Skip to main content
index page

Help

Submitted by brettmp029 on Mon, 05/09/2005 - 20:41
[Donate]

I settled an account I have in collection. The agency offerd a 50% settlement which I paid. They came back today and said the creditor did not authorize the settlement and I need to pay the remaining- they admit it was their error. What can I do?

Hi brettmp029,

Welcome to the forums.

Quote:

I settled an account I have in collection. The agency offerd a 50% settlement which I paid. They came back today and said the creditor did not authorize the settlement and I need to pay the remaining- they admit it was their error. What can I do?

This is really unnecessary harassment that you are forced to encounter.:(

There is no way that you can be held responsible for this complication. The debt settlement company is responsible for this and they have to take up the responsibility.

If they have given you any written document about the 50% debt settlement1 offer than preserve it with care. You might require it.

Next convince the debt settlement company that they are bound to settle this dispute on terms that they had promised you earlier. If they disagree, then you can take the help of an attorney to solve the matter.

Be sure that the law is at your side. So just negotiate tactfully with enough determination. It is very important at this moment to keep your cool.8)

For any further assistance feel free to contact us. We are there for you. Keep in touch and kindly update about the happenings and share your experience with us.

Regards,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Tue, 05/10/2005 - 02:53

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

I no longer have the document, I assumed once I paid it and called to confirm that it was closed that is all I needed. Are they required to fax me a copy of the offer? I have left the manager a message.

Submitted by brettmp029 on Tue, 05/10/2005 - 08:56

brettmp029

( Posts: | Credits: )

[quote=brettmp029]I no longer have the document, I assumed once I paid it and called to confirm that it was closed that is all I needed. Are they required to fax me a copy of the offer? I have left the manager a message.[/quote]

ALWAYS keep such evidence of agreements.

Otherwise it is a "he said/she said" agrument and comes down to who do you believe.

When you say you no longer have the document, did you throw it awy or just misplaced it?

Jerry

Submitted by jtucker on Tue, 05/10/2005 - 09:04

jtucker

( Posts: 114 | Credits: )

Hi brettmp029

You will have to make yourself stronger and file a case against them. But in order to make yourself in the strongest side, you need to have evidences to claim it. Otherwise, your case will become weak. So, please search for the papers. It is very urgent.

Thanks with regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Tue, 05/10/2005 - 09:46

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )