Skip to main content
index page

18004461022 calling me 4 to 5 times a day – who the hell is this?

Submitted by The I See You Member on Tue, 07/18/2006 - 08:06
Credits:
[Donate]

I have been unable to figure out who's number is 18004461022? It calls me 4 or 5 times a day and no one ever leaves a voice mail or when I am home I pick up the phone and no one is there.

This number seems to be from a collection agency. The funniest thing is that he won't leave his voice. A recording will say that a judgment is being issued against you. I was about to fall for this crap. Ask your phone company to block 18004461022.

Submitted by Justme on Tue, 07/18/2006 - 10:16

Justme

( Posts: 479 | Credits: )

18004461022 is from HSBC Card Services...telemarketing...call back the number and hit option #2....and remove your phone number from their list.....if you have an HSBC credit card that is probably where they got your number...

Submitted by on Tue, 08/08/2006 - 08:55

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hello, 18004461022 calls me and we have only had this number 2 months now. I've tried with a message on the answering machine that we are not who they want. I tried calling back and no one answers. How can anyone call when noone is there???? I wish they would STOP> I just moved and have lost my Parents recently and just want to be left alone!! Belle

Submitted by on Fri, 10/20/2006 - 17:20

I typed 18004461022 in search and this came up...answered my questions!

Submitted by on Tue, 11/14/2006 - 17:39

You can contact your phone company and see if you can block 18004461022. If not, then you can get anonymous caller rejection and it will not accept it.

Submitted by natdust20 on Tue, 11/14/2006 - 17:49

natdust20

( Posts: 1345 | Credits: )

Anyone know how this works with the National Do Not Call block? Seems if your number is on the list, they shouldn't be able to call you.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/15/2006 - 12:48

The Do Not Call list donotcall.gov/ is only for stopping telemarketers from calling you. However, charities are exempt from the list. Also, per the exceptions:

29. If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?

No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you????????ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls.

So if you have a relationship with them, they will call you. But, if you have the relationship with them, you can opt out from telemarketing calls by simply asking. Each company is different, so read their fine print.

Submitted by jedijeff13 on Wed, 11/15/2006 - 12:58

jedijeff13

( Posts: 1734 | Credits: )

I too got 4 or 5 calls a day from 18004461022. Called back and had them take me off the telemarketing list. It was because I got an HSBC credit card.

Submitted by on Fri, 11/17/2006 - 13:44

We recently received a call from 18004461022 yesterday evening. I saw the number appears on our caller ID appearing as Out of Area but no company name. This rude nasty woman had the audacity to call our house and did not bother to identify herself. I asked this rude woman 3 times to identify herself and she refused and then a 3rd time she finally identified who she was but abruptly "Raised" her voice at me and I told her off point blank do not raise her voice at me and I slammed the phone in her ear. These people when they call from 18004461022 your residence that they need to initially identify themselves first of all and be polite about it. That idiot woman got me very mad and I called this number back to ask to speak with a supervisor and all I received was a recorded message regarding a HSBC telemarketing call and that's is how I found out who this company was. I called this number back at least 3 times and every time I was unable to speak with a live body. I wished I could have spoken to a live person to report that rude stupid woman's bad attitude because believe me I would have. The recorded message gave you 2 options on this phone number I punched our phone number in to take us off of their calling list. I also received a message from 18004461022 that it would take about 30 days for this to take effect...that is unbelievable. I blocked this telephone number as well on my own.

Submitted by fluffycakes2006 on Thu, 12/14/2006 - 21:52

fluffycakes2006

( Posts: 26 | Credits: )

I never have had a account with HSBC. Who is HSBC?

Thanks

Submitted by on Mon, 12/18/2006 - 15:18

It's from HSBC Card Services...telemarketing...call back 18004461022 and hit option #2..and remove your phone number from their list..if you have an HSBC credit card that is probably where they got your number...

[size=18]As posted bt the above person, calling back 800-446-1022 & choosing option 2 does work. The answering voice says 30 days to be removed.

Submitted by on Wed, 04/04/2007 - 16:58

Once I picked up and someone wanted to speak with my dad but he wasn't home so they just said okay and hung up. Now whenever they call I just pick up call from 18004461022 and hang up. It it so annoying they won't stop calling.

Submitted by on Tue, 04/17/2007 - 12:00

Actually, HSBC stands for "Hong Kong & Shanghai Banking Corporation" they bought out a lot of other smaller banks a few years ago.

Submitted by on Mon, 04/23/2007 - 23:15

the number is HSBC card services. It can also be Direct Merchance. I get 12-15 calls from 18004461022 including Sundays. I want to know who to stop these calls. I have a credit card from them that I have turned over to a debt management program, they have accepted the terms and a payment but they are still calling 12-15 times a day wanting the payment I was behind 10 days before the debt management program paid the first payment.I have told them the situation and not to call again but they are still calling. I want to know what harassment is if this isn't.

Submitted by on Tue, 04/24/2007 - 19:21

I've been having the same problem for weeks! I have read this post and gone through the steps to remove myself from their call list. I also went into my phone and added the number to my Caller ID Phone Directory ... from there I was able to set the ring tone to a specific tone ... NO RINGER! We'll see how that works. At least for the next 30 days I won't hear the phone ring when they call :)

Submitted by on Mon, 05/21/2007 - 09:22

I as well have been receiving these calls for weeks, Have gone thru the steps upon callback to have my number deleted, and still recieve the calls.

Submitted by on Mon, 06/25/2007 - 14:28

As a retired Telco 30 something years..never answer calls you don't know who they are from..crooks have gotten very sofisticated using the internet and land lines ..sometimes your answered call can be rerouted to an international country..then they use you number to make free long distance calls..even after you hanged up the call..Sometimes they use predictor services with bootlegged name/numbered databases that has your information on it...one thing that all phone companies do and that needs to changed is that once you disconnect you service from them they never never delete your information from their database. Thats because of their win back policies. Just asked your local state utility commission if they have any knowledge on the subject.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/26/2007 - 17:12

Call back into the number on your caller ID and select option 2, it will remove your number from the database.

Submitted by on Wed, 07/25/2007 - 11:30

They call me every single day as well. But the last several times they have left very scary bizarre messages or this is what I hear when I pick up. It sounds like a lion or tiger in the background roaring and purring and it's really freaky. Kind of scary to be honest. It's like someone is talking through some weird device. Very bizarre. Anyone else hear this ever?

Submitted by on Thu, 10/25/2007 - 07:55

I answered the call today. They are trying to sell additional Fraud Insursnace on Credit Card.

Submitted by on Wed, 11/07/2007 - 12:12

I JUST GOT MY ACCT 1-2 MONTHS AGO, AND SINCE THEN THE CALLS HAVEN'T STOPPED. I PAY MY BILLS AS SOON AS THE STATEMENT CLOSES, ONLINE, SO THERE IS NEVER A REVOLING BALANCE. BUT STILL THEY CALL SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK, I ASSUME WANTING TO SELL SOMETHING. THIS IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!! I JUST REMOVED MY NUMBER FROM THE CALLING LIST... WE SHALL SEE HOW THAT GOES......

Submitted by on Tue, 07/08/2008 - 18:20

It is my mom's credit card, but she works the whole day, so I did not provide them her work phone, but told them she is not at home from 8am to 11pm, but they kept calling, I got tired of telling them that, I started to answer in Spanish and they hang up, I think they do not want to go through someone that won't understand them. It works cool, Alo alo then after 3 hours they try again, I do the same, but I hope they just don't call anymore.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/03/2008 - 17:11

It is my mom's credit card, but she works the whole day, so I did not provide them her work phone, but told them she is not at home from 8am to 11pm, but they kept calling, I got tired of telling them that, I started to answer in Spanish and they hang up, I think they do not want to go through someone that won't understand them. It works cool, Alo alo then after 3 hours they try again, I do the same, but I hope they just don't call anymore.

I received 23 calls from these "people" today. I answered, told them I was NOT interested in the insurance. They asked why, and I honestly told them. I just got out of the hospital, diagnosed with liver cancer. They started laughing, and said I really need the insurance. When I said it was NOT funny, but wanted my name removed, they were EXTREMELY rude and actually hostile. I called the bank, which was nice, but they said they have no control over these people. Who does? How can I get to their office to complain? I've been sick, but working, money is not that big an issue, my bills are paid. I simply want these jack a$$es to stop, and to give them a piece of my mind, can't spare much as I need all I have. The way they treat customers is ridiculous! As a group, we need to stop this nonsense.

Submitted by on Tue, 11/18/2008 - 19:16

DEAR FRIEND SOME BAD COLLECTORS ARE SO BAD THAT THEY
DID THE SOMETHING WITH ME IN THE PHONE WHEN I TOLD MY HUSBAND BECAME BLIND AND MENTALLY ILL EITHER.
THEY SMILED AND MAKE JOKES ABOUT MY HUSBAND.
THESE BAD PEOPLE WILL PAY VERY SOON ALL THE BAD THINGS THEY ARE DOING AGAINST GOOD PEOPLE THAT
GOT SICK.
GUEST I PRAY FOR YOU BE FREE OF YOUR CANCER.
GOD BLESSES YOU FRIEND.

Submitted by tsacgiv on Wed, 11/19/2008 - 13:03

tsacgiv

( Posts: 2106 | Credits: )

most of the time the companies have a back door phone line, try dialing 101 when you get a recorded answer...I have used this in the past and it worked

Submitted by on Fri, 12/05/2008 - 07:46

I am suppose to have block for all these calls.

