Skip to main content
index page

debt

Submitted by Pauline.Pruitt on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 07:23
Credits:
[Donate]

I have been paying on a debt every month and I haven't been late, they are threating me to pay the whole thing now or else they will come after me. Can they do this?

Is this a collection agency? They can file a lawsuit, if that's what they mean by "come after" you, but usually if you are making regular payments, that isn't too likely. Even if they did, you could show the judge that you are making payments, and he would likely tell them to work it out with you.

Submitted by alias1958 on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 07:27

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )

They aren't a collection agency they are the company that I have the debt with. I thought I was right that if you are paying they can't really do much. I wonder if I am allowed to say that to them, that I am paying what I can and monthly and not get into trouble. I have been really nice to this company and they are really being mean to me. It's not like I am not paying anything at all. I write them checks and they cash them so I have proof that they are getting paid.

Submitted by Pauline.Pruitt on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 08:03

Pauline.Pruitt

( Posts: 8 | Credits: )

Welcome to the Community :D I may be wrong, but I thought that in some contracts that there was a clause that said they could, at anytime, call for the balance in full?

How long have you been making payments to them? I would think that a judge,even if they could call it in full, wouldn't be real happy with them, if they were to do this.

Let us know what happens, maybe someone with this experience will come along and give you some info..karen

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 08:18

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

Yes, the vehicle was sold and we got it in writting. The playment plan was done over the phone and recorded by their company. I have been making payments for 11 months now.
I am not the only one this company is doing this too I just found out someone close to me is going threw the same thing. What can I do?

Submitted by Pauline.Pruitt on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 08:31

Pauline.Pruitt

not much in there helps me. I know it took them 2 months to come get the car when I called and said I couldn't afford it any more. I know people who have had repos that weren't voluntary and they don't go thew any of this stuff. I was being honest by giving it back because I couldn't afford it and I have had to deal with these people over a year now.

Submitted by Pauline.Pruitt on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 09:18

Pauline.Pruitt