Skip to main content
index page

Planning to return US after 10 years

Submitted by on Fri, 07/08/2005 - 06:36
Credits:
[Donate]

I am planning to return US after 10 years. I paid to credit agency to get credit report through someone in US. However credit agency could not give me the credit report becuase they could not verify my details.

What should I do to get my credit report. I do not have US address or phone number.

please help.

In most cases paid accounts remain on file for only 7 years from the date closed if they contain any negative issues. On the other hand if an account is paid and does not contain any negative issues, the account would remain on your file only for ten years from the date closed.

Let me find out what else can be done on this issue.

Thanks
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 07/08/2005 - 11:12

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

Roxette,

I would greatly apprecite your help. I left country in extreme circumstances. Now I do not have any US address or phone number. I asked one of my friend to pay for credit report. I called Credit Agency from here, they denied giving report and refunded payment.

Regards
Peereet Hoon

Submitted by on Fri, 07/08/2005 - 17:44

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Five years ago I paid my student loan and federal taxes due. So I am all right there.

I bought an apartment. I paid mortagage and maintenance on time for appx. ten years. Then I ran in difficulties. I considered Bankruptcy but some people advised against it. Therefore I left country without any communication with the bank. I do not know what would have happened to the apartment I owned.

This is my biggest worry before I return. This is the reason I want to see my credit card report.

Kindly help

Submitted by peereethoon on Fri, 07/08/2005 - 18:53

peereethoon

( Posts: | Credits: )

OK, I got my credit report. I do not see much of a problem. However I do see a civil judgement, I am sure due to apartment. It has a name of a Finance company and entered date of 1998, amount is unknown. I do not know this company.

How do I deal with this situation. I also see some collection company inquiries as recent as 2004.

Please help how to handle matter.

Submitted by on Sat, 07/09/2005 - 08:47

Hi Peereet

It seems that you will be faced with legal actions as a judgment has been entered. Make sure that your collection agency validates your debts first, before you start making any payment. debt validation is your legal weapon and you should be aware of the total amount that you will be paying. It will show you all the calculation of interests, the account details, the original creditors, and the paper that will prove that this debt has passed on from the creditor to the mentioned collection agency.

In cases of judgment, it is considered legal if they have sent a notice to you. Make sure that you receive that notice of judgment before you start paying your past debt.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Sat, 07/09/2005 - 12:54

roxette

I searched for this company in google and at this forums however I could not find them anywhere. How to I begin search of the company listed in Credit Report.

Also this judgement effects my ability to get a credit card and build credit history.

Thanks again

Submitted by on Sat, 07/09/2005 - 16:57

Please note, my name is Judd Volk, and while I am the the President of Celtic Financial Group, I am not at all affiliated with Celtic Financial Services, which is the company that messes up people's credit and does not want to be found. I receive at least 2 calls per week from people thinking I am the other Celtic Financial, but unfortunately I cannot help them. I have sent emails to news agencies to try and flush this other company out, but no one has contacted me about this.

Submitted by on Wed, 09/07/2005 - 12:29

Hi Judd Volk

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for this update and sorry that you have been put in the wrong side.

I hope that we will definitely hear some quick action against Celtic Financial Services who mess up people's credit.

Thanks for the update once again

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Wed, 09/07/2005 - 13:27

roxette

I've been helping people for over 15 years and this situation comes up so often.

For whatever reason, a person pays all their debt, or not, then leaves the country to come back in 7-10 years. Upon returning they believe their credit will be great!

Little do they understand that it will take a good 6 months to 2 years before they can reach a score of 640 or better. There are ways to improve credit in less time but I'll save that for later.

If your intention is to leave, with or without filing for bankruptcy (hopefully without filing) and return 7 ??? 10 years later in order to ???Start Fresh??? or have a ???Good Record??? you need to include 1 little step.

ACTIVITY.

The best way is to give a close friend or family member your debit card and have them use it until your return. NOT JUST ANY DEBIT CARD WILL DO.
There are only 3 cards that will report to The Big Three. Your bank debit card, store card, or Credit Union card will only report if you're late or overdrawn. If you do not believe me call the number on the back of your card and ask, ???Do you report my purchases or usage to the credit bureaus???? Their answer will be NO.

If you invested in a card to do just that I'm sorry to say not only have you not done your due diligence as well as you thought you did but you've wasted time and money. If your card does report to The Big Three please call me so that I may pass the name on to others need it.

Good luck

Donald Martin
The Credit Advocate

[color=red][size=2][Link made inactive as per forum rules-Mike][/size][/color]

Submitted by DonaldGMartin on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 21:40

DonaldGMartin

( Posts: 9 | Credits: )

Donald gave some good helpful advice to me and I hope the information you get helps you out on your return ....

Submitted by chmartinbaby06 on Thu, 09/08/2005 - 22:29

chmartinbaby06

( Posts: 381 | Credits: )