Skip to main content
index page

Credit Report Problems

Submitted by billbird on Tue, 07/12/2005 - 11:14
[Donate]

I recently refinanced my wifes car and they pulled a credit report for her and I. When the bank pulls my report from Transunion (sp?) My social shows up, but my dad's names shows up with his home phone and my address.

I am the III and my dad is Jr.

On that report a couple of his things showed up, like car and gas card.

So then later that month I got rid of my truck for a better family SUV and they ran another report. This time almost all of my dads stuff showed up from house payments to credit cards.

Another thing is when they pull different reports from different places my score goes from 698 to 450 and just bounces around in that range.

I remember reading something that said about 70% of credit scores are wrong, then my question to the banks and the rest of the world is "why in the hell do people rely on them"

Do I just need to pull a 3 in 1 report and start calling the company and filing with them and finding out why my dad is showing up when they pull my social. And no my dad didn't co-sign for the stuff that was showing up. Thanks

Hi Billbird

Welcome to the forums. Your credit report is showing error in individual identification and you need to dispute it with the credit bureau reporting the error. You can pull your report by filling the form authorized by the FTC in this link.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/credit/docs/fact_act_request_form.pdf

It does happen that credit bureaus report error because they are dealing with endless number of data each day. So, we can request them to fix the error and once it is erased, they are not supposed to put it back in the report.

Regards
Roxette

Submitted by roxette on Tue, 07/12/2005 - 13:55

roxette

( Posts: 4009 | Credits: )