If you find it difficult to manage your bills in Utah, try negotiating with your creditors to have your interest rates reduced or your outstanding debt decreased. If negotiating on your own doesn't work, try getting help from a Utah debt consolidation or settlement company.
How do Utah debt consolidation companies help you?
Utah consolidation companies offer programs where they negotiate with your creditors to lower your interest rates and monthly payments. They also negotiate to lower your late fees and over-limit charges to make your repayments affordable. Find out more about a consolidation program.
Utah debt consolidation loans - How do these work?
If you wish to pay off your bills with one large payment, apply for an Utah consolidation loan with a bank or commercial lender. These loans are often available at low interest rates. Therefore, when you pay your bills with the consolidation loan, you have just a single loan to pay down with a small monthly repayment. This helps you get rid of multiple bills faster and saves you money Learn more...
What should you avoid when consolidating your bills?
Here are the things you shouldn't do when you consolidate bills in Utah.
1. Getting a hard money loan
2. Enrolling with a consolidation company that makes outrageous promises
3. Not monitoring whether your payments are sent to your creditors
4. Continue charging on credit cards
What are the alternatives to Utah consolidation programs?
Other than consolidation programs, there are a number of options you can use to pay off bills in Utah. These are:
- Credit counseling: You can get help from non-profit credit counseling agencies that will advise you on managing your money better and help you develop a budget. They'll offer free educational materials and hold workshops where you'll learn about debt management, budgeting, and credit repair.
If you're deep in debt, the counselor may suggest you enroll in a debt management plan. With this type of plan, the counselor negotiates with your creditors and collection agencies to lower your interest rates, thus reducing your monthly payments. You pay a certain amount each month to the credit counseling agency, which is then paid out to your creditors.
- Utah debt settlement: If you're not able to make the monthly payments on your bills and you want to have your outstanding balance reduced, you should negotiate a settlement agreement with your creditors. If you don't feel safe negotiating on your own, you can get help from a Utah debt settlement company. They'll negotiate with your creditors to get your outstanding balance reduced of what you owe. Learn more...