Skip to main content
index page

Dropping in to Say Hi

Submitted by 2nband on Tue, 08/12/2008 - 09:16
Credits:
[Donate]

Hey all ~ sorry for not being around very much lately. Been kind of a hectic time right now for us. So much going on I don't know whether I am coming or going. Let me see if I can fill you in a bit:

My husband lost his part time job ~ was fired because he told them they had to quit calling him at his main job about things and that his other job was his main job and that they were told before that, and some other things, and they said, ok, your fired. He was so mad!!!! So that is $400 a month we lost, which does hurt. Right now he is not allowed to get any overtime at his main job, which with him loosing his 2nd job, hurts. He is looking for another parttime job but he found out that the job he just got let go from, they put him as not eligble for rehire! Nothing really to do with his work performance, just insubordination! He blew up! He would work later if he could would go in on his days off to help fix the floor machine (and not charge out the time), sometimes even go in on his day off to work when they needed someone. So that is one thing.

One of my dogs has bone cancer and artheritis and she has been going down hill fast and we have scheduled a day to put her out of her pain. We are doing this the 29th of this month. Emotions have been pretty high around the house with seeing her deteriorate and now knowing we only have 3 more weeks left with her. Then finially telling my son about her condition, although I have not told him that we are putting her down, at least not yet, or when.

Found out that my grandmother's health is starting to go a bit downhill also. She is 91 so it is expected, but does not make things any easier though. She is my last living grandparent, so it makes it a bit rough.

My daughter has started marching band practices and camps, so there is a bunch of running there. I am so ready to deal with these teachers (band directors) this year, so they best not mess with her or me for that matter or all hell is going to break looses, especially with how they treated her last year. I am not taking it this year. But she is excited about band. I know they are going to Townsend MD in Oct (I think that is the month) for a regional competition, and they will be going to Indianapolis is Nov for the Grand Nationals competition. They will get to be in the new dome this year instead of the RCA dome. Plus we are now doing fundraisers. Boosters are not real happy that I am doing some fundraisers on my own to help her out, but oh well. I am having a Pampered Chef party next month and instead of earning free stuff, etc, all is going toward her band fees. The band is also doing a Pampered Chef and got a little upset with me because I was not doing their fundraiser. Oh well, guess they will get over it. At least I know 100% of what we earn goes to my daughter. She has also started her driving part of driver's ed.

My son has gotten to sew on his E3 stripe, so we are excited about that.

Our pump went out on our pool, so have not had a pool all summer. Probably won't get another one until after summer. Told my husband since we wanted to do some repairs to the deck, now is the perfect time.

Anyway, that is what we have been up to for the most part. Think about everyone though. Take care and God Bless.

Karen

thanks for checking in,it is never easy to deal with.pets are
members of the family.my heart goes out to you.maybe when summer ends your husband can find a new part time job.glad things are going good with your son.again
thanks for the update,and my thoughts are with you.

Submitted by paulmergel on Tue, 08/12/2008 - 10:04

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

2n, I am so sorry to read about your baby with cancer. It is difficult when they have been part of the family for so long. I am happy to hear your son is doing well. I hope the job situation and other issues work themselves out too. I is really great to hear from you. Will keep you in my thoughts.

Submitted by RoxyNY on Wed, 08/13/2008 - 09:34

RoxyNY

( Posts: 4178 | Credits: )

Hi 2ndband,

I'm so sorry to hear all that has been going on in your life right from your husband's part-time job to your pet's health to your grandparent's health.

I think, in everybody's life such a low point comes when nothing seems to work out in your way. But don't lose heart...it's a passing phase only. I consider it as a cycle where after every bad patch comes a new shining morning.

Your son's good news is what makes me happy for you.

All my good wishes for you and your family and I pray to God that you sail through this rough patch with ease.

Nice to see you back in the forum and we all miss you. Please don't forget that we are a family too and a family is the one that mentally supports an individual at their low times.

Jason

Submitted by Jason on Thu, 08/14/2008 - 00:00

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

Well, things have gone from bad to worse for my "baby". From what my daughter said, she fell part way down the stairs yesterday, we could hardly get her to eat and she fell face first into the loveseat when she was trying to turn around. We have decided that it will be next week when we let her go. I called my mom and dad to see if I could borrow the money for her vet visit and the cremation. We don't have it right now and I just don't think I can watch her go on like this. I cried all the way home from work last nightl. I know this sounds bad, but I am praying that she will go to sleep and the good Lord take her our of her pain and misery. Please keep us in your prayers so that we can have the strength to do what we need to do. :cry:

thanks my friends,
(((hugs to all of you)))

Submitted by 2nband on Fri, 08/15/2008 - 08:35

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )

It's good to hear from you, but sorry about all the things going on in your life. I know how it is with a pet,it's so hard to let them go, even when you know it is the best thing. Will your vet let you put her to sleep and pay it out? We had to do that with our shih-tsu.

Just know, whether it is with your husband, grandmother or baby, I, and we, are here for you. Take care of yourself too, Karen--from the other Karen :D

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Sun, 08/17/2008 - 07:27

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

Hi everyone ~ just a quick note....I put my "baby" down tomorrow and it is tearing me apart!! I have not been in much of a mood to chat with anyone or even send emails. I am trying get a pampered chef party arranged to help my daughter with her marching band and just have not been really able to get into it. I have not slept well all week and am totally exhausted. Part of it is listening for the dog, if she falls on the stairs or whatever. I hear every little noise!

Then to make things better for me, I have an aunt (my mom's sister) and her husband are separating, (which I already knew about), but what I didn't know is that he lost it the other night and slapped the crap out of her and even threw tomatoes at her!!! She has filed charges and gotten a protective order against him. She has already been in the process of moving out and moving her stuff. My uncle has always been a bit different, but dang.....this is bad! She has got bruises from where the tomatoes hit her.

I just has not been a wonderful time around our house for a while. Seems that it has been one thing after another, so..... Am hoping to get back on track so I can get back on here off and on (oh and right now I don't have internet at the house, so.....) I can't spend a lot of time on here at work, so just have to pop on once in a while.

anyway, everyone take care and hope to be chatting with you all soon.

Karen

Submitted by 2nband on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 07:33

2nband

Karen, I am so sorry. You will be in my prayers, along with your baby tomorrow. I know the gut wrenching hurt, even though you know it will be best for them.

I am sorry about your aunt, sounds like she is getting away from him just in time.

Hang in there, we are all here to help and support you. Post or Pm when you can, you are in my prayers.karen :hug:

Submitted by Bossy4455 on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 08:06

Bossy4455

( Posts: 5854 | Credits: )

My heart is breaking for you. I had to make the same choice 2 years ago to put my dog down - he was 16. What kind of helped me was to think of it as a last gift of love for him. As you say, your pup is suffering, and by doing this you are alleviating any more hurt. There is a pet grief forum that was helpful to me also.
On another note - my son used to go to Grand Nationals too! so I know what you are talking about - I miss it, and yet I don't. We were from Marian Catholic.
Please know that my thought will be with you tomorrow - and as hard as it is, you are doing what is best for your furry friend. She would not want you to see her this way...dogs are so very proud animals. take care...

Submitted by dalfire497-d1 on Thu, 08/21/2008 - 17:44

dalfire497-d1

( Posts: 13 | Credits: )

Well today is the day. It is 8:04 AM my time and just knowing she has one hour left of life is tearing me apart. I said good bye to her this morning before I left to come to work and it was so hard. She just looked at me while I was hugging her and she wagged her tail, best she could, and I almost didn't let her go. I am so torn up right now. I look like crap today, but I just don't care. One of my supervisors told me if I need to I can go home early, which I might do. I will see how things go here. Hoping that if I stay busy, it will help, at least until I get home. I know when my daughter gets up, she is going to be so upset and I still have to tell my son tonight that Belle died. We were suppose to put her down next week, but after watching her, I can't make her suffer another week. We are just going to tell my son and daughter that she just died in her sleep and that daddy too her to the vet so she could be be creamated.

Oh, it hurts so much right now!!!! My dogs are part of my family. I know some people do not understand this, but they are. It is going to be a rough weekend.

I hurt not only for MY loss, but how this is going to affect my kids and my son in MS. I am sorry for rambling. Just needed to let out some emotion. Need to try to get some work done now.

Thanks for all your kind words.
Karen

Submitted by 2nband on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 05:11

2nband

i fully understand,i am so sorry.my prayers are with belle as she crosses the rainbow bridge.god bless my friend.

Submitted by paulmergel on Fri, 08/22/2008 - 06:03

paulmergel

( Posts: 15514 | Credits: )

I so understand, and feel your pain. Our dog was part of our family - and grew up with the kids, so it was like saying goodbye to a whole part of our lives. But take it one day at a time, and you will be able to remember all the good times, and you willl have your own angel watching over you. And do try the pet gief forum - I cannot remember it off the top of my head, but I am sure a search will come up. It was helpful

Submitted by dalfire497-d1 on Mon, 08/25/2008 - 08:09

dalfire497-d1

( Posts: 13 | Credits: )

Hey everyone....first I want to thank you all for your kind words. It is so greatly appreciated. It was a pretty rough weekend. My daughter and especially my son had a hard time with it all. I got sent home early from work because I just could not quit crying. We have even found ourselves calling Belle's name when we are calling the other dogs to go outside. This weekend we emptied her swimming pool, the other 2 do not use it. That was tough. We cleaned up her dog dishes also and washed her bed and put it back on the floor for the other 2 dogs. My daughter has Belle's collar, which she put around the neck of one of her stuffed white tigers. She refused to let me wash it or anything. Chico, my other big dog, keeps going to the windows looking out. I believe he is looking for her. He sits so alert and his ears are perked up. He did not eat anything from Friday night until Sunday night, not even treats. Yesterday he was a little more active, but he still refuses his treats and he still sits by the window or when he is outside, he lays by the gate just watching. I feel so bad for him. Sassy, my poodle, well she is a little hyper anyway, but she is a little more so than usual. She has a hard time staying still right now. Every noise makes her jump up and listen. We have been giving them extra attention, so I am hoping that will help.

I did get to bring my "baby" home yesterday. We picked up her ashes and brought them home. They put her in a pretty solid plastic container and then put that in a velvetine bag that says on the outside "UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN, OVER THE RAINBOW BRIDGE" and they included a copy of that poem also. Of course I cried on the way home and I know this sounds stupid, but I talked to her and told her she was finially coming come where she belonged and she would never be away from us again. Dang, writing this, I am getting tears again. My daughter just hugged "her" when she got home and cried. I am still dealing with that guilty feeling of putting her down, but have read that what I am feeling is normal. I know deep down that I did the right thing because the cancer had spread thru her body, she wasn't eating hardly anything, and you could see her hurting, but it doesn't stop the hurt of the guilty feelings. I know it was the right thing to do, but boy, I sure do miss my "mama hen".

My son has a facebook account and wants me to put some pictures of her on there as a tribute to her, for him. I told him as soon as my internet was working again, I would do it.

I am trying to put the kids together a cd of pictures of Belle and thought I would try to put them to the song "I will Always Love you" and I am trying to find another song that will fit.

Anyway, we are doing ok. Thanks again for your kind words. I am hoping to get back on here soon.

Love you guys!!!!
Karen

Submitted by 2nband on Tue, 08/26/2008 - 12:08

2nband

2n, Please know that my thoughts are still with you. You are an amazing mom and you will all get through this. I think the cd and the facebook tribute are wonderful ideas and will hopefully help you all get through this rough time. God Bless. And remember Bell is with you always and watching over you.... Hugs!! Roxy

Submitted by on Tue, 08/26/2008 - 12:16

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi Karen,

After going through your post, I have become emotional. Right now, I am very emotional.

As you're searching for a song...then I can suggest you two good songs from the film 101 Dalmatians.
1) Wherever you are
2) Far away

Take care...Bye

Jason

Submitted by Jason on Tue, 08/26/2008 - 20:47

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )