Share post
member profile picture

I was contacted by a company claiming to be U.R.G. they will not tell me what their initals stand for and will not tell me where they are located. I cannot file a bbb complaint due to not knowing who they are their phone number is 888-556-3926 they give you a "case" number and stated all of my precious belongings and property is going t be levyed and theyy will take eveything I own they also called family and told them they were going to come by their home and serve me! I am a collection agent myself, third party and when they called me I was not asked for any verification of who I was, which is also required per the FDCPA. I want to find this company and I dont care even if I cannot I am getting an attorney and I am suing them, the attorney will find them :)

I RECIEVED A CALL TODAY FROM THIS COMPANY

THE CALL APPEARED AS PRIVATE CALLER, THE GUY ON THE PHONE SAID HE WAS FROM A COMPANY NAMED NATIONWIDE LITIGATION, AND THEY HAD LEGAL DOCUMENTS FOR ME, I WAS SCARED AT FIRST, SO I SAID I WAS OUT, NOT KNOWING THEY WERE TALKING TO ME, HE SAID THEY WANTED TO MAKE SURE I WAS HOME IN THE MORNING TO DELIVER LEGAL PAPERS, I TOOK DOWN HIS CALL BACK INFO AND A REFERENCE NUMBER

MY NIECE CALLED ME 30 MINUTES LATER SAYING THEY HAD CALLED HER, SAID THEY HAD LEGAL PAPERS TO GIVE ME, NOW WHERE ON EARTH DID

THEY GET HER NUMBER AMAZING. I CALLED THEM

LADY ANSWERED THE PHONE AS URG, SPOKE TO SOMEONE WHO SAID I HAVENT RESPONED TO MAIL THEY SENT ME, AND I AM BEING SUED, AND I WILL HAVE LEGAL FEES OF 4,000.00 PLUS WHAT I OWE. OR MAKE IT EASY AND PAY THEM 1,200.00. I TOLD HER I HAVE AN ATTORNEY I NEED TO SPEAK WITH

FIRST, SHE SOUNDED A BIT UPSET, THEN TOLD ME

I HAVE 72 HOURS TO MAKE IT RIGHT SHE COULD TAKE THE PAYMENT. IF I HAD THEY MONEY I WOULD HAVE PAID THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY. I DONT KNOW IF THEIR NAME IS NATIONWIDE LITIGATIONS OR URG. THE GUY ON THE PHONE CALL SAID NATIONWIDE LITIGATIONS, WHEN I CALLED THEY ANSWED URG WHAT'S THE DEAL AND WHY DID THE CALLER ID HAVE PRIVATE NUMBER

Sub: #21 posted on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 16:19

Unregistered

Please do not type in all caps...it is considered yelling and is rude.

Send them a cease and desist...they violated the FDCPA more ways than I can count.

Sub: #22 posted on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 17:20

SOAPLADY SOAPLADY
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 17319 | Credits: )

So, this URG "lawfirm" called my sister today and gave her my "court case #". Told her they wanted to make sure I was home tomorrow morning to serve me papers for court. (How the hell did they get my sisters cell?) I called them back and they had my first and maiden name, last four of my social security number and my address. The guy said, "So, this is you, huh?" I was like, "What is this for? Are you a debt collector or something?" He said, "Why did you mention debt? I never said anything about a debt. You are now being sued for $2,XXX for your Mastercard." Funny thing is I don't have a Mastercard, never have. He mocked me, "Never had a Mastercard...I don't need your lies!!! I'm not a debt collector, I don't want your DIRTY money!!!" Like, who the hell talks like this to someone asking a question??? So, I said, "OK, calm down. I'm confused"...he proceed to tell me "I'm going to garnish your Husband's wages, put a lien on your house and property-" I cut him off at that point with a bunch of my own vulgar language. That is ridiculous!!! I checked my credit report just now and I don't even have anything like that on my report!!!

Sub: #23 posted on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 20:39

Unregistered

These people are scammers!! They call my cell phone and leave the same message over and over again. A private investigator name Ms. Atwater? she states that she will be coming to my home or place of business to serve me court documents. These people from Urg claim they are in Georgia but when you google their name nothing pops up. I had to change my cell phone number because of the harassing calls.

Sub: #24 posted on Fri, 09/06/2013 - 14:20

Unregistered

you should report them to your state's AG and the FTC.

Sub: #25 posted on Mon, 09/09/2013 - 08:41

bingonut bingonut

(Posts: 1433 | Credits: )

The call was on 9/10/13 at 2:15.

