Skip to main content
index page

I'm Curious

Submitted by kcooks3973 on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 10:10
Credits:
[Donate]

How did this site get started. I thought I was the only person to be so stupid. This is so out of control but the information on this site is really refreshing.

I don't know the details---you might want to ask one of the administrators (Vikas, Polly, Mike, etc.). But, don't think you are stupid (cause if YOU are then you are in good company)---but, rather uneducated in the ways that consumers can be duped/tricked/etc. into borrowing money, getting credit, etc. That said---Welcome to the forum!

Submitted by Lorri on Sat, 09/06/2008 - 12:27

Lorri

( Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

kcooks - You are not the only one thinking crazy thoughts and feeling that way. One year ago, I too was "thinking" and felt that there was no end in sight. I will tell you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there and keep visiting and asking questions.

I found that when I was feeling depressed over this situation, asking myself this question helped - "What is the worst thing that could happen." And then I would think of the positive things in my life. My family and our health, etc....

Welcome and hang in there.

Submitted by spatterson_40 on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 04:34

spatterson_40

( Posts: 400 | Credits: )

Definitely no offense is taken---read through enough posts on this site and you will find that a great many of us have referred to our actions/behaviors/patterns of the past as STUPID or DUMB.

Those two words are so overused in today's society that they almost have lost their original "uumph". So don't give it a second thought. This is a very, very accepting forum, as most of us have been in the same predictament at one time or another.

Submitted by Lorri on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 21:54

Lorri

( Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

Quote:

How did this site get started. I thought I was the only person to be so stupid. This is so out of control but the information on this site is really refreshing.

Kcrooks welcome to debtcc. Please read the following story to understand how this website started.

http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/forums/about2083.html

Submitted by polly on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 07:43

polly

( Posts: 1709 | Credits: )

Quote:

Quote:
Mike is no longer associated with this site

Quote:
Why would you say that? Get your facts straight before making assumptions.

Maybe their facts are straight . . . .

OR, maybe their facts aren't straight, too many 'maybes' which causes assumptions.

Submitted by Shazzers on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 11:54

Shazzers

( Posts: 17344 | Credits: )

Sassnlucy Wrote:
Quote:

I thought we were told just last week or so that Mike would be back soon???

Yes we were, however, I'm not quite sure why people are so quick to jump the gun and spurt out information which they have no knowledge about, it only stirs the pot, and that needs to stop.

Submitted by Shazzers on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 11:57

Shazzers

Quote:

I'm not quite sure why people are so quick to jump the gun and spurt out information which they have no knowledge about

How would you know what information people have? You couldn't know where people get the info they post about. It is you that are making assumptions. You are assuming people are not saying the truth, when you don't know what the truth is.

Submitted by goudah2424 on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 12:23

goudah2424

( Posts: 7935 | Credits: )

Shazzers who were you referring to "stirring the pot?" I know for a fact that Goudah does not ever just go around "spurting off information" that she has no knowledge about. I challenge any of you to show me something of the contrary because I know that it can't be found. What we are asking for, is to know where Mike is and his status. I trust in her 100%, but I would also like to hear it come straight from admin. Mike was a great friend to many of us and I think that we deserve an explanation. I have always known Goudah to back up anything she has ever said with facts.

Submitted by Sassnlucy on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 12:29

Sassnlucy

( Posts: 2698 | Credits: )

Quote:

How would you know what information people have? You couldn't know where people get the info they post about. It is you that are making assumptions. You are assuming people are not saying the truth, when you don't know what the truth is.

I was attempting to keep things from esculating when a "Guest" made a comment about Mike NOT returning. My point here was; we (The Mods) were told Mike was returning, for the record, that isn't an assumption. :wink:

Submitted by Shazzers on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 12:35

Shazzers

Quote:

Shazzers who were you referring to "stirring the pot?" I know for a fact that Goudah does not ever just go around "spurting off information" that she has no knowledge about. I challenge any of you to show me something of the contrary because I know that it can't be found. What we are asking for, is to know where Mike is and his status. I trust in her 100%, but I would also like to hear it come straight from admin. Mike was a great friend to many of us and I think that we deserve an explanation. I have always known Goudah to back up anything she has ever said with facts.

I was referring to the guest.

Submitted by Shazzers on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 12:36

Shazzers

Well it looks like the post from Goudah was quoted. I am sort of new here and have not registered for various personal reasons. The advice and honesty I have recieved from this member has been very helpful to me. I do not believe that he/she would try to cause trouble or say something that is not true. In fact advice was given to me that was incorrect and if it were not for this member I would have been in deep s**t

Submitted by on Tue, 09/09/2008 - 12:38

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )