Skip to main content
index page

Stopping harrassment of CA's if payments are being made.

Submitted by on Sat, 03/26/2005 - 21:59
Credits:
[Donate]

How can I stop harrassing calls from CA's if I am making some payments monthly towards my bad debt? The collection agency is taking my payments, but threating to take me to court if I do not send in a larger payment or if a 2nd payment is not made within the same month.

I have also been told that it is not a good idea to pay collection agencies, that it is better to pay the original creditor. If this is true, how does the debt get back to the original creditor from the CA? I really want to pay off my debts asap without being threatened and/or harrassed, but I have to live as well in the meatime and cannot send all of the money that I have to the CA.

Please help. Thanks

Hi modifiedlady04,

Welcome to the forums, collection agencies are not trained for customer care. Their only job is to extract as much money as possible, the method and the way doesn't matter.

You can threaten them of legal action for violating fdcpa ( http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/fdcpa.html ).

Quote:

I really want to pay off my debts asap without being threatened and/or harassed, but I have to live as well in the meantime and cannot send all of the money that I have to the CA.

Write a letter to the original creditor and mention the problem with collection agency, also mention that you are ready to pay the debt in full. In most cases they will pull the accounts back from CA.

Thanks
Vikas

Submitted by Vikas on Sun, 03/27/2005 - 09:18

Vikas

( Posts: 2019 | Credits: )

simply make paymenmts directly to the original creditor. The collector is merely a third party interloper and has no legitimate claim. If you do this in any country with an english common law system you need to be able to prove in a court that you are making an effort to fulfil your obligations and this will show that you are google mary croft, particularly if you are canadian. 8)

Submitted by on Fri, 09/30/2005 - 02:47

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Quote:

simply make paymenmts directly to the original creditor. The collector is merely a third party interloper and has no legitimate claim.

Actually sorry but username, you are DEAD wrong. A third party contingency collection agency is generally under contract with the OC. They get paid regardless of who you send your payments too and in a lot of cases, decsions are left up to CA as to what is an satisfactory payment.

Submitted by SOAPLADY on Sat, 03/31/2007 - 22:59

SOAPLADY

( Posts: 17315 | Credits: )