Skip to main content
index page

!!!! CA says they can't delete only CB can. HELP!!!

Submitted by on Fri, 05/27/2005 - 00:10
Credits:
[Donate]

Hi,

I am trying to settle a small amount with the collection agency and I specifically asked for the record to be deleted from my Credit Report. The Collection Agency told me that they can only report the amount as "Paid in Full" and that they can't actually have the Credit Bureaus delete the record. Is this true?? I see postings where we can send a letter and have the agency delete the report. I'm new to this whole thing and it just seems so overwhelming and confusing. It seems every rule has an exception. Your advice/help is greatly appreciated. If I'm at a stand still with the agency only agreeing to mark the account as "paid in full" what are my options?? Can he issue a "paid in full" to the Credit Bureaus and I can later call/write the bureaus and tell them the collection has been settled and ask for it to be taken off my report???

Hi Itrain12
Welcome to forums.

As far as your query is concerned a collection agency can report the amount as "paid in full" as well as they can delete the record.

Yes if you send a letter to the collection agency then the collection agency will surely do.And you should insist with the collection agency to mark the account as paid in full and in addition they should delete the record and intimate it to the credit bureaus.The credit bureaus will update your account status.

Hope this information will help you
Peter

Submitted by peter on Fri, 05/27/2005 - 03:45

peter

( Posts: 285 | Credits: )

Hi ltrain12

Welcome to the forums. I read your post and have taken into consideration that you have paid your dues in full to the collection agency. I, thus, strongly feel that the collection agencies should not mind deleting your account once you have completed paying the bills at the right time. After all, their main intention was to recover the money from you and once that is done, they will not have any interest left in your account. Please negotiate with your debt collectors carefully so that you can earn their trust.

Please let us know after you have made this move and also let us their action too.

Regards
Roxette
Fearlessness is the first thing indispensable before we can achieve anything permanent and real

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 05/27/2005 - 13:09

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )