Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Collection agencies and creditors forums

National Credit Adjusters - What do consumers allege against them?

member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

Sorry I havent been around in a while, but any help on this would be great. I had an internet pdl that defaulted many months ago for I lost my job. The pdl was UPFRONTPAYDAY.COM. They had sold my debt to a collection agency called National Credit Adjusters. My loan was for $300 and they now want $760. My issue is that the collection agency reported it on my credit report. When I filed a dispute with Experian, they came back to me saying they looked into my dispute and according to the collection agency it is a valid debt. How can I get this off my Credit Report legally since the IPDL is illegal in my state of New Jersey.

i dont know anything about bankrupcy. but i am sure one of the senior members can help you out on that one.

Sub: #21 posted on Fri, 12/18/2009 - 12:26

RWILLIAMS RWILLIAMS

(Posts: 129 | Credits: )

yes tell them IF they call that you will be filing and once you do file, give your attorneys name. Most likely they will keep calling until you do file but once you do they have to stop calling.

Sub: #22 posted on Fri, 12/18/2009 - 17:12

Unregistered

I had sent NCA a cease and esist letter and then 6 months later they put negative info on my credit report and I disputed and it was removed now another 3 1/2 months later I get a letting in the mail stating the enclosed in a the inof I request back on Sept. 8, 09 (the letter I sent stated I need something in writing within 30 days it has been almost 120 days) and says that they expect payment in their office on 12/31/09. Can they do this. The company they are trying to collect for was not licesned in my state and I have paid back prinicple and some intrest. Shoudl I call them or send them another c & d letter?

Confused.....

Sub: #23 posted on Mon, 12/21/2009 - 06:39

Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I had sent NCA a cease and esist letter and then 6 months later they put negative info on my credit report and I disputed and it was removed now another 3 1/2 months later I get a letting in the mail stating the enclosed in a the inof I request back on Sept. 8, 09 (the letter I sent stated I need something in writing within 30 days it has been almost 120 days) and says that they expect payment in their office on 12/31/09. Can they do this. The company they are trying to collect for was not licesned in my state and I have paid back prinicple and some intrest. Shoudl I call them or send them another c & d letter?

Confused.....

a c&d is only temporary in certain respects.you should have sent a DV(debt validation)letter.it makes them prove that not only you owe the debt,but that they are legally entitled to collect.basically it's a dispute letter,but with more teeth.they would have been stopped in their tracks with a DV letter.send the DV letter.send it certified mail return receipt.

Sub: #24 posted on Mon, 12/21/2009 - 06:46

paulmergel paulmergel
Moderators Cum Industry Expert
(Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I did get a debit validation letter from them this past Sat. I had requested this info back in Sept. but the company that was the original creditor CMG Group was not licesned in my state which is OK. I have paid back all the principal plus a little interest and what they are trying to collect on is interest only. Do they have any grounds to collect on the interest?

What should I do at this point.

Sub: #25 posted on Mon, 12/21/2009 - 07:20

Unregistered

what did they give as validation?no they don't have any right to collect on an illegal debt period.even if you didn't pay the principle you would only be liable for that only.no interest.i would file an AG complaint and not pay them a dime.i doubt they properly validated an illegal debt.

Sub: #26 posted on Mon, 12/21/2009 - 07:24

paulmergel paulmergel

In what NCA sent me was a debit validation letter which i requested almost 4 motnhs ago. Original creditor is illegal and not licensed in my state of OK. I have paid back prinicpal plus some interest what they are trying to collect is interest. What shoudl I do at this point? I don't owe the money as I took advice from this site and only paid the principal.

Sub: #27 posted on Mon, 12/21/2009 - 07:34

Unregistered

thanks I dont think they properly validated the debt either but I wasnt sure what I should do at this point. Thanks for the advice I will file a complaint with the AG. Should I call NCA and tell them I am filing a complaint or just not call them at all?

Sorry double posted previous comment.

Sub: #28 posted on Mon, 12/21/2009 - 07:36

Unregistered

i wouldn't talk to them further.let your AG handle it from here.

Sub: #29 posted on Mon, 12/21/2009 - 07:51

paulmergel paulmergel

should I call NCA and tell them I am filing a complaint against them with my AG and the BBB? or not call at all?

Sub: #30 posted on Mon, 12/21/2009 - 09:05

Unregistered

Page loaded in 1.516 seconds.