Skip to main content
index page

How to prevent CA from viewing my credit report?

Submitted by breezi on Mon, 03/14/2005 - 17:40
Credits:
[Donate]

Hey everyone.

I recently called a collection agency to get information on the pay off of my debt. How much I owed, account number and all that. This was before I ran my credit report. Now that I have ran the credit report I never autorized them to view my credit report and they are showing up in the inquiries. Is there a way to fight this and to get them off of it?

Thanks,

~Breezi

its funny when u come to think of it. they are looking at our credit reports and it is shown as a inquiry on our credit report and it takes our credit score down.

ahhhhhhh .. some times i feel my life is not in my hands any more :oops:

Submitted by on Mon, 03/14/2005 - 23:53

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

The following information is used to calculate your score

Payment history = 35%
Amounts owed = 30%
Length of credit history = 15%
New credit = 10%
Types of credit in use = 10%

Quote:

I CANT BELIEVE THAT AN INQUERY WOULD LOWER A CREDIT SCORE

Sometimes inquiries can have some stronger impact, especially if you have few accounts or a short history of credit.

Rule says,
Large numbers of inquiries also mean greater risk
People with 6 or more inquiries on their reports are 8 times more probable to declare bankrupt when compare to people with no inquiries on their reports.

Simon

Submitted by simon on Mon, 03/21/2005 - 09:49

simon

( Posts: 307 | Credits: )

Unfortunately the collection agency does have a permissible purpose to access a copy of your credit report, because it is for the collection of an existing debt.

It can count 10% against the credit score, usually 2-10 point drop per inquiry. And this is negative since it will be coded on the credit report that a collection agency inquired, it will remain 2 years but only affect credit scoring for 12 month period, after that it is just there for looks.

In general you should not apply for incur more then 3 inquiries in a 6 month period of time. Otherwise you can start being denied new credit just for too many inquiries showing on the credit report. Makes you look desperate shopping for credit.

Submitted by Pammila on Mon, 04/25/2005 - 11:49

Pammila

( Posts: 112 | Credits: )