Skip to main content
index page

fraudulent laws

Submitted by on Thu, 02/03/2005 - 03:07
Credits:
[Donate]

Could someone help me out with the latest fraudulent laws ? To what extent is my social security number safe ? Can anyone can help me ? ....JumpinJack

[quote=Anonymous]Could someone help me out with the latest fraudulent laws ? To what extent is my social security number safe ? Can anyone can help me ? ....JumpinJack[/quote]

Hi Jumpinjack

Identity theft is a crime, check out http://thomas.loc.gov/ for the laws.

The safety of your Social Security Number lies in you and you should always be careful, never disclose your SSN to anyone .

Thank you,
Simon

Submitted by simon on Sat, 02/05/2005 - 01:42

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

[quote=Anonymous]Could someone help me out with the latest fraudulent laws ? To what extent is my social security number safe ? Can anyone can help me ? ....JumpinJack[/quote]

Also be careful when you are shopping online. As you know, companies are collecting information on us as we use their websites. Be especially careful when you fill out forms that ask for your social security number. It is usually not mandatory because they are aware of identity theft concerns. I usually put in 999999999. If there is a problem, then the company could contact you so you could give them the number in a more secure manner.

You can also check the privacy policy located on the website to learn about the kind of data the website does collect from you. If they collect information that is too personal, I would think twice about putting any of your personal information on the form.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Mon, 03/28/2005 - 18:54

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )