Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums US tax system and impact on debt forums

Get an automatic extension of time to file your taxes

member profile picture

Posts: 3172
Credits: 0

If you need an extension of time to file your Federal income tax, it's really easy to do. Here's how:

First, do not pay anybody to file it for you. You can do it yourself in minutes, for free.

Second, don't be taken in by some company claiming that they have an 'in' with the IRS that will guarantee your request for an extension is approved. All requests for extension of time to file are automatically approved.

Ready? OK...

To file an extension request by mail, go to the IRS website, and download Form 4868. Fill it out, and mail it in.

To e-file an extension request, got to the e-file page on the IRS website. Click on 'Individual Taxpayers', and read on.

Voila! Instant six-month extension.

Well done! Unclewulf

Sub: #1 posted on Thu, 02/25/2010 - 10:17

kalevala316 kalevala316

(Posts: 139 | Credits: )

Please be aware that filing an extension does not extend the time to pay. If you owe federal taxes the payment is due on 4/18/2011.

Sub: #2 posted on Fri, 04/08/2011 - 16:18


(Posts: 329 | Credits: )

More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.769 seconds.