovered this within 24 hours and her bank manager cancelled the transaction as "unauthorized". Since then, they have been calling her parents, insulting them and their daughter. These slimey creatures should be in jail. The Law Offices of Fred Hanna and Associates is nothing more than a group of thieves using any tactic, lie or illegal manuver to separate you from your money. If they contact you, tell them you are recording the conversation for evidence for your attorney and applicable state and federal agencies. You'll be amazed at how quickly they stop calling!

Submitted by on Mon, 09/29/2008 - 18:22

have had dealings with this firm also.
they are very rude, i also offered them an amount i could afford, and they wouldnt stop harrassing me until i gave in to the amount they wanted, and i still cant afford to pay it.
what do i do. they are NOT going away.

Submitted by on Thu, 03/05/2009 - 11:55

we entered into a debt consolidation law firm to help us all is going well but we just had another debt consolidation law firm call and threatened us with being sued and they we're very rude is this a ploy to get us to sign with them

Submitted by on Wed, 10/07/2009 - 14:36

I called them back b/c I felt "threatened" about it being a law firm. I had to call several numbers b/c the woman's voice was not understandable. (dialed several #'s) She was hateful, rude...wanted to know details about my situation. (how my family life was, relationship...etc). My husband owns the home and she could not believe that I didn't know how much he was paying per month. I have an idea, but not exact amount, I told her. She told me that she could not believe it because "what if something happened to him?"..."you need to know that". She said she didn't believe me b/c of that. She wanted to know what he made. I didn't know. We keep everything seperate and she said I was lying. I told her her questions were too personal and she hung up on me. I am filing ch. 7 w/i the next 2 wks. They can't sue me, can they?? BTW...I was 2 dys late on an "arrangement" with Bank of America. They wanted to draft my acct and I wouldn't let them, that's what led to this.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/13/2009 - 21:27

They have called me twice during my lunch hour, they were very rude to me as well. I tried to call the lady back that I spoke with, but it is amazing that she doesn't have voice mail or apparently the other people that work there do not give messages. They are aweful, hateful people.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/10/2010 - 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone named Fred Hanna called my father-in-law for either myself or my husband, he did not ask for either of us specifically I guess. He called from 800-450-6575. When my father-in-law called and gave us the message, we called the number but they were closed. Has anyone heard of these guys, or dealt with them. I looked them up and found some info on Budhibbs.com, and it says they usually work for LVNV/Resurgent. Anyways, just curious what I am facing. Not sure why they didn't just call us.

This is a very well known law firm, and you should be aware that they are attempting to collect a debt. Be afraid, be very afraid!!!!!!

Submitted by on Sat, 06/19/2010 - 11:20

VICTORY!!! I received a summons from this slimeball back in Nov. 2009. I sent my answer before the 30 days expired, denying any responsibility for that debt until I had proof. I had all my documentation and knew that they did not. I requested every receipt for every purchase ever made, every receipt for every payment ever made, an itemized list of every fee and all interest, plus how much THEY paid to acquire the debt.
I knew Cap 1 had charged it off over a year ago, and it had already been to two different collections agencies, so I KNEW Hanna was NOT representing Cap 1 as a client. No way did they have the documents I requested, so I was prepared. They replied to my answer with a form letter stating that if I would call them, perhaps “their client” would be willing to work out a suitable settlement offer. Suitable for whom? I called in response to their letter and asked if they were prepared to send me the documentation I requested. She answered that this was only magistrate court and they didn’t “do discovery”. I replied that I expected to see all documentation when I saw them in court.
I showed up to find that out of 20+ defendants they were ALL being sued by Hanna, ALL for credit card debt. Only seven defendants showed up, so the rest lost to this scumbag by default. Their attorney had cases in the adjoining courtroom, so the judge called for them to send in another case for him to hear while we waited, and encouraged all defendants to go outside and seek mediation. After the first case ended nearly three hours later, I was the ONLY defendant still in the courtroom. The judge asked me if I had gone to mediation, and I replied that I was NOT THERE for mediation, but to try my case.
He sent the deputy to find the plaintiff and took a short recess. Soon the deputy returned with a “partner”, so I took my manila folder and walked to the front to sit down at the table. The partner walked to the front, began hastily signing some papers and said “Your honor, we are voluntarily dismissing all charges against the defendant.” You could have knocked me over as I never even had to open my mouth. He handed me a copy of the dismissal, and said “Sorry you had to wait so long.”
I replied, “I guess three hours of my time was worth the $1400 you were trying to get out of me.” And I walked out. Downstairs I encountered another young man who had also been in the same courtroom, and he said he did not even go before the judge and had won his case. Evidently in mediation they signed dismissal papers, because he too had done his homework and had a file of paperwork and they knew it.
We both were jubilant, but felt sorry for all those other poor souls who agreed to sign on for many more months of payments, when all they had to do was look for information. I am out to freely help ALL who want information so we can put an end to this dismal business that preys upon the poorest of the poor. One day soon there will be justice.

Submitted by on Mon, 12/20/2010 - 22:56