Skip to main content
index page

about bankruptcy

Submitted by on Sun, 06/11/2006 - 01:23
Credits:
[Donate]

If a judegement is entered against you for a credit card, what is the time period before your belongings will be sold to pay for the judgement? Would you have enough time to file for chapter 7 before the collector made you sell your things?(no money no job...so they make you sell everything, right?)

In a chapter 7 yes. In a chapter 13, not necessarily. If you are already in judgement you should get to an attorney fast. Usually chapter 13 will STOP garnishments..........I would speak to a lawyer on MONDAY! Chapter 7 wipes everything out and chapter 13 you could keep your home, etc and stops future judgements, garnishments, liens, etc.

Terry

Submitted by quietsound on Sun, 06/11/2006 - 05:00

quietsound

( Posts: 50 | Credits: )

I haven't got a judgement, yet. The JDB hasn't sued yet. I sent a DV letter. The SOL is Oct. 2006. I am just afraid the JDB will sue me becasue the amount is $12,000 with their fees and interest.

I don't have a home or an income. I have a diamond ring insured for 10,000 (but to sell it for 10,000 is not possible...I have tried) I have an old beat up car that doesn't run. (I drive my fiance's car)I have a hand carved doll insured for $4000 but the doll market is down and I can't get $1000 for it.
I just don't want to loose those few things I have for one credit card debt.

Submitted by on Sun, 06/11/2006 - 17:50

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )