Skip to main content
index page

Which Debt Settlement Company are GOOD (names PLS)

Submitted by on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 11:37
Credits:
[Donate]

I have been going through so many of these forums trying to find the best debt settlement company to go with. I have about 93k in unsecured debt and I need to do something FAST. Most of the forums do not recommend any specific companies and when someone does recommend one someone laters complains about them. I need some honest recommendation from people that have been through it before. Thanks you.

Please provide any info you have on the company.

i pm'd mobile,am bumping this up.he should be able to recommend unbiasdly a few places.no place is perfect.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 11:56

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

DebtHelp,

unless you are going to come up with about 45K to cover debt settlements and you are about three months delinquent debt settlement will only get you deeper in debt. that is way too much debt to handle at one time, like I said before unless you are able to come of with large amounts at a time. Debt settlement will not help if you will not come up with $$$, interest, late fees, etc... will kill you if you decide to negotiate on your entire debt amount.

debt settlement companies fees will cripple you for the first three months on retainer fee alone, not to mention commission fees. Best advise, speak to a lawyer in your state, I know it does not sound good, but you are probably better off filling for BK. Good luck.

P.S:

Debt settlement is for people that can come up with chunks of change to settle accounts ASAP!

Submitted by on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 12:10

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I????m not a lawyer. You people are way to happy to get people to join debt settlement companies, i have nothing against debt settlement or consolidation as long as people understand what they are getting themselves into.

FYI I????m a debt negotiator little devil. I know what can happen to a person with 93 thousand dollars worth of debt and no money to settle. You might as well send this person to the firing squad, the only thing that will keep him/her from losing their undergarments is $$$$, and fast.

Next time you open your mouth make sure you know what you are talking about. Like I said before speak to a lawyer in your state, I know it does not sound good, but this person is probably better off filling for BK.

I don????t know what you do for a living paulmergel but this person with this much debt is a perfect candidiate for lawsuits, garnishments, etc... This person is fighting a war against time with that much debt to settle, let alone paying a debt settlement company thier fees. I????m not against debt settlement, simply everyone that comes here asking for debt settlement advise is not fit for debt settlement and in this case unless this person comes up with funds they are going to end up in hte poor house!

Submitted by on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 12:28

Sorry Paul , was busy at work. I would suggest that you shop around and compare different companies. These companies are members of the BBB and TASC or USOBA. New Beginnings debt settlement LLC , Superior debt relief , and Century Negotiations, and Oak View Law. These are by no means the only top companies but certainly some of the best. This should at least point you in the right direction.

Submitted by mobile0311 on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 12:32

mobile0311

( Posts: 1817 | Credits: )

I am also a negotiator and have been for many years. Sorry but I disagree with you. Typically the risks of judgments are very low " around 1%-2 %" as long as the client is doing a 36 month program or less. When a law suit does happen , usually the usually the purpose of a law suit is to force a settlement. Obviously faster is better but its not necessary to come up with all that money in three months. When one start to go delinquent on a debt the original creditor will try and collect on it for around 120-180 days . If it has not settled at that time it will go to a third party collection agency. They will try and collection on it for several months and then usually pass it to another 3rd party and so on and so forth until it gets near the statute of limitations before they sue. Their are always exceptions to the rule but thats usually the case.

Submitted by mobile0311 on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 12:48

mobile0311

( Posts: 1817 | Credits: )

Bottom line, how much extra in fees will be accrued? I guarantee at least one of his creditors will take him to court. Unless this person comes up with $$$ he will be in the poor house, trust me! Please tell people the truth, you sound like many debt settlement company owners, get him in we will figure it out later. Very sad!

Again, please read there is nothing wrong with debt settlement, it truly works. this persons situation needs to be analyzed and of course every debt settlement company in America is drooling to bring this person in for the fees!

Submitted by on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 12:54

Quote:

why is this gentleman allowed to mention company names on this forum, is that not the same as advertising?

He gave a list of companies which is not the same thing as advertising. It would be similar to someone asking what is this best headache medecine and someone else responding they think Tylenol, Bayer, Advil and Excedrin are all good brands but you will have to do your own research to decide for yourself. Nice try on the setup question though Jedi. It is kind of cool you have so many professions too.

Submitted by DOLLARSandSINCE on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 13:15

DOLLARSandSINCE

( Posts: 1078 | Credits: )

I give up, you guys keep sending nice honest Americans to have their money misplaced by the companies you wish, that is your business. I for one have a conscience and I will not endorse any companies, I only ask people to do their due dilligence and decide for themselves, they are not children they can find their own debt programs with out any help.

Submitted by on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 13:33

Well I am a DIY fan and I think you will find it an impossible task to find even 1 single company I have endorsed to be used as debt settlement. Personally I think they cost to much and the risk is to great at getting a bad one but I do understand why people use them. Those that choose to use them can only look at past performance as an indicator so if a company decides to go rogue then what are you going to do. It is very difficult to predict the future.

Submitted by DOLLARSandSINCE on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 14:12

DOLLARSandSINCE

( Posts: 1078 | Credits: )

Jedi, did you maybe miss the fact that this person specifically asked for names (names PLS)? The thread is open to anyone who wants to chime in with an opinion, including you. And it's open to anyone who wants to chime in with a name, as long as they are not advertising. And how in the world can you "guarantee" that this person will be sued?? :shock:

DebtHelp, I would also be very careful about choosing a debt settlement company. Some of them do charge very high fees, and usually they collect their fees up front, before any settlements are actually negotiated. I'm not sure of specific companies, but maybe you could look for either a company or an attorney who would only charge you based on actual settlements made. Also, be very sure to do your research since there are a lot of companies tht are not reputable.

As Dollars says, you could also consider doing it yourself. There seem to be many more people on this site who have had good results doing it on their own than by using a company. The good side of that would be that if you do it yourseld, and one of your creditors does decide to sue you and you are unable to work anything out with them, then you do still have the option of filiing BK, without having already paid a lot of fees to a settlement company.

Good luck!

Submitted by alias1958 on Tue, 08/19/2008 - 15:29

alias1958

( Posts: 1230 | Credits: )