Skip to main content
index page

Check n Go Advice

Submitted by Sonya T on Mon, 01/26/2015 - 17:33
Credits:
[Donate]

Hello,

I took out a Check n Go installment loan and have made two payments of $246. It's becoming too much for me to sustain and I want to work with them perhaps an EPP or try and get a fee reduction but do I have to let it default into collections in order to get that to happen? I've got around $2500 left on the loan. Really trying to get out of the installment loan trap that I created for myself :(

Thanks!

Oh I'm still working on some of them... the legal ones seem to be tougher - most have only been worried about the past due payment as well.. Early Jan/ Late Jan was when I locked them all out.. You are technically in default in your mind by missing the one - I guess to them they are trying to get you to pay that one because then you are back in the mix.. and they can continue to hit you monthly or semi-monthly.. i am done with that - even if they sue me and garnish my pay - the 25% that is allowed is still way less than what I was paying them before.. and only one can garnish at a time or if more than one would like to share the 25% - go ahead..

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Wed, 02/11/2015 - 18:18

HelpinAZ

( Posts: 1870 | Credits: )

Not really now because you have already missed a payment - It would not hurt so that they don't continue to try to debit the account.. The lady you have been speaking to is she in collections? And her not being able to discuss anything other than the missed payment makes me think she is still at the store level - I would contact the corp office yourself tell them you have been a victim of fraud - you have shut your account down you are revoking ACH and ask them how you go about working out a payment arrangement on your unpaid balance.

What type of loan do you have with them?

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Tue, 02/10/2015 - 16:47

HelpinAZ

I actually forgot to revoke the authorization which is probably where the $25 fee came from (I was so busy trying to get out from under the other tribal installment loans I had). I blocked them, with my bank. So if I revoke authorization would that put me in a better spot to try and negotiate a payment plan? I can do the EPP for my balance if I can make a monthly payment.

Submitted by Sonya T on Tue, 02/10/2015 - 16:27

Sonya T

( Posts: 24 | Credits: )

I have been calling around but I can't reach anyone who can help me BEFORE my account goes into collections. I guess I am just going to have to revoke the ACH until it gets into collections and then deal with them

Submitted by Sonya T on Tue, 01/27/2015 - 14:55

Sonya T

that's chech-n-go's playbook.find the regional,or corporate office info,and contact them.explain the situation.they have helped alot of people when the actual storefronts didn't.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 01/27/2015 - 09:28

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Thanks for the reply! I called them earlier and they told me they can't do anything, basically if the payment doesn't happen then I go to collections and can work out a payment plan. What I would love to do is get lower payments but they make it sound like I can only do that if I default.

Submitted by Sonya T on Mon, 01/26/2015 - 18:03

Sonya T

They are a legal lender - the best thing is to call them and see what they can do - have a plan in mind on what you can. They may make you default to let you do a payment plan!

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Mon, 01/26/2015 - 17:56

HelpinAZ

If you default on the loan and they want their money they are going to have to discuss a repayment plan... Which department is this lady in? Did you revoke their authorization for ACH prior to them taking the payment if so why are they tacking on $25 is that a returned item fee or late fee? Threating to report you to certegy makes no sense if you revoked their ACH - you did not have a returned item - you are defaulting on a loan.. bad debt is not a reason to report you to them.

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Tue, 02/10/2015 - 14:35

HelpinAZ

She was from the corporate office. She said that she is only able to discuss the payment that did not go through two weeks ago which is now $25 more than what the bi-weekly payments were. She said she can schedule that one out with me but that's it, she has nothing to do with the other weekly payments that I have set up. I am in California. I'm not trying to skip out on paying I am just interested in getting more reasonable payments because $246 every two weeks is hard to make. I'm also interested in an EPP but she said she can't do that?

Submitted by Sonya T on Tue, 02/10/2015 - 12:14

Sonya T

is this woman part of the regional corporate,or just works at store you went to?even a legal lender can be reported to your AG as threatening certegy on one,or two missed payments isn't right.in fact what state are you in again?check your state laws in regards to recording calls.if you are in a one party state you can record without telling them.get the certegy threat on tape.trust me check-n-go has been reported,and sued many times so again just because a lender is legal doesn't mean they always act legaly.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 02/10/2015 - 08:59

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

Check n Go has me in collections over my last payment not going through and I called them - they will only work with me on that payment and say they can't help with the rest. Furthermore they told me if another payment is returned and I end up back in collections that I will default, and that they will report me to Certegy and I will no longer be able to write checks. I know people here have been successful getting an EPP or a settlement but this woman just would not work with me....how do I get them to help with the payments? They referred me to customer service.

Submitted by Sonya T on Tue, 02/10/2015 - 08:47

Sonya T

I would send them an email or fax them the ACH revocation anyway in it I would add that all commuications need to be done via US mail or Email only.. I will include copy of what I sent below.. they are trying a scare tactic with the comments about additional fees.. I would let the loan default.. once in full collections if they want their money they will offer a repayment plan period.. Do you have any idea of what the balance is presently?

Here is what I sent to my legal lenders.. it got all of their attention.
"Date:
Acct. # XXXXXX
Dear Whomever,
I, _________________a hereby revoke authorization of any and all EFT/ACH authorizations by your company to any and all of my personal bank accounts. I also revoke any and all wage assignments I may or may not have signed with your company.
I would like an email sent to me at xxxxxx@xxxx.com, confirming receipt of this EFT/ACH revocation and confirmation that it has been processed in your system.

I also at this time am requesting that all communications be in writing via US mail or email only.

Thank you, "

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Wed, 02/11/2015 - 16:09

HelpinAZ

No matter what I do, when I call the corporate office number they transfer me to the same woman that I talked to yesterday. She even transferred me to customer service and they transfer me right back. I ask for a supervisor, they say that a supervisor can't help me. I ask her about revoking ACH Authorization and she transfers me to customer service again, who basically says that I would just rack up fees until the entire loan defaults and the balance becomes due right away. I see success stories from people on this forum in talking to someone about a payment plan and getting help but I am just getting nowhere. I thought once it reached collections that I would be able to do something about it. What am I missing here?

Submitted by Sonya T on Wed, 02/11/2015 - 10:38

Sonya T

It's got to be at around $2500 now but in the Account I can't see the full balance anymore. It just tells me I am past due from the last payment. After you sent the letter how long before you were contacted about a repayment plan? I will put that together now.

Submitted by Sonya T on Wed, 02/11/2015 - 17:30

Sonya T