Share post
Debt Consolidation Forums Question of the month forums

How are you managing your finances to pay the utility bills during the current situation of rising prices and sagging economic condition?

member profile picture
Credits: 0
[Donate]

Prices of fuel along with our daily necessities are rising. It is becoming that more difficult for us to pay the utility bills on time. How are you managing your finances to pay the utility bills? Share the ways that you have devised to pay your utility bills on time.

I pay Utility bills first. I prioritze by importance to living. If I have to make a bill wait it will be a credit card bill.

Sub: #11 posted on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 10:28

Eric1218043686 Eric1218043686

(Posts: 1 | Credits: )

I am managing my finances to pay the utility bills by doing without some personal things such as getting my nails done and getting my hair done only once a month or longer. I am now riding the bus to work to save on gas as much as possible. To pay utility bills on time, I have placed each one in my date due file book at least 5 days ahead of payment due date - then call and may the payment through phone by pay. I am praying for some relief.

Sub: #12 posted on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 11:28

Sylvia Shackelford Sylvia Shackelford

I have really just became more consious of how much energy I use. I try to turn off lights and keep the air off. This makes the bills lighter. I also try to pick up any extra jobs or overtime to try to increase my income.

Sub: #13 posted on Wed, 08/06/2008 - 15:46

jodymarie1979 jodymarie1979

(Posts: 20 | Credits: )

Utlities are a necessity. You should always pay your necesseties first, then figure out a way to get the non necessities paid.

Sub: #14 posted on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 10:15

goudah2424 goudah2424

(Posts: 7936 | Credits: )

I have changed my lifestyle. Fortunately, I live by myself so it wasn't very hard. I don't use my airconditioning, I use floor fans. I light one light at night and use a flashlight if I need to go into another room for a minute or two. I try to cook up several things over the weekend when I have the oven on and eat on them during the week. I've changed my hours at work so I miss most of the early and evening rush hours. This allows me to take it slower driving (every 5 mph lower results in saving gas) and since I live in an area with hills when I come to a decline I take my foot off the gas and coast down. Almost like the hybrid concept.

Sub: #15 posted on Thu, 08/07/2008 - 11:03

cparks1948 cparks1948

(Posts: 3 | Credits: )

I have made sure that I am on a budget plan for all of the utilities that allow it (gas and electric). This way, it comes out to the exact amount in my budget each month and there are no summer and winter surprises. Thus far, I have never ended up owing any extra at the end of the year. Additionally, I cut back on cooking in my oven by using my propane grill as an oven whenever I can. I have gone through one $16 tank of propane this year and noticed a marked decrease in my cooking gas bills over previous.

Sub: #16 posted on Fri, 08/08/2008 - 09:25

drburr drburr

(Posts: 108 | Credits: )

I am managing my finances during the current situation of rising prices and sagging economic condition by paying my utilities bills online to cut travel cost. Using more plug-in lights instead of the panel switches to save on electrical lights and on AC by plug in fans for home cooling. For appliances for cooking using slow cooker and microwave. This cut utilities in my household by a lot.

Sub: #17 posted on Sat, 08/09/2008 - 11:58

divineurbangroup divineurbangroup

i called for entergy they have a program for people on a buget i applied now i only 50 a month on my entergy bill and my other bills also. i put my needs in front of my wants. some entertainment can be avoided its not a need.....you budget your money u sit down and you set how much u want your bills to be set your thermostat to 78 degree and that lowers your bills (entergy) and water if u have a washing machine dont run it as much only do so many loads oout in a week

Sub: #18 posted on Sat, 08/09/2008 - 14:56

www.diamondprincezz000000 www.diamondprincezz000000

I am lucky in this environment that my job is still booming. My boss pays for my job travels & I drive a fuel efficient truck. My wife has a large vehicle so we have started planning out her travels to maximize the number of stops for groceries & supplies. If she is not shopping we leave her truck parked as it is a gas hog. We have also installed a clothes line outside to cut down on energy costs associated with our electric dryer.

Sub: #19 posted on Sun, 08/10/2008 - 04:03

cajunbulldog cajunbulldog
Moderators
(Posts: 4859 | Credits: )

Not having enough income to pay all my monthly expenses, I've started going to garage sales to buy de-humidifiers cheap, then turning around and selling them for a profit of $25-$30. It's called "Making your own extra income". So far it's working. I already work 2 other part-time jobs. This is the third. You've got to do, what you've got to do. Sincerely, Gary Sommerville

Sub: #20 posted on Sun, 08/10/2008 - 06:31

Gary Sommerville Gary Sommerville

Attachment
More information
  • Files must be less than 500 MB.
  • Allowed file types: txt pdf jpg jpeg png.

Page loaded in 0.813 seconds.