Submitted by on Tue, 06/23/2009 - 14:46

I have no credit card and they called me. i couldn't hear them because i heard 2 different people cutting in and out. they woke me up. annoying

Submitted by on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 07:40

Thanks so much, this lady calls several times a day but she actually asks for my husband. We currently have a HSBC credit card with them I guess they are trying to sell us something. I have taken it off their telemarketing list hopefully this will help.

Submitted by on Fri, 12/04/2009 - 09:03

This is a great Greeting to Telephone Fraud Callers Who do not answer you or leave you a Messages - Any one of these should make them talk like chipmunks.
* CAN YOU PULL THAT LITTLE D*** OUT OF YOUR MOUTH AND MUMBLE ME A COUPLE WORDS AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF ?
* DO YOU REPORT ALL OF YOUR TELEPHONE FRAUD RIPOFFS TO YOUR PAROLE OFFICER EVERYDAY ?
* IS YOUR NEW VENERAL DISEASE PROBLEM STILL RAGING ? TRY PICKLES + PEANUT BUTTER ?
* HOW MUCH CASH DID YOU MAKE TODAY ON YOUR PHONY GREEN CARD SALES ?
* CAN YOU FIX THE NAME SPELLING MISTAKE YOU MADE ON MY LAST GREEN CARD ? THE POLICE OFFICER WAS A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS ?
* ARE YOU STILL BILKING AND STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY PEOPLE ?
* THEY CALL IT ELDERLY ABUSE WITH MANDATORY JAIL TIME ?
* CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR BEST VENERIAL DISEASE FORMULA ? I WAS HOPING THE PICKLES + PEANUT BUTTER WOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM ?
* HOW MANY ELDERLY PEOPLE DID YOU RIPOFF TODAY ?
* IS YOUR GRANDPA STILL A POLICE OFFICER ?
* DOES YOUR SEX MEMORY STILL REMEMBER THAT LAST BIG O ? HOW MANY YEARS ?
* WITH 20YEARS OF FAKING IT HAVE YOU BECAME A BETTER AT MAKING THE BIG FAKE LOOK REAL ? IS YOUR PARTNER REALLY VERY STUPID ?
* WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FELONY TELEPHONE FRAUD RIPOFF ?

Submitted by on Tue, 04/13/2010 - 15:41

Who is this HSBC, they call me 2-3 times daily, I pick up the phone because I want to find out who they are and what they want, the other end just clikcs 1-2 times and hangs up. When I call back I can never get thru to a real person. I do not have a credit card or account with this HSBC? Help, stop calling

Submitted by on Mon, 04/19/2010 - 22:22

this is hsbc if u have an accout with them its an automated call about programs they have for card holders unfortunatley it will keep calling untill someone answers to remove your number from list it does give u the option to stop these calls by calling back and press 2

Submitted by on Mon, 05/17/2010 - 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by The I See You Member
I have been unable to figure out who's number is 18004461022? It calls me 4 or 5 times a day and no one ever leaves a voice mail or when I am home I pick up the phone and no one is there.

Legitimate Business Companies Always Leave You a Message Because They Really Want To Talk to You and Are Calling You For a Specific and LEGITIMATE REASON.

CALLER ID # 800-446-1022 HAS THE "PERFECT CRIMINAL PROFILE" OF A VERY LONELY CHILD MOLESTOR AND PREDATOR WHO CALLS FROM HOME ALL DAY LONG EVERY DAY HOPING TO FIND A VICTIM AT HOME ALONE BY THEMSELVES - THIS IS WHY THEY WILL NOT TALK TO OR ANSWER YOU IF YOU ARE AN ADULT - YOU ARE NOT THEIR TARGET.

CALLER ID # 800-446-1022 IS USING BOGUS CALLER ID NUMBERS AND FAKE NAMES AND IS MOST LIKELY IN A "CM" NETWORK THAT BUYS - SELLS - TRADES & MAKES DEALS WITH THIS INFORMATION FOR THEIR "CM" GROUPS THROUGH OUT THE USA.
----- BEWARE EVERYONE ----- THIS IS A SCAM -----

Submitted by on Tue, 07/20/2010 - 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
18004461022 is from HSBC Card Services...telemarketing...call back the number and hit option #2....and remove your phone number from their list.....if you have an HSBC credit card that is probably where they got your number...

Thanks I was sick of it and they never leaved a message

Submitted by on Thu, 08/12/2010 - 16:00

Keep a Record of the Date and Time, they call you, and what the Phone Number is, Make sure your phone number is on the Do not Call List, if it is then turn it over to your State Attorney General's Office, and they will take care of it, to day, our S.A.G. has Sued them and they have had to pay over 375,000.00 in Fines and Court Fees

Submitted by on Sun, 03/13/2011 - 20:17