Share post
member profile picture

Who in the world is Jason from ASG, and why does he call several times a day, from unavailable #s, restricted #s, and I even got a phone call from him on 716-564-4905. He sounds very stern and states his name, company, and that he has a very urgent and important issue to discuss with me.

I screen my calls, NEVER answer an 800 # (since I'm working to get the debt under control with a dmp)...then listen to the voicemails, if they are left. It's getting irritating, and I'm a little nervous, but refuse to call him back.

I would suggest recording the calls (if legal in your state) and prepare to file suit for the fdcpa violations they are committing. You can also file complaints with your state Attorney General's office and the FTC.

Sub: #21 posted on Tue, 03/18/2008 - 21:45

JCEMT JCEMT
Moderators
(Posts: 2934 | Credits: )

presumably about neighbors who are in default about a loan. My credit is very good. I have no judgments nor am late on anything. My fico score is in the 800s as of last check. Prior to getting caller ID last month I was getting calls from an unknown collector concerning a neighbor whom I really do not know. they wanted a phone # or mw to go over to the house to c=ask them to call the agency. I refused to become involved. Now I am getting calls from ASG tha t I have not answered and someone approached my son outside of our house with an offer of $50 if he calls to report the presence of a certain car at the residence. I have asked the folks to no longer call me when I did answer, how do I get them to quit now?

Sub: #22 posted on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 18:22

Unregistered

I have never been in debt, yet I kept receiving calls from First Source Advantage, which I have found to be a debt recovering agency. These people, who do not speak English very well and are often difficult to understand, refuse to tell me straight forward what they want. They claim I have debts to be paid but never fully tell me what they are or who to speak to at that company. How do I get rid of their EVERYDAY phone calls, or atleast pay off these mysterious debts??? Please HELP!!!

Sub: #23 posted on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 20:13

Unregistered

I have never been in debt, yet I kept receiving calls from First Source Advantage, which I have found to be a debt recovering agency. These people, who do not speak English very well and are often difficult to understand, refuse to tell me straight forward what they want. They claim I have debts to be paid but never fully tell me what they are or who to speak to at that company. How do I get rid of their EVERYDAY phone calls, or atleast pay off these mysterious debts??? Please HELP!!!

Sub: #24 posted on Thu, 03/27/2008 - 20:13

Unregistered

To stop them from calling send them a written request not to contact you by phone, send it certified mail, return receipt requested.

Sub: #25 posted on Fri, 03/28/2008 - 06:49

JCEMT JCEMT
Moderators
(Posts: 2934 | Credits: )

I also had run ins with Jason, or also known as mr ZION... He called my house and said he was an old boyfriend, he called my work because the boys gave him my number and said he would keep calling me until I answered my phone at home, I told him that the charges he was calling for was not mine and if he could see the charges he would see they were not done by me,i told him the account was in dispute and he said he would keep bouncing it out of dispute and ruin my credit, he asked me to give him a post dated check and he would settle for half of the amount. I finally told his butt off and asked for a supervisor, their wasnt one in that day, so i kept calling back unitl i got a lady and told her of course i was fuming mad and hse said he was their top person in getting people to pay their bills and yes there were times he went to far.... He violated every single line on the cant do list for credit collections, I had the recording taped on my phone at work and kept it there for 1 year, then they update and I didnt need it anymore so they erased it and then ASG sold my account to LNVN who started it again they served me papers on easter, I didnt read the bottom of the paper that said a phone call wont save you. so I called the attorney and explained to him that it wasnt my charges. he said well I will request verification and when it comes in we will review it... I figured the worst would be court and that was 8 months away, well 6 weeks ;ater i got papers in the mail that said they got a judgement against me and they were going to attach my wages and my hr person said they could go and 1 time take all the money in my checking account... some one please help me,,,,what do i do... I went to the credit reporting on line and saw they had so much miss information so i corrected that, had me living at three places that i didnt live.. etc..but now what........... :twisted:

Sub: #26 posted on Mon, 09/15/2008 - 19:51

Unregistered

Is AGS the same as First Source ??

Sub: #27 posted on Thu, 06/17/2010 - 14:53

Unregistered

Sub: #28 posted on Wed, 11/28/2018 - 05:37

Unregistered

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.148 seconds.