Skip to main content
index page

heavy tpx-dv and another who ran up my bills

Submitted by on Thu, 06/30/2005 - 19:55
Credits:
[Donate]

:?so do I claim bankrupctcy or do I consolidate debt that was incurred by a guy that was violent towards me and my finances so to speak. He had me robbed and basicalled conducted all types of fraud and liesthat I'm now gonna have to pay for. I'm on Disability and was planning to return to a Grad program but this seems unlikely-Any suggestions?

Hi alzbue17

Welcome to the debt consolidation Care forums. You have some Disability benefits under the act that you can exercise. Please tell us in detail the disability you are going through and the tenure so that we can frame something accurately.

Regards
    Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Fri, 07/01/2005 - 14:44

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

[quote=alzbue17]:?so do I claim bankrupctcy or do I consolidate debt that was incurred by a guy that was violent towards me and my finances so to speak. He had me robbed and basicalled conducted all types of fraud and liesthat I'm now gonna have to pay for. I'm on Disability and was planning to return to a Grad program but this seems unlikely-Any suggestions?

[/quote]
      Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. I am not too sure that I understand your situation well from the details that you provided.

But I will try to give you suggestions based on what I can discern from your post.

So, you are saying that some guy beat you and robbed you? And afterwards, he used your credit fraudulently? This sounds criminal to begin with. Why haven't you contacted the police yet?

Whoever this guy is, he committed battery against you and this is a crime. The fraud he committed against you is also a crime. So you should contact your nearest law enforcement office right away.

What is the relationship of this guy to you? Is he a friend or a family member? Or is he just a stranger that is tormenting you?

This relationship that you have with the person is abusive and I would also suggest that you contact a lawyer to take legal action against this guy.

This guy does not have your best interests at heart. You should sue him for the battery and using your credit fraudulently.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Fri, 07/01/2005 - 16:11

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )

[quote=benjaminz6][quote=alzbue17]:?so do I claim bankrupctcy or do I consolidate debt that was incurred by a guy that was violent towards me and my finances so to speak. He had me robbed and basicalled conducted all types of fraud and liesthat I'm now gonna have to pay for. I'm on Disability and was planning to return to a Grad program but this seems unlikely-Any suggestions?

[/quote]
        Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. I am not too sure that I understand your situation well from the details that you provided.

But I will try to give you suggestions based on what I can discern from your post.

So, you are saying that some guy beat you and robbed you? And afterwards, he used your credit fraudulently? This sounds criminal to begin with. Why haven't you contacted the police yet?

Whoever this guy is, he committed battery against you and this is a crime. The fraud he committed against you is also a crime. So you should contact your nearest law enforcement office right away.

What is the relationship of this guy to you? Is he a friend or a family member? Or is he just a stranger that is tormenting you?

This relationship that you have with the person is abusive and I would also suggest that you contact a lawyer to take legal action against this guy.

This guy does not have your best interests at heart. You should sue him for the battery and using your credit fraudulently.[/quote]

In addition, no, I do not think that you should file for bankruptcy.

Bankruptcy should be used for a time when you are the one responsible for getting yourself in a financial hole and you do not have any way to take care of the problem.

From this situation, it seems as if this guy is responsible for all of your problems; but yet, you want to pay for all of it yourself.

You cannot allow this to happen. You need to hold him accountable. You need to sue him so he could clean up the mess that he created.

You should not file bankruptcy. Because that will ruin your credit and not his. He should be the one taking care of this problem, not you.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Fri, 07/01/2005 - 16:13

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )