Skip to main content
index page

Enhanced Recovery System: Has anyone dealt with this CA?

Submitted by Johgreen30 on Thu, 09/14/2006 - 19:17
Credits:
[Donate]

Has anyone dealt with these guys? They're always very rude, and have continually called me at work ove and over despite the fact that I have told them they are NOT to call me at work. We finally started telling them i wasn't there and they have stopped so far. The man i spoke with at ERC was always very rude to me and belittled me.
Just curious if they're doing this to others also.

I called a few of the top peole in that listing and actually got the right person's voice mail, unfortunately, that is all I got. You might consider going down the lis and keep calling or maybe quit trying to bs everyone.

Submitted by on Wed, 02/16/2011 - 19:57

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I have run a small motel since June 2009 and despite telling them four times that I have never heard of the person they are trying to find I still get two or three calls daily! They are not interested in finding the person responsible for a debt, just in getting someone to pay them.

The idiot I spoke to about a week ago tried to insist that if the person was once resident at the motel then the motel was responsible and I had to pay them immediately. Now does that sound like a responsible collection agency to you?

Despite the obvious collection company reply above (Look at it from the other side) it seems that 99.9% of people taking the time to reply here are having the same problem as me, so I would discount that reply and trust those who are obviously being harassed by these unethical and possibly even illegal tactics.

Submitted by on Thu, 02/24/2011 - 16:02

i just would like to say. we as ppl all fall short some how. but dont use others for your gain by adding high azzz interest rate to an individual. due unto others as you want done to you. he's driving a bentley but when ppl call his house he ducking and doding jus like all of us. but we get the high interest rate. so we all need to clean up out own back yards. but dont hinder the weak cuz one day they might be stronger than you. and that same mercy you beg for you might not recieve it due to your lack of judgement and heart or you jus plain stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 03/08/2011 - 08:41

Wow, what a bunch of jacka$$es. I get that if you don't have money you obviously can't pay it back to somebody and your daughter should come first, above everyone/all else. But check out sub14, "obvisouly alot of you people do not know how collections work. There are alot of people out..." Give them a break, they are just doing thier jobs. If they are rude, just hang up, if you owe money, pay it, if it's the wrong number just tell them and be patient, taking your name off of one list only fixes that one list. As for the company itself, quit whining and file a comlaint with the BBB. While you're at it, read what they have to say about ERC, apparently the biggest compliaints come from those who legitimately are trying to skip out on thier debts...

Submitted by on Wed, 03/16/2011 - 14:28

I got a call from ERC about a debt I don't owe; all my bills are paid on time and I'm not past due on anything...AND my credit score is excellent.

ERC is primarily an identify theft "firm" operated by con artists who like any con will eventually find someone ignorant enough to give them money or enough personal information to use in another con. My advice: don't verify ANYTHING to ERC, not your name, SS#, address. Nothing. They will use whatever info you give them to contact you again and again.

At least once a year everyone is entitled to a FREE credit report DIRECTLY from the major credit reporting agencies, so I suggest you check your credit report if you suspect you have a bad debt, and if you do have bad debt, contact the business you owe money to and ask then how they handle collections, and ask them what agencies they use to collect the debt.

Any information ERC obtains from you will either be used again by them or sold to someone else.

Warning: People on this site who claim to have had good experience with ERC are probably ERC employees.

Submitted by on Tue, 03/29/2011 - 11:07

These people have my number and call at least twice a day for two differant people. I have a account with them of course. I called to try and settle but the guy I spoke to was so angry that we didnt get anywhere. I don't think they're even intrested in getting the money for their clients. They're just riding the clock.

Submitted by on Mon, 05/02/2011 - 06:36

I've tryed to pay these peple! They wont send anything in the mail because I'm not giving any info over the phone. They just call everyday. But guess what? NOT FOR ME! Why won't they just send me a bill in the mail like normal bill collectors? I think these people either work from home smoking weed all day or they're working from a retard center. lol
I told them I was at work and he called me a lying couch potatoe. How funny is that. Some of them just wasn't raised right.

Submitted by on Mon, 05/02/2011 - 06:59

I'm sorry that you are going through this ma'am. I used to be a debt collector till a few months ago and decided to stop working and be a stay home mom. There are good and bad collectors out there. In every job there are good and bad employees. With all the debt that you have, you should start settling them. Do not, Do not go through a consumer counceling agency...All you do is stop the calls and raise your debt amount. You are pretty much paying another company to pay your bills. I have delt with a lot of people who were dealing with these agencies and they got ripped off..they thought the agencies had paid off their bills but instead, they were paying the company bills. Call the collection agencies or the banks/creditors yourself and try to settle accounts. With the economy that is now, you should be able to settle accounts at 10%-40%...If you do not like to talk to these agencies, write them a letter with an offer but make sure to include your phone number or email address where they can reach you with a response. They can't send you a letter stating OK we except that. If you have them on the phone and you do not come up to a conclusion and don't want to talk to them anymore, then let them know to Not call you anymore!!!..Good luck!

Submitted by on Fri, 05/13/2011 - 22:37

this was for comment #16 page 1

Submitted by on Fri, 05/13/2011 - 22:44

Quote:

obvisouly alot of you people do not know how collections work. There are alot of people out there that do not pay bills or don't even realize they have bills that where not paid and sometimes even fraud accounts sometime you need to calm down and listen to what the people are saying and find out if you owe this money and try to make arrangments. I do collections but not for this company and when u have people cursing you all day for calling because they did not pay there bill then you are not having a pleasent day either and maybe if people that owe the money that spent it in the first place would work with people to pay it back then the economey would not be in the shape it is in. When you barrow money expect to pay it back at some point or dont barrow. And when they are calling you but you are saying it's the wrong # do you know how many times we have the right number and hear that try to look at it from the other side we are trying to do our job and pay our bills also. I do not agree that someone should be rude to anyone I have a very customer service way of collecting and that's how it should be. But people on the other end of the conversation need to understand that they also barrowed money and need to pay it back would you like to loan a bunch of people money and them not pay you back how would you handle it I bet you would be trying to contact them as much as possible and get your money back to

That's all well and good if you're talking about dealing with a reputable company that follows the law in collecting debt. They problem is, so many of these companies DO NOT follow the law, and they make a practice of harassing, threatening and demeaning people. And when they do that, why would anyone want to pay them? Don't they realize that it is possible to collect on debts without operating in this manner?
I myself am a Paralegal and work in a law firm that does a lot of collection work. We follow the law in collecting debts, and NEVER treat the debtor with disrespect or contempt, as so many "Collection Agencies" do. We send them, in writing, a letter stating who their debt is with, the amount and give our firm's name, address and phone number so that they can contact US. And when they call us, we discuss the matter with them calmly. If they want to make payments arrangements, we will discuss that and as long as the client is okay with the amount, we will accept it. If they want to settle, we will discuss settlement. If they are having a hard time and can't make their payments for a month, and if they call us and advise us of this, we'll let them skip a month. And you know what? We collect a lot of money this way. We have a lot of people who faithfully make their payments every month to us, and they thank us for being willing to work with them in getting their debt paid off.
I guarantee that Collection agencies would be able to collect on a lot more debt if they would make it a practice to comply with the law, and to treat people with respect and courtesy.

Submitted by on Thu, 05/19/2011 - 07:25

This list will come in handy.. In fact: more and more of these lists are going to be had. When you combine names, fake or not, with addresses of businesses and owners, you are eventually going to see the names of these people along with their families who are running and hiding. Vigilante groups are beginning to form and because of these womb rejects, they will be dealt with HARSHLY... They harass, manipulate, threaten, lie, cheat, and steal. One fact that seems to be and ALWAYS overlooked, is that these aids carrying rejects are NOT LEGALLY ENTITLED to get or STEAL money from anyone. They are as commonly called "bottom feeders" whose only purpose in life is to do what they never had the ability to do and that is to feel as though they have a purpose. To the OWNERS of these trashcan rackets, heed these words:

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU AND ALL OF YOUR LITTLE DROOPINGS AS WELL... PS FAMILY AND CHILDREN ARE FAIR GAME.. The US GOV. doesn't do anything.... WE WILL.... THATS A PROMISE!!!!!!!!
Take that to your bank......

Submitted by on Mon, 06/27/2011 - 11:19

The first dealings I had with a debt collector was after my divorce. My divorce decree stated my ex-wife had to pay her portions of the debt, which she did not do. I found out the contract overrode a decree, so they came after me. I settled on a payment for $1400 dollars. 2 years later while trying to purchase a house the debt was on my credit report. The company I had paid was no longer in business, the debt was showing as a charge off from the original company with the full amount of $2600 dollars.

For those of you who are new to past due debt, only settle with the company you owe money to. The debt collectors buy the debt from someone for a couple of pennies on the dollar. Then they have all your info, and send their high school drop out rejects to try to suck your life blood. If you pay them, you won't improve your credit. They took the risk buying the debt. DO NOT PAY THEM ONE PENNY. If you are in debt, look into banckruptcy. Once you have hired an attorney, you can tell them you have retained an lawyer, give them the number and never hear from them again. If they do harrass you anymore, your lawyer will sue them. And what lawyer doesn't want to sue.

Once the original debtor has charged off the debt, you are finished with them. It will stay on your credit report, unless you look into someone like lexington law to repair your credit, they review your credit and then send letters, the law states anyone reporting anything on your credit report has a time period in which to respond. If they don't, the credit reporting agencies will remove the negative information.

I am in the car repair industry, so I am not promoting anyone. I just received a call from ERC. I didn't answer and I never will, they can call 20 times a day. I look at it like this, if they want to pay someone to sit on the phone all day and try to collect, and he doesn't make any head way with anyone all day, then they paid someone all day for no production. Keep ignoring their calls and eventually they won't have any income, then they will go out of business. If you don't have a contract with them, than screw them.

Submitted by on Mon, 07/18/2011 - 10:19

ERC does not honor settlement payments. I sent them a check as settlement with PIF on the letter and the check. I wrote a letter telling them I wouldn't pay any more. I am still getting calls and letters. I have a watch on my bank account expecting them to take what they want. I know it's not legal but they don't care about the law. These people make threats, talk to you like you're trash and call at all kinds of horrible hours. I think 7AM is a little off as is 10:15 PM.

Submitted by holjani on Fri, 10/14/2011 - 09:01

holjani

( Posts: | Credits: )

Take note this collection agency attempts to collect old debts that have passed the date they can legally be collected.

Submitted by on Thu, 05/24/2012 - 10:06

send a letter to the state attorney general's office claiming harrassment. Provide the name of the company, their address & phone and the name of the idiot who called.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 10:18

They are calling a household that has not had that person living here for 15 years or never lived here, or was never heard of before that day. These are debts that have been out aged but resold to unsuspecting collection agencies. Repeated attempts requesting they cease and desist have gone unanswered. And what's this crap on the message "if you are not so and so then delete this message" but they keep calling. How stupid is that? Programmers call it an infinite loop. You do what they say but they keep calling.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 10:26

So you are saying that when they call and tell me I owe them money I should be polite? How about after I politely ask them to mail me relevent paperwork to prove that this debt they tell me that they can't but that they demand that I set up a payment plan? How about after they tell me that if I were more responsible I wouldn't be receiving this call? How about after I verify that the debt is incorrect and they still call me at 8am? How about after i answer the call and inform them that they are illegally contacting me? How about after they continue to call after mailing a cease and desist letter?

At what point am I allowed to not be polite?

You're right, people who borrow money should pay it back just like the banks... I mean, just like the auto industry... well, this is awkward.

Submitted by on Fri, 06/29/2012 - 10:15

Your point is valid, however, I do not owe anyone anything and yet I am being called several times a day because this company cannot locate whomever owes the money. I do not owe the money, I do not know the person and I do not want the calls....how hard can that be to grasp. My next step is send the cease calling letter and will take it to court if I have to just to make a point that this type of harassment is uncalled for.:mad:

Submitted by on Thu, 07/05/2012 - 13:59

I just added this Business to the BBB list. I filed a complaint. just go to the BBB website and type in the full company name. Everyone who has had a problem with them needs to do this. Otherwise there won't be much of an investigation. Thank you.
Call Type: Debt Collector

Submitted by on Thu, 07/26/2012 - 16:52

Thanks for all your posts-I was terrified when they threatened to garnish my wages-I do not have a dollar to spare-but then I found out that after the statute of limitations is up (it differs for each state) they can't garnish anything-I think its 7 years in most states.

But, don't start a new contract (otherwise known as a payment plan). I did that on one account and after paying for 2 years, all I got was a letter saying I paid it-it didn't come off the credit report.

I was only 38 days late on my car payment and without any call or warning my car was re-possessed-I woke up one morning and the car was gone. I had to go to a scary part of Jersey City to clean out the car-even though it was almost paid off-then they sent me a bill for the remainder of the payments even though I couldn't get the car back-well I refused to pay for it. I now use cash-barter-do not take out any loans-bought a nice used car for 2000 and its lasted 4 years.

Submitted by on Mon, 08/20/2012 - 11:29

1) Learn how to spell. 2) If YOU accept a job to collect money, you should KNOW people aren't going to like you. It's YOUR JOB to call people. It's NOT MY JOB to be nice to you. You ARE required by Federal Law and general business sense to not be threatening, yell or use cuss words, regardless if those you call do or not. You don't like getting cussed at 'all day', find another job. and 3) I don't know how you collect or what practice the companies you've worked for use, but I get threatened, harassed, have people pretend they are in an authority position and can have me sued, arrested or worse. Of course with these experiences, I'm going to be defensive. My paying or not paying disputed bills, which have long ago been written off by the original creditor and then bought for pennies on the dollar by unscrupulous Credit Collection Agencies solely to make a quick buck does not burden the economy. Have a little knowledge PLEASE, you embarrass yourself spouting off about things you don't know :p

Submitted by on Thu, 08/23/2012 - 10:32

Companies that they operated in Florida

Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC
Title MGRM
Title MGR
MOQUIN, KIRK R
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256 US

CLEARCOMM, LLC
Title MGRM
THOMPSON, MARK A
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32225-6 US

Title MGR
MOQUIN, KIRK R
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256 US

ENHANCED TECHNOLOGIES, LLC
Title MGR
THOMPSON, MARK A
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

Title MGR
MOQUIN, KIRK R
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

MOQUIN, KIRK R
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256
???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*???*_____________________________________
SUNCORP, LLC
Title MGR
MOQUIN, KIRK R
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

Title MGR
THOMPSON, MARK A
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL

Title MGR
MOQUIN, KIRK
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL

8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

Title SD
MOQUIN, KIRK
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

SCHANCK, JOHN
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256
MOQUIN, KIRK R
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

Title MGR
THOMPSON, MARK A
8014 BAYBERRY ROAD
JACKSONVILLE FL 32256

Submitted by on Fri, 10/26/2012 - 16:02

After accepting the settlement offer I gave them my credit card number to pay off my acct. This was on a Friday. On Monday, I see they charged me more then I agreed on. so on Tuesday, I called them and they are sending me a check for the difference. The people were nice but this shouldn't have happened. Maybe their way of getting more money and they figure nobody will call and demand the difference? who knows.. but right now, I need every penny... so be cautious and look at your bank records to make sure you are charged the correct amount.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/20/2012 - 11:29