Document everything. All calls and #'s and names.

Some from a blocked # called my cellphone they left a message saying that it was in my best intent to resolve this matter asap if not they were going to stop by my work place and serve me. Then they called my work of employment. This time they forgot to block their # 714-221-6250. They asked to speak to HR department. They were busy so they left a message with the recept. saying to call back with a case # and that it was best for me to call and handle it directly with the company. So I called them a few minutes later to the 888-997-1189. The recpt answered URG. and then transferred me with a man who was extremely RUDE.. I said I'm returning a call. they left a message. He said " well you're calling us. and stood quiet and I repeated myself. Then he asked for a case # which I gave him. He then began to explain what was going to happen if I didn't pay.. They were going to garnish my wages, repo my car and freeze my bank accounts! HA! I thought to myself. This has to be a joke.
Only a court of law can do this or the IRS!!..
Do not believe them. Of course I was initially scared but did not believe them!!..

So I kept asking him. So what is this legal act you are talking about?I was looking for the name of a Law or something so I could google it. He was like "WHAT?" really angry by now. I then said. Ok let me call you back since I was at work and I did not want to discuss this. He then said " what are you talking about"? i just hung up.
A few hours later I called back from my cellphone and asked the recpt "where am I calling" she said URG.. I asked "what does it stand for" she stood quiet for a few seconds and kinda stuttered . and said " well im only the recpt. Let me transfer you to the main office" so RED FLAG!!!!!! you work at a place and you don't know what the initals stand for. RIGHT!.. so then I was transferred to the same man who I had spoke to earlier. He right away asked for a case # I gave it to him. and jumped on me.. without let me ask him name. "Oh so you're calling back from two hours ago." i said "Yes I couldn't talk earlier but please explain to me now what this is all about" he then said very upset " I am not going to repeat myself" I told him I need more info and it's my right to know" and he mumbled something and hung up on me. This was another huge flag for me..
Since when does a company trying to collect money treat a person like this.. you want your money you try to work a deal with them.

So right I away i called back to the 888-997-1189 the phone would beep and nothing would happen. I called several times. Then I called the 714-221-6250 the same thing happened. The # was suppose to be from the "local carrier" who was suppose to come serve me.. why did the call sound the same? fishy!!!
ok I blocked my # and tried several times and got nothing..
I waited 1-2 hours and called back the 888-997-1189 and finally the phone rang and It said i had reached the offices of URG to leave a message so I did. I told them to call me back at my cellphone ONLY that its my right to privacy and if they did not honor that I was going to file a complaint. To please call me back and regards to this matter. I needed more information.
it's 8:35 am PST and I have no heard anything yet.

anything similar happen to anyone? by the sounds we've all had different scenarios but it sounds the same.. They want to scare you into paying. I will keep searching in to this. I will not be scammed!!! please be careful anyone. I will post if anything else happens.

Sub: #26 posted on Wed, 09/11/2013 - 10:29

Unregistered

They called my house today and told my mom that they're gonna serve me with a summons either at home or at work. They wanted to know if I'd be home from 9-4 so they could serve me. When I called back to find out who URG was they wouldn't tell me and said if you have this # then you must have a case here. They refused to tell me what or who they were and what I was being "summoned" for. Ridiculous but it scared my mom and that makes me ANGRY!!!

Sub: #27 posted on Wed, 09/11/2013 - 16:17

Unregistered

Hi have contacted an attorney and this practice is illegal. I am not the person they are looking for and they have been harrassing me for months. I have a lawsuit for their asses.

Sub: #28 posted on Wed, 09/11/2013 - 17:17

Unregistered

do these leeches even listen to themselves.not only do process servers not call in advance.they don't arrange a time either.i would have your mom file a police report as that call broke the law.then ignore future calls after that.

Sub: #29 posted on Thu, 09/12/2013 - 06:51

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I called 888-997-1189 same number you did for the same reason of leaving a voicemail on my phone.. They told me that a letter was sent to my house notifying me of an outstanding debt and that since I didn't reply back to that letter they took legal action to sue me for over $4,000.. There's supposedly a subpoena out for me and I have to pay by the 16th.. Or else my car will be repoed and my bank account frozen.. I had the same woman on the phone along with the same man you mentioned.. I have never encountered something like this.. I have a lawyer friend of mine following up on this for me as we speak figuring out if it's actually a legitimate claim or if they're just strong arming in to paying them..

Sub: #30 posted on Thu, 09/12/2013 - 09:58

Unregistered

Page loaded in 0.526 seconds.