Skip to main content
index page

Bankruptcy in the USA affect U in Canada and Mexico?

Submitted by freedom on Thu, 01/13/2005 - 18:30
[Donate]

Does Bankruptcy in the USA affect your credit rating in Canada/ Mexico?

If I apply for a Mexican/ Canadian Credit card and am asked if I ever filed for Bankruptcy in Mexico/ Canada and I say No is this a problem.

Many tell me that Bankruptcy in the USA is different from Mexico/ Canada. So when I am asked if I ever filed for bankruptcy, then the question actually pertains to the country where I am asked. Right? In other words, it's not a lie. So if somebody wants to build good credit on Mexico, then there is no worry because the database (i.e. public records) is not shared outside the USA. Right?

Also, if I have imported my car to Mexico and I am still in the USA and my car is Mexican, then should I report my Mexican car as an asset or not?

Quote:

Does Bankruptcy in the USA affect your credit rating in Canada/ Mexico?

Depends on the mexican Law, but in most of the cases your report can be obtained through US partners.

Quote:

If I apply for a Mexican/ Canadian Credit card and am asked if I ever filed for Bankruptcy in Mexico/ Canada and I say No is this a problem.

Companies are not run on verbal acceptance, they might try to get migrants history before any loan.

Quote:
Also, if I have imported my car to Mexico and I am still in the USA and my car is Mexican, then should I report my Mexican car as an asset or not?

Tricky Question :D , I will try to find out the answer to it.

Submitted by Vikas on Fri, 01/14/2005 - 10:01

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

I am trying to find out how are the bankruptcy laws different in mexico,canada,uk,europe etc... how do they differ from the united states? is there different laws,chapters in each counrty that differs to ours in the united states?

Submitted by on Mon, 06/01/2009 - 10:34

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

:) I just wanted to know how does the bankruptcy laws differ in different countries,how does each counrty have their laws/chapters?MEXICO,Europe,UK,Canada etc.

Submitted by famfer09 on Mon, 06/01/2009 - 10:50

famfer09

( Posts: | Credits: )