Skip to main content
index page

Title under bankruptcy

Submitted by on Sun, 06/18/2006 - 04:56
Credits:
[Donate]

i just wanted to know if i have a debt that is less than five thousand dollars, would i have a title under bankrupcy? i just wanted to know because i didn't want to have that title knowing that it will prevent me from doing regular things in life such as getting an apartment or trying to get money for school. i just wanted to be able to pay everything back within a timely manner with no title.

If I remember correctly when I filed bankruptcy it seemed like it had to be a minimum of $5000, but I am not positive about this. And I agree don't go to the trouble of doing a BK and have it on your credit report. Just for the record, you mentioned getting money for school---having a bankruptcy on your record does not affect qualifying for a federal student loan as they are not based on credit. My loan for grad school was after my BK and it didn't have anything to do with it.

Submitted by Lorri on Sun, 06/18/2006 - 12:20

Lorri

( Posts: 1721 | Credits: )

And to continue what Lorri said, I haven't had much problem getting any loan after BK - now, a low interest loan is another topic all together (those are a thing of the past). I also haven't had a problem getting an apartment - but it might have helped that I maintained payments on a car and my current apartment through my BK.

And to back up everyone else - don't do it for $5000... you could easily pay that off in a fraction of the time it would take for a BK to fall off of the record. Only do it IF it is your last option (and you don't know that until you explore the other options.

Submitted by Ehwin on Sun, 06/18/2006 - 17:10

Ehwin

( Posts: 139 | Credits: )

Will the passport of a bankrupt be compounded. That's can they travel out of the country for specific reasons.

Submitted by on Fri, 07/07/2006 - 04:07

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I am not sure about your query but I believe that after the debt is discharged in bankruptcy, you are under no legal obligation and hence can travel anywhere. Maybe someone with a better explanation can help you out in this query. A bankruptcy attorney will be able to give you the most suitable advice.

Submitted by andyyoung on Fri, 07/07/2006 - 17:23

andyyoung

( Posts: 451 | Credits: )