Skip to main content
index page

Three ways to a free credit report

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Thu, 06/09/2005 - 23:49
Credits:
[Donate]

I was reading an article and I thought I should relay some important information that could help those in need of a credit report. After my recent identity theft episode, I am very interested in this story.

The three ways are as follows:

1. You can call this toll free number:1-877-322-8228

2. You can go to a website and access the information on this website: annualcreditreport.com

I suggest that you copy and paste this link because if you misspell this web address, you could be led to a free credit report impostor. So Copy and paste if you use this method.

3. You can fill out a form and send out your request through regular mail.

The free credit reports are a result of a FTC ruling under the Fair Accurate Credit Transaction Act. Under this ruling, the three major credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, and Transunion) are each required to provide consumers with a free copy of their credit reports once every 12 months.

This program is only available in the west and Midwest at the moment. This program is rolling our region by region and should be available in all states by September 1 2005.

Thanks so much for this information. I have been looking for a free credit report and I was pretty confused how and where to get it,

thanks a ton benhjamin.

Submitted by on Sat, 06/11/2005 - 18:06

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Hi lonelysam

benjaminz6, I am sure that your research will keep helping the community members for a longer time.

Lonelysam, please do keep signing in the forums for regular updates on debt consolidation and related issues. We hope to see your active participation in the forums with your comments and suggestions for the community help.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Sat, 06/11/2005 - 18:17

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

[quote=lonelysam]Thanks so much for this information. I have been looking for a free credit report and I was pretty confused how and where to get it,

thanks a ton benhjamin.[/quote]

No problem lonely Sam. I do regular reading in this area and I thought I would relay the info to the members. Because I was quite surprised that something like this actually existed. So since I have a fraud alert on my credit accounts, getting these free credit reports would be of tremendous help to me. And I am glad that this information was of some assistance to you.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Sat, 06/18/2005 - 06:00

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )

[quote=roxette]Hi lonelysam

benjaminz6, I am sure that your research will keep helping the community members for a longer time.

Lonelysam, please do keep signing in the forums for regular updates on debt consolidation and related issues. We hope to see your active participation in the forums with your comments and suggestions for the community help.

Yes, i am glad that this info would be of some assistance to some of the members. It will be definitely of some assistance to me. Since I am a victim of identity theft, this information will go a long way in helping me monitor my credit. So I am grateful that the government decide to establish this new law. Finally they are doing something to assist the average Joe.
Regards
Roxette[/quote]

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Sat, 06/18/2005 - 06:04

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )