Skip to main content
index page

Debt Collecters

Submitted by on Sat, 03/26/2005 - 12:07
Credits:
[Donate]

I have collectors who cannot be worked with , harrasses even when paid and calls dailey when paid. What can I do if even paying isn't working

well there are lots of options in this case, laws that protect us from harassing calls. you can call customer service and tell them that your unemployed and will make the payments when you can. also before any company calls you they look up your account and see if your on the do not call list, and to see any special instructions about your account.. what i would do is call a customer rep and politely ask them to write a note in your account to say "do not call untill 45 days of late payment." some reps will put things on the account for you . remember they dont like getting the calls either and usually will do what they can to help you . JUST BE NICE AND YOULL GET WHAT YOU WANT (most of the time)

Submitted by puchodog on Sat, 03/26/2005 - 15:14

puchodog

( Posts: 58 | Credits: )

Quote:

I have collectors who cannot be worked with, harasses even when paid and calls daily when paid. What can I do if even paying isn't working

Hi SammySOO, Welcome to the forums,

Debt Collection Patterns is a very significant part of Consumer Credit Protection Act. This further went on to become an independent law under the name of Fair Debt Collection practices Act or fdcpa.

It generally works when you can threaten on the basis of FDCPA because collection agencies are also aware of FDCPA and its importance.

Thanks
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Sat, 03/26/2005 - 18:08

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )