Skip to main content
index page

Who is ASG?

Submitted by on Fri, 07/07/2006 - 12:10
Credits:
[Donate]

Who in the world is Jason from ASG, and why does he call several times a day, from unavailable #s, restricted #s, and I even got a phone call from him on 716-564-4905. He sounds very stern and states his name, company, and that he has a very urgent and important issue to discuss with me.

I screen my calls, NEVER answer an 800 # (since I'm working to get the debt under control with a dmp)...then listen to the voicemails, if they are left. It's getting irritating, and I'm a little nervous, but refuse to call him back.

ASG is Account Solutions Group. There is a lot of information on this forum about them. They do collections for various companies. I've dealt with them and had a relatively good experience. You should be recieving a letter from them if you haven't already. If you are working with a dmp then have them call ASG back.

Submitted by CycloneFan on Fri, 07/07/2006 - 12:20

CycloneFan

( Posts: 1155 | Credits: )

ASG is a collection agency. They might be calling you for one of your past debts. Chances are that you might have already included that account in the consolidation program, but your credit company has not updated the collection agency. So, you need to talk to them and know the purpose of their call. If they have a genuine purpose of calling you, tell them about your latest actions and refuse to get further calls.

Submitted by GunsNroses on Fri, 07/07/2006 - 15:02

GunsNroses

( Posts: 485 | Credits: )

They are really annoying and snotty. It figures, they're in NY.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/07/2006 - 19:08

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Internet lists several entities using that acronym. For the past week, I was receiving numerous calls from unidentified numbers. No messages had been left until this morning. The caller identified himself as "Chad". He rambled a phone number of which I could only distinguish the last four numbers (3233). I am 3 months deliquent on an accounts, which is in dispute. I was making electronic payments to an account which I thought was the account in question. Who are these people?

Submitted by on Wed, 04/04/2007 - 18:16

[quote=gunsNroses]ASG is a collection agency. They might be calling you for one of your past debts. Chances are that you might have already included that account in the consolidation program, but your credit company has not updated the collection agency. So, you need to talk to them and know the purpose of their call. If they have a genuine purpose of calling you, tell them about your latest actions and refuse to get further calls.[/quote]

^^^gets it. When you ignore calls from collection agencies, that's just a green light for them to keep on calling. Pick up the phone! It's not heavy! Yes, you don't want to hear what they are saying but it's reality. Who knows? They may actually work with you and you don't have to come in here complaining all the time about "rude" collectors!

Just my $.02

Submitted by d-townmike on Wed, 04/04/2007 - 20:18

d-townmike

( Posts: 51 | Credits: )

i have no idea who they are..and when i do call them back they don't even have the number they Just called in their system to take it out

I called and asked for a supervisor and was hung up on.

Whatever this company is, they need some lessons of phone manners

Submitted by on Wed, 05/30/2007 - 09:13

These a**holes have gone too far. I had just talked to one of their representatives explaining I just started a new job, and cannot pay off my debt of a whopping $80 until the end of the month(when I get paid). They never stop calling, its every day with them. Even though I just talked to them, explained my situation, we worked it out for the end of the month, but they keep on calling. Last night theres a knock on my door from my neighbor. Mind you she is a 90 yr old woman that can barely walk. Apparently ASG felt they had the right to call my NEIGHBOR and wake her up to give me a message to call them back. WTF, I HAVE an answering machine, they don't leave messages. They sound like a big scam to me, they never send any proof of themselves, and always want a check right then and there. Whoever these people are, I would be weary of giving them large amounts of money. Like I said, they are hunting me down, calling up my 90 yr old neighbor at 9:30pm, for my debt of $81.93.

