Skip to main content
index page

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!

Submitted by 2nband on Tue, 02/03/2009 - 19:47
Credits:
[Donate]

Hey everyone!!!! I know it has been forever since I have been here, so I wanted to pop in and say hi and give a quick update on everything.

I am still unemployed at this time. Having a heck of a time finding something. There just isn't anything out there, but I am still looking. Also waiting for my unemployment to kick in. Due to a severance payment, it is taking longer, but I have not had a paycheck since the middle of December because my severance went to pay for an emergency loan we got for my son to help get the car going again so he could finish his trip to NV. So far we have been lucky as far as some of the bills go and getting some help. A friend's church group has been helping us a bit, so we are greatful for that. We have decided once things get back on track, we are going to donate back to the church for what they have done for us. Thank God for wonderful people. My husband had to take a 5% pay cut the first of the year and there is talk of more lay offs and possible the company he works for my go to 32 hours a week to try to keep from too many more layoffs and for people to be able to keep their benefits. We are keeping our fingers crossed anyway. Ummm what else is going on??? Thankfully my son has decided to postpone his wedding for a year. That has made me feel a lot better and hopefully it will give him and the girl he is engaged to a chance to meet and get to know each other instead of only talking online and over the phone.

But I am hanging in there and doing the best I can and trying to keep my faith up. I am really sorry for not being on here very much, but most of my time has been filling out applications and sending out resumes and trying to find a job. I have not forgotten about everyone and know that I do think about you all, but it seems that my time get consumed with the job hunting. Please forgive me. I am also working on getting things situated to do some budget shifting and trying to get into the coupon thing. Watched Oprah today and the lady on there had some good ideas so thought I would give them a try. I don't usually watch Oprah, but for some reason today I did and am glad I did.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. I sincerely hope that everyone is doing ok.

Luv you guy!!!
Karen

Thanks....I have posted a little bit on some threads. I am going to try to post off and on while I have some time here and there.

I am trying to stay in good spritis. It is hard, but all crying does is give me a headache. LOL I figure there is a plan for me, just have to wait and see what it is.

Submitted by 2nband on Thu, 02/05/2009 - 20:12

2nband

( Posts: 2277 | Credits: )