Skip to main content
index page

GEMB/CARE Credit opened an account in my name

Submitted by on Mon, 06/11/2007 - 14:32
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi I just received a credit alert that GEMB/CARE CREDIT has opened an account. The balance is zero (0) at this time. I don’t know who they are or where they came from. I have tried looking up a contact number for them but have had no luck. Can anyone please tell me how to contact these people so I can find out what is going on?
Thanks a bunch!
John

I found that GEMB/Care Credit has opened an account in my name as well. If you have any contact information regarding this creditor, please let me know. my email is cedster2001[at]yahoo.com Thanks!!!

Submitted by on Tue, 07/31/2007 - 07:25

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I had the same problem with my credit report.

I found a couple numbers

1-866-396-8254
1-866-239-4362

There's also a webpage...gemoney.com

I just called and canceled it, though I never remember opening it in the first place. Good luck to you guys!

Submitted by on Wed, 10/10/2007 - 09:49

I found out that someone opened a credit account in my name. Experian reported this address for GEMB/CARE CREDIT: P.O. Box 981439, El Paso, TX 79998.
I want that account closed. What do I do?

[color=Red][/color]Email removed for your safety[color=Red][/color]

Submitted by on Thu, 02/21/2008 - 18:09

An account was opened under my name on 1/1/08. I did not open this account. Please close this account and please send me all the information that you can re the account. My personal information was stolen. Thank You.

Submitted by on Sat, 05/24/2008 - 18:34

my husband just received a letter in the mail from this company stating his inactive account with them was closed. We have no idea what this is. At the bottom of the letter was this address, slightly different from the one above: GE Money Bank PO Box 981440 El Paso TX 79998-1440. No phone number was given.

Submitted by on Fri, 04/10/2009 - 12:42

Ruined my credit rating-
This company AKA Medcash-now GEMB has an account for me I never opened. Their phone number is 866-893-7864

Submitted by on Thu, 05/07/2009 - 06:31

This company is used to pay doctor bills, dental etc. their interest is very high and they don't work with people unless you can understand foreigners, as all their calls seem to be answered by people in India!!!
My account was current and they closed it without reason.

Submitted by on Thu, 05/07/2009 - 08:09

This is ridiculous. They opened an account in my name also. This is a JCPenneys charge in case you don't know.
I spent hours trying to find a real person to talk to. No go. I finally got to someone who gave me an address to write to. As they informed me that no actual card/credit was actually issued, I put a lock on my credit info thru equifax and thought I was safe. They went thru Experian. I no longer have the address as I thot I was safe. I am calling all three credit bureaus and finding out how to make an official complaint. This can't be legal.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 13:22

I have applied for credit cards in the past and had been denied with no reason as to why, I never understood until one day a applied for capital one, they sent me a report and directed me to experian as to find the cause for my denial, the reason........GEMB Care Credit created an account in my name and I now have $1,044 in charges to the account on a card with a $500 limit. How can your credit be screwed so easily without knowledge yet be so incredibly difficult to fix? I'm at a crossroad and I have no idea how to get this off of my credit report.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/17/2009 - 17:16

im so glad i clicked here.... just yesterday i finally got around to credit report check ! the account in my name only 100$ but was issued 3 years ago sept 20003...thankfully, 0 balance but why is it just now on my report....try 1800 527 4403 (but its probably as bogus as their business!!!!) good luck to us all

Submitted by on Mon, 08/17/2009 - 01:56

I just got an alert frome my credit report and they (GEMB) said that my daughter had opened an acct.and I co-signed and the past due was $5000+ so I called and talked to some ass hole who could barley speak english. Got the same bullshit story ....couldn't help me if I didn't have acct.# Which I don't and never did! But I called back and Talked to some one who could speak english and I got a #for their fraud dept.
1-800-268-9131 Haven't tried it wrong time zone but wait till tomorrow **** IS GOING TO HIT THE FAN

Profanity removed. - Uncle Wulf

Submitted by on Tue, 08/18/2009 - 18:47

I too learned this week that someone has opened a GEMB/CARE charge account in my name. In my case they have run it almost to its limit of $5000. I did not do this; I do not intend to pay it. I found out through my credit monitor, but all they do it tell you. I have not card -- don't want one; so far I have not bill; I enter the number on my monitoring report give as my account number, but don't seem to be able to do it fast enough, though I've tried several times. When I just stayed on the line my Social Security number was requested -- right! The BBB was of no help. The AG's office has not returned my call. What is one to do? Is GEMB/CARE reading these entries? If so, would you please contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Personal information removed, for your protection. - Uncle Wulf

Submitted by on Thu, 10/29/2009 - 16:46

We received a call from GE Money today.
They were trying to verify a large purchase, but we didn't open any account.
All three credit agencies are showing that an account with GEMB/CARE CREDIT was opened by "Salt Lake City Dental" for $7500. Sounds like identity theft.

Submitted by on Mon, 11/30/2009 - 12:36

REGARDING THIS GEMB/care credit I HADLOCATED THIER REAL ADDRESS AND A GOOD CONTACT NUMBER FOR YOU ALL!!!!
THE ADDRESS IS: 950 FORRER BLVD
Kettering, Ohio 45420
PHONE Number: 1-937-5346950 AND ASK FOR THE DISPUTE DEPT.I KNOW IT IS A LONG DISTANCE NUMBER BUT THIS WILL GET YOU RIGHT INTO THE DISPUTE AREA YOU NEED FOR ALL OF THESE COMPLAINTS
I, HAPPEN TO BE A VICTIM OF IDENITY THEFT THIS IS HOW I LEARNED ABOUT THIS COMPANY I REPORTED THIS STUFF TO THE FTC.GOV GO ON THEIR WEB SITE AND COMPLAIN THERE AS WELL.

