Skip to main content
index page

Answers to your questions

Submitted by Vikas on Wed, 08/20/2008 - 17:31
Credits:
[Donate]

There have been many questions made in the forum by some one posting as JinSanJose and other aliases. I will be replying to those questions here in the hope that JinSanJose will get his questions answered and become a valuable member of the community in the years to come.
1. I have had no ownership interest in Oak View Law Group in the past or the present.
2. Many times JinSanJose has mentioned that his postings will be deleted but I assure him that none of his posting will ever get deleted by me. This forum is a open forum and will remain a open non censored forum.
3. JinSanJose has postulated that this is a fake forum. I request one of the moderators in the forum to volunteer to be an auditor. I will make the IP address of the all postings in the forum visible to that auditor. So that this representative moderator can confirm the audacity of JinSanJose claim that this is a fake forum.
4. There have been questions that I have hired content writers and forum moderators in India to create all this content. I have hired programmers in India and also content writers to create the articles pages. Debtcc website has very clear distinction between articles and forums. Articles are written by people who are on the payroll of debtcc. But the debtcc site has less then 200 articles the value of the debtcc site comes from the open forums and no one has ever been hired to post with fake identity in the forum.
5. There have been questions that I have used different identities. Moderators in the forum know for the last 4 years my real name my cell phone number and even my home address. On this forum I use the screen name of "Vikas" to safeguard myself from internet trolls. If any one of the moderators in the forums wants to know my real identity please post under this thread and I will PM you my cell phone number and we can talk on the phone.
6. I know who "JinSanJose" is in real life. I had met him briefly in January of 2007 at a Starbucks in San Jose along with a common friend. At that time I was trying to understand the legalities involved in starting a law firm. In my meeting with JinSanJose and other attorneys it became clear to me that only a lawyer could own a law firm. So I gave up on the idea to start a law firm to serve the debtcc community better and instead enrolled myself in a law school. After enrolling myself in law school I had requested OVLG for job as a para legal but I could not meet their hourly requirements and hence could not continue with the para legal job.
7. There is no bigger testament to the work I do then the fact that over the last 5 years debtcc has had 0 BBB complaints.

I apologize to JinSanJose if I came across as rude to him in our short meeting. Being a software programmer and a geek at heart social interactions have never been been my strength.

I see that JinSanJose has also helped many people in the forum and being an attorney he can be a very valuable member of this community. I welcome him to keep helping people in the community and it will be very much appreciated by all of us here. There has been times that great relationships have been formed initially that started with skepticism (take for e.g polly and her contribution to the forum) I am praying to God that JinSanJose and all of us in the community will look back in a couple of years with a sense of satisfaction that we were able to clear up the doubts and create a uncensored community which is bigger then any of us individually.

If any one has more concerns or suggestions please post under this topic.

I am pretty new to these boards, and do not post very much. I do however read the PDL posts each day. I would be very interested in learning the truth here. Goudah makes very valid and interesting points, and also very correct points. I work two jobs(some of you do not respect my night time job) but I am also by day a paralegal. I commend Goudah for the strength, honesty and wisdom she brought to this topic. She and others have a right to know who they are helping and who they are supporting by doing this. Thank you Goudah for trying to right what could be a terrible wrong.

Submitted by jenoliver33 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 08:46

jenoliver33

( Posts: 56 | Credits: )

Vikad (VK) I just found this. I thought you did not work for oakview. Here you clearly state that you do. What gives?????

[samebox:03b495f43f="Vikas"]I have posted elsewhere that I evaluated the possibility of working with OVLG. During this evaluation phase I worked with them for a small period of time. During this time I wrote those blog posts that they decided to keep.[/samebox:03b495f43f]

????

Get the law to work for you.
July 10th, 2007
I am a JD Candidate and also work for Oak View Law Group. I am going to start writing a bi-weekly blog post with tips on how to make the law work for you.

Big corporations have tons of lawyers on their payroll and get the best legal advice. I thought it was time I contributed my part in trying to level the playing field.

So watch out for tips filled under the category of ???????Get the law to work for you???????

I look forward to interacting with the readers of this blog. So please leave me comments.

Vik

Submitted by jenoliver33 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 09:45

jenoliver33

I am stating an opinion: I can understand wanting answers some of the questions raised. I can also fully understand wanting to be sure that we are not somehow supporting some kind of scam. However, in light of searching for truth, it can be done so in an honorable fashion. When someone starts smearing someone elses personal information all over the place, as well as the tone, as was mentioned before, it appears as bullying. Now, as an outsider looking in, some of the posts from this Jin appear quite intelligent and educated and some seem childish and look like nothing more than attempts to provoke.

Just keep this in mind everyone:
Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing!

I do agree also with the statement, if you have the audacity to bring something like this out, and you have proof to back it up and have no doubts that you are right, why hide who you are? Especially if you are so inclined to post someone else true identity.

Just my thoughts. And you all know what they say about opinions. We all have one.. and no one wants to hear it.

Personally, I'm very greatful for the information I've gathered from this site. It saved me from a mental breakdown, and helped me keep food in my son's mouth.

Thank you for the hard work, and I hope that everything works out as it should to the benifit of everyone involved.
Jen

Submitted by jennifer_bailey75 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 10:38

jennifer_bailey75

( Posts: 154 | Credits: )

I agree Mobile. My curiosity is peaked, so I did some searching on the forum. I see a lot of nasty insulting posts by JinSanJose. I'm curious as to why someone who claims to seek the truth would make statements such as this:

Quote:

Boy, it sure is quiet in here. When I looked a few minutes ago, Shazzer was the only registered user online.

Is today a Hindu holiday?

This seems to me like a provocation, trying to draw out and arguement. Kind of like the kid on the playground throwing calling another kid "four-eyes" or saying "Your mamma's fat!"

I am confident the truth will come out no matter what it is. As I stated above.. those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

Jen

Submitted by jennifer_bailey75 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 11:08

jennifer_bailey75

I dont think that if oakview has a good or bad rating with the bbb is the issue here.The issue as I see it , is if Vikas has an affiliation with them.

[samebox:76b4db01d2="OVLG"]OVLG advertises on debtcc that is as far as the affiliation goes. The share holders and attorneys of the professional corporation OVLG are listed at https://www.oakviewlaw.com/attorneys/index.html[/samebox:76b4db01d2]

Submitted by on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 11:13

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Easy Tiger, that's what I'm talking about.. The context was provocative, I'm an intelligent woman, I can tell when someone says something to try to antagonize others. You must also take it into account with the other posts on the same thread.

It seems this person has a knack for twisting other people's words and making them seem like something they are not. I've seen this sort of thing before. I call them internet bullies. They like to manipulate people.

I've seen a lot of interesting posts on this subject matter now. And I think I have another opinion. If there is really a problem, stop spouting off here and do something about it. Then when it's all said and done, post your results. Posting a hunch, conspiracy theory, asumption, insinuation, accusation, ect here, amounts to only stirring the pot and getting people riled up.

Jen

Submitted by jennifer_bailey75 on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 11:25

jennifer_bailey75

Quote:

Where is Vikas?Why is he not commenting
I'm quite certain Vikas will comment when he deems it appropriate.
Quote:

What part of that post was insulting? If referring to a Hindu holiday applies in this case of reference (which it most certainly does) , then there is no provokation. Whats wrong with Hindu holidays?

No one made ANY suggestion there was ANYthing wrong with Hindu holidays. Let's all play nice here folks, there's no reason to insinuate anything. If you have an opinion, that's fine, but do not make assumptions which aren't there please. Thank you.

Submitted by Shazzers on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 11:28

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

I think what Jin was referring to is that some of the guests on here may not be real people, or maybe not people with real problems. That perhaps there were some people posting on here that were paid to do so. If that were true it would explain some of the people posting on here with such horrible grammar if English was not their native language.

This is just a stab in the dark at what I think someone is getting at, beyond that I'm not sure. I'll just hang in there and play it by ear.

Submitted by JCEMT on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 19:44

JCEMT

( Posts: 2934 | Credits: )

I am making this quick post since I have been silent for 12 hours and that is also being questioned.

Quote:

...or when it is time zone appropriate.

Guest I just came from the library i was preparing for a exam and I read your comment about time zone appropriateness.

I will not try to come to a conclusion on what you are trying to insinuate but I am on the west coast and my inability to reply to this post is becuase I have classes starting on September 3rd for which I need to take care of some things.

Quote:
That perhaps there were some people posting on here that were paid to do so.

No one has ever been paid to post on DebtCC. JCEMT I can only do so much to proclaim my innocence. It really is up to you to believe it or not.

I will try to reply to the rest of the questions some time over the week end or after my classes start and I have some more time to go over all this. Meanwhile I am also strongly thinking of moving all these threads to the moderator only forum. Since a lot has been insinuated against me in these threads. I like running these forums and I have always run them with the utmost respect for 1. privacy 2. non censorship. It hurts me to see that my privacy is not being respected. I have to post non anonymously but others are free to come and post insinuations anonymously. It does not seem like a fair playing field. I do not understand why I should subject myself and my family to this.

I was going through the database of the posts and it pains me to see that even some old members are posting with their ids and then posting as guests in support of their views. I am sure we can all rise above all this.

Also I will be replying to the rest of the questions as an edit to this post once I get time. So please hold on posting below this post till I am done replying.

Best Wishes for the long week end ahead.

Submitted by Vikas on Fri, 08/29/2008 - 20:22

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

Quote:

If that were true it would explain some of the people posting on here with such horrible grammar if English was not their native language.

This is just a stab in the dark at what I think someone is getting at, beyond that I'm not sure. I'll just hang in there and play it by ear.
<<< Please note that I included the "This is just a stab in the dark..." portion of this post. :)

I see what you're getting at. But I also take into consideration that some people are frusterated, angry, frightened, and depressed. Some are also maybe not so well educated. I know people from all over the world, some know English very well, some not so much. Usually, for someone whom English is not their native language, the errors are consistant. They will mispell the same word over and over, and it's usually common words. For example, my friend in Spain who spells home "hoem". Just my opinion.. I almost feel I must post a disclaimer stating that the only reason I posted this is because I feel that sometimes we can see a point that we may not have before if someone brings it out for us.

I haven't been here very long, but I'm very greatful for the help I've received here. So I am probably not entitled to give my opinion, but being who I am.. I do anyway.

As I said before... I sincerely hope all works out as it should!
Jen

Submitted by jennifer_bailey75 on Sat, 08/30/2008 - 04:40

jennifer_bailey75

Hi all,

I'm not sure where all of the animosity I'm sensing comes from and I'm taking no position on the debate.

I'm an old fart ... been around for a while. I have seen forums come and forums go and the one consistent thing I have observed is that unchecked egos, no matter what the provocation, will almost always wreck a forum. People take sides, dig their heels in and because there are no facial cues or feedback to moderate responses, almost invariably seize on the worst interpretations and thereby reinforce their mindset. What tends to happen is that opinion becomes polarized, ending up in two diametrically opposed viewpoints which can only really exist in separate forums ... resulting in collapse or splintering into two or more separate forums.

I would hate to see that happen here, given the potential for good that this forum has.

Here is something for the posters in here to think about - the unscrupulous debt collectors and service providers, who stand to lose most from the advice given out in this forum, must be salivating and rubbing their hands with glee when they feel the animosity generated in this thread. Given how much money they make off of uninformed, panicked individuals, I can promise you that those folks in charge of their operations follow this forum faithfully.

So lighten up folks, always remember that the advice given out is free and is yours to follow or ignore as you choose and remember to be as passionate in finding other forums to follow.

No single forum has all of the 'truth'.

Submitted by on Sat, 08/30/2008 - 05:52

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I'm not insinuating anything Vikas, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around what Jin and the "guests" are posting. Rather than vague accusations that don't hint at anything in particular that was my interpretation of what they were trying to say. I realize that people come here with real problems and the only ones that are paid to post are (possibly) some of the trolls and forum members via Debt CC points.

Submitted by JCEMT on Sat, 08/30/2008 - 06:03

JCEMT

( Posts: 2934 | Credits: )

Meanwhile I am also strongly thinking of moving all these threads to the moderator only forum

Deny, why move to a mod only forum?
Aren't all members here entitled to know what is going on, and learn the truth. I see that as a cop out,especially as most of the mods have not even been a part oif this discussion.

Sorry, i donyt know how to put things in quotes

[samebox:46911d381a="Vikas"]We have shifted this thread from Moderators-only" forum to "Members-only" forum so that it is visible to every community member. I did shift this thread to the Mod-only forum because some baseless insinuations were done against us on an unilateral basis. We have included the Same box response to these insinuating posts where we have tried to give our site's response to these insinuations. From now on, any insinuating thread will be shifted to Member's-only forum instead of Moderator's-only forum for more transparency.[/samebox:46911d381a]

Submitted by jenoliver33 on Sat, 08/30/2008 - 06:20

jenoliver33

Quote:

Deny, why move to a mod only forum?
Aren't all members here entitled to know what is going on, and learn the truth. I see that as a cop out,especially as most of the mods have not even been a part oif this discussion.

I can see that so far Vikas request has not been considered when he asked that no one post after his last entry, therefore I am locking this thread until further instructions from Vikas. If any of the other Moderators or Admins begs to differ with me about my decision to do so, then you may take it upon yourself to unlock this thread, however, I feel we should respect his wishes.

As far as your comment jenoliver, I am quite sure you would have a completely different opinion if you were the individual these accusations were being made about, especially by an anonymous poster that as far as we know - could be a debt collector or ANYone who wishes to see this forum go down. While it may be true that Vikas has admitted he knows this poster, we do not know the particulars, and making assumptions that this anonymous poster is providing accurate information is NOT the right thing to do. We all need to stop and think for one moment and remember, Vikas has a family to think about and family comes first.

Submitted by Shazzers on Sat, 08/30/2008 - 07:11

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )