Skip to main content
index page

I don't know what it is...

Submitted by on Sun, 04/03/2005 - 09:49
Credits:
[Donate]

I just checked my credit report for the first time ever. Well according to the Experian report, I owe $821.00 to asset acceptance llc. I have no idea what this is about! I was overseas in Japan when they say that I opened the account. I don't know where to go from here. It says that I made payments for a while and then stopped and then started again and then stopped completely. Part of the months that I was reported as to have made payments I was back in the states. How could I be making payments on something that I don't even know that I have??? What do I do??? Thanks, Ashley

Hi Ashley

You seem to be facing the same old problem faced by so many people in different corners of the globe. If you think that you don't have any sort of payment to make, then certainly be on the stronger side of yourself. Ask them to show it on the hard paper what they are claiming. They ought to prove you that something like this really exists in the real world. They need to show you each and every transaction of that $821.00 which you owe to that company. Making the move further, if they are unable to prove anything from their side within a reasonable time, then you can take the matter further to the court and ask for justice and sue them so that you become the ray of light to so many weaker people around the globe.

Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Tue, 04/05/2005 - 13:29

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )

[quote=Ashley]I just checked my credit report for the first time ever. Well according to the Experian report, I owe $821.00 to asset acceptance llc. I have no idea what this is about! I was overseas in Japan when they say that I opened the account. I don't know where to go from here. It says that I made payments for a while and then stopped and then started again and then stopped completely. Part of the months that I was reported as to have made payments I was back in the states. How could I be making payments on something that I don't even know that I have??? What do I do??? Thanks, Ashley[/quote]

They are credit counselors/bill collectors. They purchase debt from credit issuers. It is called accounts receivable. A third party company purchases your bills from the company in which your debt originated in. And this third party company will be the one who collects your money from now on. You don't have to sign up for this. It is an exchange between businesses. It doesn't change much on your end. But just in case, call the company up to see where this bill originated from.

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Mon, 04/18/2005 - 19:04

benjaminz6

( Posts: 256 | Credits: )