Skip to main content
index page

DSW shoes customers: check your credit report..

Submitted by benjaminz6 on Thu, 04/21/2005 - 23:54
Credits:
[Donate]

I am sure that many of you have heard recently that a database for DSW shoes had been hacked. Well, originally they thought the problem only affected 100,000 customers. Well, now the company realizes that the breach affected 1.4 million people in all of its stores.

These thieves obtained critical information. This information included: credit card numbers, driver's license numbers, and bank account numbers. However, customers' names addresses and social security numbers were not stolen.

The company recommends that those who suspect fraud should immediately contact their bank, and credit card company. You should also continually check your credit report in order to safeguard yourself from fraudulent activity.

here is their press release.

dswshoe.com/pressRelease.jsp

[color=red][size=2][Link made inactive-Vikas][/size][/color]

I'm sure this will be of great help to people who comes across this piece of information.
So guys out there better be cautious after what you came to know. :shock:

Another great post as usual Benjamin. Great going. Keep it up. :D

Cheers,
Jason

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 04/22/2005 - 02:55

Jason

( Posts: 2430 | Credits: )

i was wondering if there is any way you could give me a new one. it is up in nov. thank you judith schmidt
customer number4 00092 68730 9

Submitted by on Sun, 10/23/2005 - 09:32

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

Judith

Welcome to the forums. When you asked for a new number, I'm assuming you meant with DSW. This site isn't in anyway affiliated with DSW. This site just provides informative information for others about credit related issues.

If you contact your local store, perhaps they could assist you in getting a different customer number. You could also send them an email.

Please read the news story that Jason has mentioned to get a better understanding of whats going on. The only option for contact on the site though, is by email.

dswshoe.com/pressRelease.jsp

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Sun, 10/23/2005 - 10:31

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )

It's true. People can almost gain any type of information about someone else. I once worked for a company that recorded phone calls of HOT SALES. The credit card information was obtained, and later used for verification purposes. If this were to ever leave the building on accident...and the rep found it in their car...then tosses it out in the trash when washing their car...it could end up in the wrong hands. Someone could find it, and wonder 'ohh...a tape, I wonder what it is?"

There was also a news story of a lady who is a victom to Katrina. She got one of those Red Cross Mastercards. A news reporter interviewed her, and later took her picture holding the card with her daughter. Without thinking, the reporter posted his story...and not but an hour later her card has over a hudred hits on it. The reporter should have blurred the numbers, but it goes to show just how far someone is to steal something that isn't theirs...even when it belongs to someone who's homeless.

Regards-
Mike

Submitted by Teleport on Wed, 10/26/2005 - 08:25

Teleport

( Posts: 1388 | Credits: )