Share post
member profile picture

Credits: 0
[Donate]

hey all,

I had to evacuate today--we packed up the kids and the dog and ended up in Little Rock, Arkansas. The hurricane is supposed to make landfall pretty close to our house, so it wasnt a question of if, but when to leave. Anyone else had to take off, or planning to? Post up in here so we can keep track of everyone.

We're planning to spend at least a few days here, long enough hopefully to see what the next storm, TS Hannah, is planning to do. If that one goes into the Gulf, we're gonna be hanging out here for that one too I guess. Wish us luck--we lost our house and nearly everything we owned in Katrina, and are hoping to avoid a repeat....

cajun most likely evac'ed well before the storm came, they announced that 96% of all rigs in the gulf were shut down and evacuated before the storm came.

I just got word that there was massive wind damage in the areas around my town. two towns that are within 15 mins of home have trees and power poles down and buildings collapsed all over the place, some of the buildings are simply gone. This isnt making me feel too good about our chances, but at least we got out safely. Insurance will handle the rest, i suppose. We lost everything in Katrina, so hopefully we got a break this time.

Sub: #11 posted on Mon, 09/01/2008 - 14:45

skydivr7673 skydivr7673
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 2037 | Credits: )

I am glad you and your family are safe sky, I hope we hear from cajun soon.

Sub: #12 posted on Mon, 09/01/2008 - 15:21

Shazzers Shazzers
(Posts: 17345 | Credits: )

I too am glad you doing ok, hang in there we are all hear for you!

Sub: #13 posted on Mon, 09/01/2008 - 15:59

lmale lmale

(Posts: 742 | Credits: )

Sorry I'm late coming into this, but I hope everyone evacuated sooner rather than later, or if they chose to stay, they were able to ride out the storm in safety.

I see now that the storm wasn't anywhere near as bad as predicted, having weakened considerably before making landfall, and then quickly downgrading from Cat. 4 to Cat. 1. There's damage, to be sure, but nothing like what they were preparing for. Better to be prepared and not need it than to not be and need it urgently! I hope all are safe and well, and will check in with us when they can.

Sub: #14 posted on Mon, 09/01/2008 - 18:44

SUEBEEHONEY70 SUEBEEHONEY70
Moderators
(Posts: 4583 | Credits: )

Our facility in Pineville is flooded and without power. Until they can provide the basic necessities of life support, we are on hold. Hopefully by Thursday we'll here something.

Sub: #15 posted on Wed, 09/03/2008 - 06:13

NASCAR_Devil NASCAR_Devil
(Posts: 4671 | Credits: )

I'm Back! Spent the last 5 days in Alexandria, LA cleaning up our flooded warehouse there. Not really that bad in the area but sure am glad to be back home.

Sub: #16 posted on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 02:48

glad your all right nascar,hope to hear from cajun soon.he's ok.

Sub: #17 posted on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 05:59

paulmergel paulmergel
(Posts: 15512 | Credits: )

He may have to evacuate again if he even made it back to his rig. Looks like Ike is gonna spend a few days gaining strength in the gulf.

Sub: #18 posted on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 06:02

i just was thinking that too,ike is a coming.hope everyone stays safe.

Sub: #19 posted on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 06:04

paulmergel paulmergel
(Posts: 15512 | Credits: )

Anyone hear from Skydvr? He was evac'ng too and I'm not sure if he made it back yet.

Sub: #20 posted on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 06:14

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.150 seconds.