Skip to main content
index page

needing money

Submitted by on Fri, 03/18/2005 - 12:29
Credits:
[Donate]

My name is Mike and I have 1 loan but I need more money for summer semester, rent, other living expeses. The thing is my college allows so much money which is fine but I drive 1 hour 15 mins a day to school and my vehicle didn't make it so I had to get another used vehicle then gas along with classes and books rent and other bills I'm out of money. I keep getting turned down for student loans due to I've used up my allowed money. Are they any other options or am I out of luck.

Hey Mike,

Some time back, I was also in a similar situation like yours. I also had a long way to cover in order to reach my office in time. I was also running short of cash as I had many other expenses which already required prior attention. But then, one of my friends suggested changing my house and live somewhere near to the workplace. Since I already had to pay rent living at this end, so I didn't mind going to the other end where my office was placed. This way, being a walking distance from home to office, I not only minimized my car expenses but also had a handsome amount to spare for other purposes. I guess that was a very smart decision.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 03/18/2005 - 13:31

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

[quote=mike wade]My name is Mike and I have 1 loan but I need more money for summer semester, rent, other living expeses. The thing is my college allows so much money which is fine but I drive 1 hour 15 mins a day to school and my vehicle didn't make it so I had to get another used vehicle then gas along with classes and books rent and other bills I'm out of money. I keep getting turned down for student loans due to I've used up my allowed money. Are they any other options or am I out of luck.[/quote]

I was also in your situation before. You should go to the financial aid department in your school and ask them if they could provide you with some grant money or if they can increase your current grant money. Most schools care about assisting students financially. So it wouldn't hurt to ask. And apply for scholarships available to students at your school.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Mon, 03/28/2005 - 19:24

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )

benjee is completely right. you would be surprised about how much help you can get. the 2 most important people alive are mothers and students the state and private institutions will be glad to help.. keep poking your nose around and dont give up. also moving in with a roommate or a smaller apartment will help. down size yourself it will only motivate you to do better in school. :D

Submitted by puchodog on Tue, 03/29/2005 - 07:27

puchodog

( Posts: 58 | Credits: )