Submitted by on Thu, 06/14/2007 - 06:44

To file a complaint about ASG formily here is there address, I suggest any one unhappy with ASG service write to there better business bureau about ASG's terrible customer service. They can use the information on our account to harasses our neighbor so heres there personal info, do with it what you will.
ASG LLC
6341 Inducon Drive Est
Sanborn, NY 14132 9097
or there also this address:
Account Sollutions Group LLC
205 Bryant Woods South
Amherst, NY 14228
There are many branches of ASG, these ones may not be yours, if they have sent you any paper work check the heading of the letters for there addresses. Make sure to file a complaint againt your branch specifacley and the person who gave you a hard time, ours is "Tom" and let me tell you, I dont know how Tom sleeps at night when he spends his evenings waking up senior citizens that owe him nothing! Maybe what there doing is legal in some way but it sure as hell is NOT moral.

Submitted by on Thu, 06/14/2007 - 11:50

ASG ````--- if you need to call then al least get the right phone # --- you have hasassed the wrong person --- no justin is not here,,,because ''you''
Asg have the wrong # -- 6:30 am is way to early to be making a wrong call....206 area code used to be 253 ... Stop bothering the wrong person's ! Get it right...
---you called on july 21st at 6:30 am and you are wasting your time and making a bad reputation ,,,but i know it is already bad --
--the irony is - we have no debt and just got married and do not want asg to bother us -- bye bye

Submitted by on Sat, 07/21/2007 - 15:03

Well well well, I just got a call from them wanting to talk to my Wife. They were calling about a debt from 1991 and the date for last payment (according to them) was in 1993. When this guy told me that I laughed so hard I almost pissed my-self. I then asked for his address he would not give it to me, I then acted like I was concerded and asked him for his numer so I could speak with him directly about this matter. He gave it to me and his first name. I then told him that he was trying to collect on a debt the was out of SOL and out of the reporting period and that he had no legal means to collect. I am looking for there address now when I find it I will post. And the number he gave me was 1-888-872-1566 and his name was Bris. Have at it people.

With them trying to collect a debt that is over 15 years sounds like they are at the bottom of the list and can not make any more money. Just your basic bottom feeder.

Submitted by on Thu, 08/02/2007 - 10:19

OK This was me, I thought I was logged in. LOL

Well well well, I just got a call from them wanting to talk to my Wife. They were calling about a debt from 1991 and the date for last payment (according to them) was in 1993. When this guy told me that I laughed so hard I almost pissed my-self. I then asked for his address he would not give it to me, I then acted like I was concerded and asked him for his numer so I could speak with him directly about this matter. He gave it to me and his first name. I then told him that he was trying to collect on a debt the was out of SOL and out of the reporting period and that he had no legal means to collect. I am looking for there address now when I find it I will post. And the number he gave me was 1-888-872-1566 and his name was Bris. Have at it people.

With them trying to collect a debt that is over 15 years sounds like they are at the bottom of the list and can not make any more money. Just your basic bottom feeder.

Submitted by Count_Vlad on Thu, 08/02/2007 - 10:21

Count_Vlad

( Posts: 356 | Credits: )

Yes....I know such debt collectors are really funny to deal with. They buy the time barred debts and try Yes....I know such debt collectors are really funny to deal with. They buy charged off card accounts, debts that are past SOL from the OCs for pennies on the dollar or less. Then, with the help of credit-scoring and other methods they spot out the debtors who are most likely to pay. And then starts the story of annoying calls???????..

Submitted by Good Nelly on Fri, 08/03/2007 - 23:58

Good Nelly

( Posts: 2846 | Credits: )

well I had payments set up to come out of my account with these people and one check was sent back. I called them to reset the payment to clear up the check (I called them remeber )they were so rude and nasty! they really need some manners on customer service I called my husband at the office to let him hear how they were talking to me and he was very upset. I even asked to speak with a supervisor she was just a rude as the first person telling me that i keep calling them I explained that it was my 2nd time calling because the first girl hung up on me and I was tring to clear up a check that was an oversite on my part she then told me that i was doing no such thing and that she did not even want to talk to me and that i was tring to be argue with her and she hung up they really need help in the customer service department :x

Submitted by on Thu, 09/13/2007 - 15:37

My husband has been receiving phone calls from ASG regarding a debt that we have. The man he spoke with told him that he had to pay an outrageous amount each month, which my husband informed him he would not be able to financially handle. My husband offered to make a smaller payment each month, thus promising him that the company would receive some money, and he was basically laughed at and told that the company ASG was collecting for would not accept that amount of me. Now tell me, if the company wants their money, don't you think they would be willing to accept what we can send - especially since he offered only $50 less a month than the representative from ASG was requesting?? My husband told him he would have to get back with him, and the man said that would be fine, he had until the end of the month to get back with him. Now we receive phone calls every day from this company. It's always the same guy, who is very rude on his messages as well as when you speak with him in person. I understand that we have a debt to pay, but, having worked for a collection department at a mortgage company in the past, it's common knowledge that if you are rude to someone who is struggling to pay their debt, it just frustrates and stresses them more, in turn causing the person to be less apt to even answer the phone.

Submitted by on Tue, 09/18/2007 - 12:09

A guy named Chris called me from the same number and he was looking for my brother, I told him he had the wrong number and he claimed that my brother had given him that number which was a lie.

Submitted by on Fri, 10/12/2007 - 08:32

my mother answered the phone when those ****called, my mother only speaks spanish, well they told her to go back to mexico, or if she's gonna stay in the USA to learn english

[color=Red]****Adult term removed - Jason[/color]

Submitted by on Tue, 03/18/2008 - 17:27

presumably about neighbors who are in default about a loan. My credit is very good. I have no judgments nor am late on anything. My fico score is in the 800s as of last check. Prior to getting caller ID last month I was getting calls from an unknown collector concerning a neighbor whom I really do not know. they wanted a phone # or mw to go over to the house to c=ask them to call the agency. I refused to become involved. Now I am getting calls from ASG tha t I have not answered and someone approached my son outside of our house with an offer of $50 if he calls to report the presence of a certain car at the residence. I have asked the folks to no longer call me when I did answer, how do I get them to quit now?

Submitted by on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 18:22

I have never been in debt, yet I kept receiving calls from First Source Advantage, which I have found to be a debt recovering agency. These people, who do not speak English very well and are often difficult to understand, refuse to tell me straight forward what they want. They claim I have debts to be paid but never fully tell me what they are or who to speak to at that company. How do I get rid of their EVERYDAY phone calls, or atleast pay off these mysterious debts??? Please HELP!!!

Submitted by on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 20:13

I have never been in debt, yet I kept receiving calls from First Source Advantage, which I have found to be a debt recovering agency. These people, who do not speak English very well and are often difficult to understand, refuse to tell me straight forward what they want. They claim I have debts to be paid but never fully tell me what they are or who to speak to at that company. How do I get rid of their EVERYDAY phone calls, or atleast pay off these mysterious debts??? Please HELP!!!

Submitted by on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 20:13

I also had run ins with Jason, or also known as mr ZION... He called my house and said he was an old boyfriend, he called my work because the boys gave him my number and said he would keep calling me until I answered my phone at home, I told him that the charges he was calling for was not mine and if he could see the charges he would see they were not done by me,i told him the account was in dispute and he said he would keep bouncing it out of dispute and ruin my credit, he asked me to give him a post dated check and he would settle for half of the amount. I finally told his butt off and asked for a supervisor, their wasnt one in that day, so i kept calling back unitl i got a lady and told her of course i was fuming mad and hse said he was their top person in getting people to pay their bills and yes there were times he went to far.... He violated every single line on the cant do list for credit collections, I had the recording taped on my phone at work and kept it there for 1 year, then they update and I didnt need it anymore so they erased it and then ASG sold my account to LNVN who started it again they served me papers on easter, I didnt read the bottom of the paper that said a phone call wont save you. so I called the attorney and explained to him that it wasnt my charges. he said well I will request verification and when it comes in we will review it... I figured the worst would be court and that was 8 months away, well 6 weeks ;ater i got papers in the mail that said they got a judgement against me and they were going to attach my wages and my hr person said they could go and 1 time take all the money in my checking account... some one please help me,,,,what do i do... I went to the credit reporting on line and saw they had so much miss information so i corrected that, had me living at three places that i didnt live.. etc..but now what........... :twisted:

Submitted by on Mon, 09/15/2008 - 19:51