Tax relief checks - When will I receive my Stimulus Check?

Most consumers qualifying for IRS tax relief checks may be thinking "Where is my Stimulus Check Payment?" Well, if you didn't receive the Economic Stimulus Check in 2008 due to an error in filing the return or you didn't file for the payment because you weren't sure whether you would qualify, there's a chance you may get the tax relief check in 2009. The 2008 IRS Stimulus Check (Government Stimulus Checks) that you receive in 2009 is known as IRS Recovery Rebate Credit.

Who gets Stimulus Check 2008 in the year 2009?

Only those who satisfy the following criteria are eligible to receive IRS Recovery Rebate Credit (IRS Stimulus Rebate Check) or 2008 Stimulus tax relief checks in 2009.

  • You and your family members should have valid Social Security numbers.
  • You or your family should have at least $3000 in qualifying income from, or in combination with your earnings, Social Security benefits, VA benefits and Railroad Retirement benefits. Supplement Security Income or SSI is not considered as qualifying income.
  • Neither you nor your family members are dependent or eligible to be dependent on someone else's federal tax return.
  • You filed a 2007 tax return but you didn't qualify for a rebate.
  • You filed a 2007 tax return but you qualified for less than the full amount.
  • A change in your financial situation in 2008 is likely to make you eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit in 2009.

IRS tax Stimulus Checks - What amount can I get?

The amount you'll receive through the tax relief checks depends upon whether you got the full Stimulus Payment or only a partial amount in the year 2008, your income in 2008 and federal taxes you owed in 2008.

IRS Recovery Rebate amount you may get:

  • $300 if you've received at least $3000 in Social Security and nontaxable veteran benefits.
  • $600 per person if you're a single filer and have received $3000 as wages in 2008.
  • $1200 if you're married filing jointly and have earned $3000 as wages.
  • An amount equal to your tax liability if you're single and have paid more than $300 but less than $600 on 2008 returns.
  • Rebate equal to your tax liability if you're married and have paid more than $600 but less than $1200 towards 2008 returns.
  • $300 for each child (aged 17 years or younger claimed on 2007 return) you have.

The best way to find out how much you'll receive is to use the Recovery Rebate Calculator available at the IRS website.

How will I get Stimulus tax relief checks?

Those who're thinking "Where is my Stimulus Check?" must be waiting for their 2008 Government Stimulus Checks or IRS Recovery Rebate Credit to be sent via tax relief checks. But, the payment will not be sent in the form of mailed check or direct deposit into your bank account. You'll receive the payment along with your 2008 tax refund. You will have to fill out Form 1040, 1040A or 1040Z in order to claim the tax relief refund check or IRS Recovery Rebate Credit.

When will I receive my Stimulus Check?

"When will I receive my Economic Stimulus Check?" - If this is what you're thinking, well then, check how long it is before you've filed your tax returns. You're likely to receive the Recovery Rebate Credit or 2008 Stimulus Payment in 2009 within 6-8 weeks of filing your tax returns.

Several taxpayers have the query "When will I get my Stimulus Check?" or "When can I expect my tax relief check?". They need to make sure that they have filed their returns by October 15 in order to get the 2008 Stimulus tax relief checks within the year 2009. Those who are thinking "When will I receive my tax relief check?" or "When is my tax relief check coming?" should check their IRS tax refund status.

How do I check the IRS tax refund status?

The IRS has developed "Where's My Refund Home" section in their website, especially for those who've filed their returns and are thinking "Where is my Stimulus Check?" or "When will I receive my Stimulus Check?". All you need to do is provide the details required to check the IRS tax relief check status with the help of this section.

Where is my Stimulus Check 2009?

2009 Stimulus Checks (2009 Economic Stimulus Checks) will not be available. Instead, the Federal Government will offer a payroll tax credit to workers and self-employed individuals for the year 2009 and 2010. Single taxpayers will receive $400 a year and couples filing jointly will get $800. This benefit is offered under the Making Work Pay tax credit program.

The tax relief checks help to reduce your tax burden and provide you with extra funds. The best thing about the IRS Tax Stimulus Checks (Recovery Rebate Credit) is that they aren't taxable. Moreover, you won't have to pay back the money to the IRS.

Last Updated on: Fri, 4 Sep 2015