Submitted by on Sun, 12/13/2009 - 16:37

I had the same problem with my credit report.

I found a couple numbers

1-866-396-8254
1-866-239-4362

There's also a webpage...gemoney.com

I just called and canceled it, though I never remember opening it in the first place. Good luck to you guys!

Reply: Thanks for the phone numbers. I called and they closed the account. Thankfully it was something that I had opened myself 6 years back and had paid off however it showed up on the credit report as revolvoing and I had no idea as to what it was.

Submitted by on Wed, 01/13/2010 - 10:17

I never been in los angeles california until this november 2009, and my surprise its i have 11 account credits in my social security number, obviously, bad records, i wish this company, remove my name of the credit report, i wanna know who can help me with this, to remove all my credit report, let me know in [email]julies1151@yahoo.com[/email]. thanks

Submitted by on Thu, 02/11/2010 - 21:51

I took my dog to vet, found out her lumps were breast cancer. I spoke about worry of being able to pay for it , even if on a credit card. I even said I had great credit and wondered if was best to get the Care credit or use my cc I already had. They mentioned a processing fee. I called Care Credit who said no, they couldnt charge that to me. In an emotional state I went ahead and used the card. Again Care Credit said they shouldnt have after they ahd put fee on my card. First call the person was just going to report that to dept that needed to know. I called vet and let them know what I was told. The co owner vet wasnt familiar with alot but had a clerk call care credit and stated they were told they could pass on the charge to me. Vet stated that they only charged me half of the fee. I should have read the agreement more closely, I admit that. Today I call Care Credit. I got all the names and such. They took info about the fee as again the supervisor told agent to tell me no, cant be charged to me. Praying they will get somewhere with this. I wish I had used my low interest CC. Hind sight is 20/20.

Submitted by on Wed, 02/17/2010 - 13:00

I received an alert on my credit report for a new account and the amount I owe. The company was GEMB-Care Credit. I contacted Equifax right away via-mail to dispute this since it does not belong to me. I also called the following number that I found in one of the above entries (thank you) and the lady I spoke to was from the fraud dept 800-268-9131 she was very helpful. She told me that there was no account under my name (I did not give her my SS# and she did not ask) she told me that it looks like the credit company made a mistake and that this belong to someone else and that I need to dispute with Equifax. Hope this helps.

Submitted by on Fri, 02/19/2010 - 08:57

funny thing i had GEMB/ care credit and almost 2 yr ago paid the account off and now still seeing it as a ding on my credit what do they think we dont check our creidt reports ??? ohh and a good number for you to call is 866 369 8254 anf their address is PO BOX 981439 EL PASO TX 79998

Submitted by on Fri, 03/05/2010 - 21:23

Apparently there is a GE Bank charge on MY credit reports also!! They even had ba**s to hire a collection attorney and send a wage garnishment to my employer!!! We fought the matter in court because this is NOT mine nor did I ever sign anything or have any knowledge of it, yet they sure have my social security number as a co-signer!!!!!!!!!! This company is BOGUS and I don't know HOW to get it off of my credit report!!! It's driving me nuts and there isn't ANYTHING I can do about it. I have moved, and I'm almost afraid to contact these stupid people b/c they can't speak english and I know just as soon as I give them my new address they'll try to slap the debt on me once again!! Help???

You are the cosignor? Who is the primary? Did you ever request a DV for proof of the debt? Having your SS# is not proof...your signature would be. Did you file a police report?

Submitted by on Tue, 06/15/2010 - 17:09

I found something on my credit report that was listed as GEMB and 99 dollars was charged in my name although it was not me. The date listed was about 30 days after I applied for Care Credit. Care credit was supposed to be a loan for my dieing cats surgery but I was NOT approved. 30 days later THIS was on my credit!

Applying for credit online = Identity theft.

Also, NEVER order anything from Proflowers....they share your credit card info with a third party company that takes money from your credit card, saying that they're "saving you money". They steal from you the more you buy from them. I know this from experience.

Submitted by on Tue, 10/05/2010 - 00:12

After doing a search I found this thread and I thought I'd thow in a little personal experience. I did not know my account number, but wanted to close my account. I called the following number.

1-866-893-7864

And, pressed (1) for account holders. When the machine asked for my account number I just waited, and eventually I was transfered to a live person. After giving my ss# to a representative. They found and closed my account.

Just a note, I knew I had an account here. And, I also knew they already had my ss#, so I didn't see giving it as a danger. I opened it a few years ago for a specific purpose. I just didn't have any paperwork with my account number on it.

Submitted by on Wed, 03/23/2011 - 07:12

This Care Credit is being abused by some providers...they will open an account for you without your approval, just like HRC Medical in Nashville, TN. They will tell their clients that they will only pay $191/month, I thought at first that I will be paying them directly, but found out later that they opened a care credit account on my behalf...which I received a bill amounting $3,450...it's ridiculous...if they told me that I need to open an account...I WILL NOT DO IT. This is one of the scams providers do. THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT THE CARE CREDIT that they will open for you.

Be careful in seeking any medical procedure you need...READ all the paper works BEFORE you sign anything.

Submitted by on Sat, 05/14/2011 - 05:36

They WILL overdose you with testerone after the rip you off with this Care Credit nonsense. Read about the "doctor" that you will NEVER see here unless you demand to and how the stae of Tenneesee has hammered him for Unethicial Conduct... RUN FROM THESE CLOWNS!
[LEFT][/LEFT]
http://health.state.tn.us/Licensure/index.htm[FONT=Arial,Arial][SIZE=3].
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Submitted by on Mon, 06/27/2011 - 06:17

did you apply/get new tires from discount tire center..... it is the credit care they issue 1-866-396-8254

Submitted by on Mon, 08/13/2012 - 23:15