Skip to main content
index page

Should I go ahead with debt consolidation?

Submitted by on Fri, 04/01/2005 - 12:28
Credits:
[Donate]

Maybe I am playing devil's advocate here but I just spent an hour on the phone with a certain company (Take Charge America) and was basically told things about how to reduce my personal expenses or get a second job in order to even qualify for a reduction in debt or smaller payments. Hello? My monthly payments are $1100, they tell me they can get them down to $800 but only after I find an additional $600/mnth in the way of reduced expenses or extra income. Whatever.

Hi,

Went through your query.
When you called up TCA did they advice you to reduce your personal expenses and get a second job?
Or did they tell you that in order to qualify for a debt management plan you need to either reduce your expenses or make additional income from a second job?
If they told you that to qualify for dmp you need to decrease you cost or increase your income then they are not giving you the right information.
To apply for a debt management plan you only need to be a US citizen and be 18 years old.
So don't worry, you can go ahead and apply for a DMP and start paying off your debts in installments that suit your pocket.
Try to cut down on your avoidable expenses and also try to make some additional money from a second job.
This will make your debt repayment procedure smoother and make the process quicker.

All the best
thirdeye

Submitted by thirdeye on Thu, 04/07/2005 - 23:29

thirdeye

( Posts: 82 | Credits: )