Skip to main content
index page

Need help finding information

Submitted by kchahn on Mon, 07/25/2005 - 17:07
Credits:
[Donate]

All,
I need to find information regarding a telephone number that shows up 1-2 times daily, on CallerID 480-722-7820.
Problem is, this call always comes in during the middle of the night! Well....MY night anyway. Work 8PM to 6AM, sleeping all day. Keep answering machine and phone ringer OFF, to avoid these kind of unnecessary calls.

I've tried several different search options on the number, all with no luck.

Also wondering about another letter recently recieved.
This one from an Evergreen Professional Recoveries.
They claimed I owed about $500 or so to USBank. I scribbled some notes on their letter, staing that they had to prove the claim, and that they were also involving me in PROVEN frauedulent activities and I wanted no part of it.

I recieved a letter from them stating they had canceled the account. I'm planning on sending a letter back, requesting written information on the account etc...But also thought I'd ask here first!
Again, any help and information is appreciated.
Thanks,

Keith

Hi kchahn
Welcome to the forums

The telephone number from which you are receiving the call has to be found out from the telephone directory.
If you go on receiving calls from the same number harassing you in the middle of the night then you can lodge a complain in your local police station.
In respect to the debt you owe to the US bank the collection agency has to validate the debt first.

Please ask them to validate your debt. As per the federal law they are bound to send you a response within 5 days after the initial communication with you. And if there is any dispute in the amount of debt then you are required to send in writing within 30 days of receiving the notice from the debt collector. So please before paying a single dollar confirm your amount of debt from them.

In addition if they resort to unfair means then fdcpa is on your side as it has clear provisions stating that if the debt collector or the collection agency resorts to any unfair means then the collection agency or the borrower will be heavily punished. Please do not feel lonely as the total community is with you.

Please feel free to write back with further queries

Regards
Peter.

Submitted by peter on Wed, 07/27/2005 - 03:42

peter

( Posts: 285 | Credits: )

I work 3rd shift - 8PM to 6AM. So, the middle of my night is usually from 8AM and 5PM. Time does vary a bit.
I leave for work by 7:15PM. Any call(s) recieved are usually mid-day, or the middle of MY night.
Can't afford to be interupted by unnecessary phone calls. Almost always the kind with absolutely NO relavent information given. Because of my work schedule, I keep my answering machine turned OFF, as well as the ringer to my phone.

Have reactivated a phone recently, as I'm in the process of looking for a better job.

Keith

Submitted by kchahn on Wed, 07/27/2005 - 06:50

kchahn

( Posts: 167 | Credits: )

Have you tried calling the number????

[quote=kchahn]I work 3rd shift - 8PM to 6AM. So, the middle of my night is usually from 8AM and 5PM. Time does vary a bit.
I leave for work by 7:15PM. Any call(s) recieved are usually mid-day, or the middle of MY night.
Can't afford to be interupted by unnecessary phone calls. Almost always the kind with absolutely NO relavent information given. Because of my work schedule, I keep my answering machine turned OFF, as well as the ringer to my phone.

Have reactivated a phone recently, as I'm in the process of looking for a better job.

Keith[/quote]

Submitted by vwh on Wed, 07/27/2005 - 07:02

vwh

( Posts: 124 | Credits: )

Canceled my Long Distance phone service a while back.
After they decided to start charging me for it, with no warning or written notice. Also have NO intent on discussing anything with anyone over the phone. As far as I'm concerned, if they gotta talk to me, they'll have do it in writing only.

Keith

Submitted by kchahn on Wed, 07/27/2005 - 16:53

kchahn

( Posts: 167 | Credits: )

Then why are you worried about it?

[quote=kchahn]Canceled my Long Distance phone service a while back.
After they decided to start charging me for it, with no warning or written notice. Also have NO intent on discussing anything with anyone over the phone. As far as I'm concerned, if they gotta talk to me, they'll have do it in writing only.

Keith[/quote]

Submitted by vwh on Thu, 07/28/2005 - 06:15

vwh

( Posts: 124 | Credits: )

Allied Interstae Collection Agenct in Arizona.

They do the same thing to me and I called and had my number removed.

Submitted by on Mon, 10/10/2005 - 13:32

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I keep receiving calls from this number and when I answer someone just starts laughing and hangs up this has to stop I can't shut off the ringer because my 83 year old mother needs to reach me at all times what can I do.

Submitted by on Wed, 10/12/2005 - 08:50

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi Shirley

Welcome to the forums.

The number from which you are getting the call belongs to allied interstate collection agency in Arizona. Please write a cease and desist letter at the following address and send it through certified mail with return receipt requested.

Allied Interstate, Inc. , 55 North Arizona Place, Ste. 505 Chandler AZ 85225- , (480) 722-7810

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Wed, 10/12/2005 - 11:08

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )