Skip to main content
index page

Need some input!

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Wed, 04/23/2014 - 16:00
Credits:
[Donate]

Can't pay everything - considering defaulting on credit cards - how long do I normally have before they try to sue? Can anyone recommend a good debt consolidation or debt management company that is on the up and up without huge fees.. cause obviously if I can't cover all the payments - I can't handle additional fees.

My past experience has shown that First Premier can be hard core.But bear in mind that if they were to sue, they would have to file with the courts, which as we all know can take time. Do you have big balances? That would be an issue too. But remember, your friends are here for you!

Submitted by kscornell on Sat, 04/26/2014 - 16:01

kscornell

( Posts: 4407 | Credits: )

Not really big - just not something I can handle paying off.. I have not been even late until now.. so I know it will be a little while.. I just wasn't sure how long it takes to get to the point of them wanting to sue.. It is nice that I have you guys to at least vent to.. :)
It just came to the point with me only working and my husband getting work were can.. that I decided it is time to decide what things are important to pay and what can well wait for a little while..

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Sat, 04/26/2014 - 19:17

HelpinAZ

( Posts: 1870 | Credits: )

I am old school and always advise honesty when dealing with a legal creditor. Has your employment status changed? If so, some places might have programs to help. Good luck--you deserve it!

Submitted by kscornell on Thu, 04/24/2014 - 18:35

kscornell

It should be awhile then and they can always send you a deal if it comes to that, but make sure it's something you can live with. And vent away, baby. That's what we're here for!

Submitted by kscornell on Sun, 04/27/2014 - 15:17

kscornell

Depends upon the creditors. Usually, they place your accounts into collection agencies before filing a lawsuit against you. Lawsuits involve extra expenses. So, creditors often try to avoid that.

Try negotiating with creditors on your own first.

Submitted by ditchdebt on Thu, 04/24/2014 - 05:42

ditchdebt

( Posts: 675 | Credits: )

About 8 years ago, i used Money Management International. They were pretty reasonable and did help me get out of debt. They also stated that fees were negotiable and could be reduced if you could not pay. Hope this still holds true. Get in touch with them as I was pleased with their service. They are on the web. Good Luck!

Submitted by bingonut on Thu, 04/24/2014 - 06:03

bingonut

( Posts: 1428 | Credits: )

what cards do you have,and what are the balances?i can say from freinds,and what i read here discover,amex,and cap1 are aggressive when it comes to suing.look around here and see what others have done on what cards/creditors you have.i know you will get through this in a big way!

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 04/25/2014 - 05:42

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

people i work with knew about my pdl's as they helped with the calls from cretins.sadly despite my troubles some got into the trap as they thought it wouldn't happen to them.to quote "that happened to you but it won't to me things like that happen to somebody else"well we are somebody else to somebody else.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 05/06/2014 - 06:40

paulmergel

i deleted the unregistered idiot.you want to shill for a scam do it elsewhere.got it.good!

Submitted by paulmergel on Thu, 05/08/2014 - 09:42

paulmergel

C1, GE Capital, and 1st Premier.. maybe Fingerhut

Thanks for the vote of confidence.. I needed that!! I just have to decide who is important to give money to for a few months and well who isn't :)

I am just going to put them - payment wise on the back burner a little... I am more curious how fast they sue?

Submitted by HelpinAZ on Fri, 04/25/2014 - 15:09

HelpinAZ

( Posts: 1870 | Credits: )