Skip to main content
index page

Preferred financial Services - How much can you depend on them?

Submitted by on Fri, 08/11/2006 - 06:28
Credits:
[Donate]

Has anyone used Preferred Financial Services for debt settlement? They are based out of Massachussetts and "seem" to know their stuff, but I am unsure how to base a good company from a bad one. Any advice on finding a good debt settlement agency would be appreciated...

I signed up two weeks ago; PFS debited my account $174 without my permission and was not part of our agreement. I called and spoke to Jesus and Josh demanding my money be credited to my account as that was not part of our agreement. In the end, the bank got my money back, Jesus hung up on me, I called back and he told me our contract is terminated. I'm relieved and will try and figure out other options to resolve this debt I am in. I did file a complaint with the Mass AG's office. I would recommend choosing another company!

Submitted by on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 07:56

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I just posted the last one... I helped my inlaws get out of debt and it wasn't too hard. I read a book and took a debt reduction course at my local church (Dave Ramsey) - only cost me $89. I'm not marketing for them, it's just an example of a good course that has your interest in mind. They tought budgeting, communication (with creditors AND my wife :)) and just basics for how to be successful long term. My inlaws owed the IRS and CC companies and I was able to reduce the fees from the IRS (not the amount or interest) and reduce the amount owed to the cc companies 10-25% as well as elminate 100% mones owed to 2 of them (old loans that had gone to bs collection agencies and they didn't have "proof" of what was owed). On my own. AND, did you know you owe taxes on anything that is reduced by a credit company - but I learned I was also able to elminate the tax due since my inlaws were involvent (negative net worth). Anyway, most people can read a book, take an inexpensive course with no follow up fees, google issues for advise, and solve most situations on their own. If it seems like the company you're dealing with has big fees, they are NOT doing this for you, but for themselves. There is no free lunch. Good luck everyone!

Submitted by on Sun, 07/01/2012 - 08:16

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )